USA Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

USA Postgame Thread

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’ll keep it short:
  • This game was a celebration of WBB in general and UConn WBB in particular. At the same time, Geno and many of the players are hurting because of the tragedy that took the lives of Kobe and Gigi yesterday. One of the many great things about sports, is that for a couple of hours when you’re playing the game you can set aside some of life’s burdens, at least for a little while.
  • As an exhibition, the best thing about this game is that everybody got through it in one piece.
  • It looked as if all the players had some fun and, hopefully, Anna got to take a selfie with her childhood idol.

Reaction Score
The first half was UConn's best game (half) of the season. They played aggressively, weren't intimidated. They drove to the basket, rebounded aggressively. Looked great!

But too many mistakes, especially unforced turnovers. And Makurat ran out of magic- 2 for 8 from outside.

But honestly, I wonder whether Team USA isn't getting too old for this. The older veterans were on the bench late in the second half when USA started sticking it to UConn. Wonder whether some older players are just not going to make the team this year....

But exciting, exhilarating basketball from UConn in the first half!!! YEAHHHHH!!!!

Reaction Score
I liked it. I did not expect them to win. But I am satisfied that they just did not lay down and die. Great way for them to see excellence at work and something for them to aspire to. Really great for the basketball viewer and audience to see these fine people playing the sport.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This ought to give them confidence. Boxscore anywhere?
7A4AB35D-76CC-4096-B905-CA88C3869AA0.png

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I know I said it twice during the chat, but I honestly couldn't be prouder of this team. Undersized, undertalented and out gunned, but never out hearted. Meg played like a true #1 pick for some lucky Association team. Ania looked like a future AA and was completely unintimidated. CD make terrific decisions although she had to work hard to get her passes inside and had to go against real length on her dribble drives. Liv took a whuppin' inside and got schooled any number of times, but she battled hard, and her presence was intimidating for anyone going to the hoop...and she hit 4 consecutive FT's and a jump shot. This is a FF team y'all.

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Very enjoyable, entertaining game.

I didn't expect UConn to win. However, the team competed hard and played the pros even for a long while. They were able to adapt to what Team USA did in the 1st quarter and outscore them.

Meg, Anna, Crystal and Liv played well.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I think what happened in the 4th Quarter besides Team USA flipping the Switch is some UConn players saw an Opportunity to win the Game. A couple of players tried to do too much and didn't let the Offense Flow. Then when UConn missed or had a Turn over, Team USA went down the court and scored a basket. All of a sudden a one possession game was a 4 or 5 possession game.

Reaction Score
Makurat has awakened offensively, but with her 3 turnovers tonight, it makes 14 turnovers for her in the past three games alone. She needs to play more under control when she's not shooting herself.

But surprised and heartened that ONO did not get taken to the cleaners. Yes, they scored big underneath, but at least she didn't give in to fouling.

Reaction Score
Wonderful game to watch and the team competed and played well. I’m proud of the way they played and tried to execute against an obvious better team. I will say Anna Amd Meg looked great. Crystal, CW and ONO, and Aubrey all contributed nicely. It seemed to me that UConn ran out of gas a little at the end and there were some big shots by Team Usa. But watching the team tonight I feel good about this team if they can hit some outside shots.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Makurat has awakened offensively, but with her 3 turnovers tonight, it makes 14 turnovers for her in the past three games alone. She needs to play more under control when she's not shooting herself.

But surprised and heartened that ONO did not get taken to the cleaners. Yes, they scored big underneath, but at least she didn't give in to fouling.
:rolleyes: Ania is a freshman playing against WNBA pros. She acquitted herself pretty damn well.

Geez, some UConn fans have ridiculous expectations

Reaction Score

Always me positive

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom