USAB U17 team has begun preparations for World Cup | The Boneyard

USAB U17 team has begun preparations for World Cup

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Practice began this morning. The team will practice and scrimmage in Colorado Springs before heading to the DC area next week for practices/scrimmages. The team will travel to Latvia for a 4-team tournament beginning on July 14 and then travel to Belarus where the World Cup will begin on Sunday July 21.

UConn recruiting targets on the team include Aliyah Boston, Paige Bueckers, Cameron Brink, Azzi Fudd, Jordan Horston, Haley Jones and Hailey Van Lith. The head coach is former UConn player Carla Berube. Geno and/or Chris will likely be in attendance.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno was out in Colorado Springs last night watching the U17 team scrimmage.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Practice began this morning. The team will practice and scrimmage in Colorado Springs before heading to the DC area next week for practices/scrimmages. The team will travel to Latvia for a 4-team tournament beginning on July 14 and then travel to Belarus where the World Cup will begin on Sunday July 21.

UConn recruiting targets on the team include Aliyah Boston, Paige Bueckers, Cameron Brink, Azzi Fudd, Jordan Horston, Haley Jones and Hailey Van Lith. The head coach is former UConn player Carla Berube. Geno and/or Chris will likely be in attendance.

Hay!!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sunday was their last day in Colorado. Wonder if he's following them to DC next.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Sunday was their last day in Colorado. Wonder if he's following them to DC next.

I'm not sure if the DC scrimmages will be open to coaches but in any event Geno and Chris will surely be back in CT tomorrow for Ginny Rowe's funeral service and reception.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I see 6 future Huskies but for fun pretend you are your team's coach and can only sign 3 of these 12. Who are your choices?

Me, I'd take Boston, Bueckers and Fudd.

Ding ding ding ding!!! :D And feel real good about yourself afterwards. :p

Reaction Score
I see 6 future Huskies but for fun pretend you are your team's coach and can only sign 3 of these 12. Who are your choices?

I’d take Jones, Horston, and Brink ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I see Jones, Horston, Boston, Brink, Fudd, Van Lith, and Bueckers. I suppose I could make a list of 3, but that’s really tough. Bueckers is the new Diana, Fudd is the new Maya, and Boston is the new Tina. They may be the highest priorities, but any 4-6 of them would be fabulous. Hailey Van Lith could be the new Sue Bird, Horston is Magic Johnson, Brink looks a lot like Stewie, and Jones may be the most complete player of the group. In short, that’s a fabulous team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ok, 2 BYers have picked 6 different players. I’ll take Hailey Van Lith and laugh all the way to Springfield. ;)

BTW, what is Hailey Van Lith’s workout regimen? She’s built like a brick ____house. She’s a shorter version of Maya or Alyssa Thomas.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Three is terribly unfair, but Jones, Bueckers, and Brink if forced.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I feel like saying anything other than Brunelle, Bueckers, and Fudd is a betrayal of the Red Robin Prophecy.

But my answer is probably Brunelle, H. Jones, and Fudd (assuming Brunelle is already locked in given that I'm Muffet in this scenario).

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I see Jones, Horston, Boston, Brink, Fudd, Van Lith, and Bueckers. I suppose I could make a list of 3, but that’s really tough. Bueckers is the new Diana, Fudd is the new Maya, and Boston is the new Tina. They may be the highest priorities, but any 4-6 of them would be fabulous. Hailey Van Lith could be the new Sue Bird, Horston is Magic Johnson, Brink looks a lot like Stewie, and Jones may be the most complete player of the group. In short, that’s a fabulous team.
Guess we'll just have to take them all.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Okay, you only get one trio, Boston, Bueckers and Jones or Brink, Van Lith and Fudd. Choose.

Reaction Score

Great question. Would take Boston and any other two.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I feel like saying anything other than Brunelle, Bueckers, and Fudd is a betrayal of the Red Robin Prophecy.

But my answer is probably Brunelle, H. Jones, and Fudd (assuming Brunelle is already locked in given that I'm Muffet in this scenario).

Like Orangutan, assuming I'm MM and Niele in this exercise. If so, I'd like to try a fast one. Since Sam has already committed and (of course :rolleyes:) will stay true to her word, we can set our sites on three others, right?
If so, Haley Jones ('19), Paige Bueckers ('20) and Azzi Fudd ('21).

(p.s. if foul is called, we'll insert Sam and drop Haley)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Okay, you only get one trio, Boston, Bueckers and Jones or Brink, Van Lith and Fudd. Choose.
I can't field a team with 3 players, so I'll take 5 with one coming off the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom