URI Transfer: Tyrese Martin | Page 4 | The Boneyard

URI Transfer: Tyrese Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
It's beginning to look as if SHU is our primary recruiting rival. Sanogo, now Martin.
Hopefully this recruiting rivalry translates on the court.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I can’t answer for him, but it seems to be a recurring theme. He’s not the only one...

It’s a recurring theme because they’re bitter about one of their top players ditching them for a better school. Again, you should’ve seen what URI fans were saying about Hurley’s character when he jumped ship there.

Reaction Score
How did you come to this opinion?
I did some investigatory research and here's a thread from a URI fan page.

Some thoughts from this thread about Martin transferring:

" I also called Him out for being too cool for school, not caring, showing no emotion. Good riddance, honestly I wouldn’t care if he plays 10 minutes a game at his new school. Was never really a fan of the kid."

"I can honestly say that I'm not too bothered by this one."

However, most of the tenor of the board has more to do with being pissed about Cox, URI, et al than Martin himself.

This totally makes sense with the number of quality players that have transferred out of URI over the last three offseasons.

Just based on this thread, URI fans are frustrated and there seems to be something below the surface at URI and it's hard to know who to put the blame on.

Some positive thoughts about Martin from this thread:

"Martin was huge on the boards for us this year and also looked really good breaking the press. It is troubling that our coaching staff is not even retaining the guys that they are trying to build around."

Reaction Score
I did some investigatory research and here's a thread from a URI fan page.

Some thoughts from this thread about Martin transferring:

" I also called Him out for being too cool for school, not caring, showing no emotion. Good riddance, honestly I wouldn’t care if he plays 10 minutes a game at his new school. Was never really a fan of the kid."

"I can honestly say that I'm not too bothered by this one."

However, most of the tenor of the board has more to do with being pissed about Cox, URI, et al than Martin himself.

This totally makes sense with the number of quality players that have transferred out of URI over the last three offseasons.

Just based on this thread, URI fans are frustrated and there seems to be something below the surface at URI and it's hard to know who to put the blame on.

Some positive thoughts about Martin from this thread:

"Martin was huge on the boards for us this year and also looked really good breaking the press. It is troubling that our coaching staff is not even retaining the guys that they are trying to build around."
They seem happy. I have a couple friends who are big URI fans. They think he is a very good player but wanted to play a bigger role in the offense. Seems like an excuse to leave if you ask me.

Another thing... Cox has said before that he is always recruiting his own guys to stay every year. It's tough to keep kids committed to the A10. I don't think URI fans realize it's hard for him to convince guys to stay when he isn't near them everyday during this epidemic.

Reaction Score
I'm just a fan but.. From what I have seen - this kid is pretty good. His video on YT reminds me a little of Jackson. I bet you this young man sits higher on DH's list than we may realize. . I really like what I have seen watching his videos. I don't know his numbers or anything... but he is worth a watch. This kid reminds me of Jackson when you watch Him. He's pretty talented and looks to have nice potential and some intangibles. I like his court awareness and a few of the assists I've seen. If TM wants to be husky - I b et it happens. Always trust the staff... they know what they're doing.

Reaction Score
Stats vs p5/top 70 kenpom opponents

0.5 ast
1.6 to
2.9 pf
0.8 stl
0.3 blk
40% fg
30% 3fg (4 attempts)
59% ft (3 attempts)
33 minutes

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Exactly. It is pretty clear Hurley wants this kid. I think he knows better than a URI message board.
I’ve followed URI for the past few years. This kids got game. He was stuck in a stagnant/weave to iso offense which we have seen some of our talent struggle with in the past too.

He’d fit in nice. He did seem to a little disinterested at times this year but I’m not gunna worry about that if he chooses us with Hurley running the show.

Reaction Score
It’s a recurring theme because they’re bitter about one of their top players ditching them for a better school. Again, you should’ve seen what URI fans were saying about Hurley’s character when he jumped ship there.

I can tell you that's not why my friend is saying we don't want him. My friend is a URI alum and fan but is a UConn fan above all. Says he's watched him play every game in a URI uniform and we absolutely do not want him. Again, not my personal analysis but it's coming from someone who is very familiar with his game.

Reaction Score
I watched 5-7 URI games this year (one kid we mentored was at URI this year plus I really like Fatts/Dowtin backcourt) and don't remember anything about him. I can tell you how amazing Fatts Russell is, Dowtin and Langevine are really solid and Jermaine Harris was a non-factor. This guy never popped on any games I watched.

I worked in college hoops for a short time and almost went into scouting for the Mets (worked in the front office shortly) eons ago before I realized how little they get paid and how much they work and I was pretty entitled as a young dude. (Not bragging, just saying I look at things more from a scouting standpoint).

I think I'd try on Nolley and Sanogo and maybe the Vaughn kid first. If we have to grab a sit one kid it has to be a star. I don't think this kid is a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom