USA vs Australia today @ 4:00PM | The Boneyard

USA vs Australia today @ 4:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The USA vs. Australia today @4:00PM on NBA channel on Cablevision

I also wanted to thank Tony C for arranging the tickets on Friday. I know everyone had a great time. Thanks again.

Reaction Score
If you are on comcast in the Branford area, it's on NBA.tv on channel 1712 ( and 1721 I do not remember exactly). They are HD channels.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Super stoked about this game. There are a couple of intriguing match-ups...DT and Taylor, and Cambage against the US post players. Will Cambage have a first half similar to what she had in the last Olympics? Can she stay out of foul trouble and stay in the game? The US has two top centers in Fowles and Charles to slow her down, so we will have a fresh post player going up against her at all times.

Reaction Score
Super stoked about this game. There are a couple of intriguing match-ups...DT and Taylor, and Cambage against the US post players. Will Cambage have a first half similar to what she had in the last Olympics? Can she stay out of foul trouble and stay in the game? The US has two top centers in Fowles and Charles to slow her down, so we will have a fresh post player going up against her at all times.
BTW yesterday Penny announced she is retiring after this WNBA season, wants to coach

Aussie great Taylor to retire after WNBA season

Reaction Score
That makes me think even more that DT is done with the WNBA after this season. Unless Taylor plans to coach for the Mercury.
It almost sounded to me like she wants, or might have an opportunity, to be an assistant for Brondello, and/or for her and her hubby in Russia. That would make sense year-round, with D staying playing for PHX. I haven't picked up any vibe of D not coming back to PHX (except from you) - ??

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It almost sounded to me like she wants, or might have an opportunity, to be an assistant for Brondello, and/or for her and her hubby in Russia. That would make sense year-round, with D staying playing for PHX. I haven't picked up any vibe of D not coming back to PHX (except from you) - ??

DT almost seems irritated that she is playing in the WNBA this season. I just get the impression that she won't be back based on the lack of joy that I detect. I have said before that I expect her to retire from the WNBA and Taylor's announcement makes me think even more that DT won't be back.

Reaction Score
BG with 2 really stupid fouls. That's why she's on the team: to play Cambage tough for 20 minutes. Must drive Geno nuts.

EDD continues to be the toughest match-up around.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
BG with 2 really stupid fouls. That's why she's on the team: to play Cambage tough for 20 minutes. Must drive Geno nuts.

EDD continues to be the toughest match-up around.

The US has 1 point from the center position. Charles, BG and Fowles are offering very little on offense. Must drive Geno nuts.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The Microwave
US-Olympian-suspended-after-coachs-firing-H825R5VN-x-large.jpg

Reaction Score
I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to view this game on my tablet. I clicked on your link, but see no way to find the game.
What am I doing wrong?
Did you get the USA Facebook page? It should show up if you have a Facebook account.

Reaction Score
ugly-ish. After thrashing Canada, Geno will have a few things to say to this team after the game....

Reaction Score
I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to view this game on my tablet. I clicked on your link, but see no way to find the game.
What am I doing wrong?
You have to open a browser, such as Chrome, IE or Firefox, then open Facebook first from any browser, then go to USA Basketball in Facebook.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Tina caught guarding Mitchell on two trips down the court and Mitchell score 5 points to end the half, bringing the Aussies within 6.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
ugly-ish. After thrashing Canada, Geno will have a few things to say to this team after the game....

Hopefully the second half is better. Just leave EDD and Angel on the court and it will be OK.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's good to have a tough game. I think it will make the team better. But as much as US is still finding their way, and as good as Australia is, it's not a game that really shouldn't be this close *having said that France was within 1 point at halftime). As was mentioned, not only are our 5's having zero impact on the offensive end, several stupid fouls away from the basket are limiting what they can do on the floor...

Lots of sharing of the rock - 13 assists out of 19 made baskets, but it needs to be more than EDD and Angel. Maya has done some scoring but is 3-7 from the floor. Still, feed the hot hands I guess. Disappointed in our post players, thus far, though...

Great game for learning experience for the team!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It's good to have a tough game. I think it will make the team better. But as much as US is still finding their way, and as good as Australia is, it's not a game that really shouldn't be this close *having said that France was within 1 point at halftime). As was mentioned, not only are our 5's having zero impact on the offensive end, several stupid fouls away from the basket are limiting what they can do on the floor...

Lots of sharing of the rock - 13 assists out of 19 made baskets, but it needs to be more than EDD and Angel. Maya has done some scoring but is 3-7 from the floor. Still, feed the hot hands I guess. Disappointed in our post players, thus far, though...

Great game for learning experience for the team!

Do you have a link to live stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS