USAB U17 team has begun preparations for World Cup | Page 5 | The Boneyard

USAB U17 team has begun preparations for World Cup

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jones and Bueckers are super impressive.

Brink's upside is enormous.

Boston does miss some layups in general but she's so good on the boards and defensively. Really smart player.

Horston has great versatility and athleticism. Still can't figure out what position she is, but she's a player.

Van Lith isn't as advanced as Bueckers but will be really, really good.
I’ll take them all plus the prodigy Fudd.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
USA up 37-24 with 3+ mins left in 2 Qtr. Sloppy quarter for USA.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
49-29 USA at the half. Horston leads USA in scoring with 11 points while Bueckers, Jones and Boston each have 7. Fudd scoreless in the 1st half (only 1 shot).

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Merissah Russell (#10 G) has 8 points for Canada. She's currently the #1 rated 2020 player in Canada. Louisville is recruiting her.

Reaction Score
Horston looks good but can still play a bit out of control

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Again, Zia Cooke changes things when she comes in off the bench with her defense and intensity.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I believe Charisma Osborne's job is just to stand behind the 3point line and shoot when given the ball??? I could be wrong!

LOL Sure seems that way. All 6 of her shots were 3s.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Not a particularly impressive 31-point win. Too many turnovers -- 21 and a lot of missed shots, many short. The team played like a team of young high school kids that has logged a lot of miles and played its 3rd game in 3 days. Forgettable game for Azzi; of course, she's one of the youngest players on the team.

Celeste Taylor is a really nice player. She plays good defense, goes strong to the boards and can make some shots. Texas has a good one.

Hailey Van Lith's pull-up in the lane is nice.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just repeating your observation incase someone may have missed it.
Celeste Taylor is a really nice player. She plays good defense, goes strong to the boards and can make some shots. Texas has a good one.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Not a particularly impressive 31-point win. Too many turnovers -- 21 and a lot of missed shots, many short. The team played like a team of young high school kids that has logged a lot of miles and played its 3rd game in 3 days. Forgettable game for Azzi; of course, she's one of the youngest players on the team.

I noticed her hustle. She is everywhere on the floor. She was a part of that tandem off the bench yesterday that changed the game in the first quarter.

Reaction Score

and was UConn's for the taking........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

and was UConn's for the taking...
Not according to the people who actually know!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
How Did Burnelle look?

There's not much to say. I missed her 5 first-half points. In the second half she mostly was stationed at the three-point line on offense and didn't get many touches. Seemed adequate on defense and on the boards.

It's sort of hard to evaluate forwards in these games. From what I watched, the guards dominated the game and took most of the shots. That's not a criticism or anything. There just aren't very intricate plays with only a few practices as a team.

Reaction Score
There's not much to say. I missed her 5 first-half points. In the second half she mostly was stationed at the three-point line on offense and didn't get many touches. Seemed adequate on defense and on the boards.

It's sort of hard to evaluate forwards in these games. From what I watched, the guards dominated the game and took most of the shots. That's not a criticism or anything. There just aren't very intricate plays with only a few practices as a team.

SB's role appears to be that of a facilitator..........they haven't needed her to be all that aggressive offensively and she doesn't seem to mind playing that role so I don't think the stats should be the only way to judge her play so far far................

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
How Did Burnelle look?

In today's game, Brunelle was the last USA player off the bench, entering the game with about 3 minutes left in the 1st half. She hit a 3 and had a nice put-back. She struggles with a faster pace of play which is the way Team USA clearly wants to play based on the rotation Carla has set. Those struggles likely explain what happened with the UConn staff.

That said, she does certain things well in the half court. She has a nose for the ball and is a pretty good passer. She has struggled shooting the ball with USA BB in the past so we'll see what she does with her opportunities in the upcoming world championships.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if replays of these games are available for working stiff's like me?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom