Up to #5 on KenPom | The Boneyard

Up to #5 on KenPom

Reaction Score
GIF by Chicago Bulls

pj

Reaction Score
How would we not be on the 4 line minimum after this game? I know we gotta keep winning, but it seems absurd that our resume doesn’t have us there at this point.

It has us there, but we have to keep winning to stay there.

Tennessee for example has lost 5 of their last 7. Virginia just lost by 15 to BC. Xavier has lost 3 of their last 4. You can lose seeding lines in a few weeks.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Every metric the selection committee uses has them as a top ten team not top 16. Now even the eye test has to be on our side. If Duke or a Big Ten had these metrics they would be on the three seed line.

Reaction Score
It has us there, but we have to keep winning to stay there.

Tennessee for example has lost 5 of their last 7. Virginia just lost by 15 to BC. Xavier has lost 3 of their last 4. You can lose seeding lines in a few weeks.
Indiana, who was the team most questioned, lost to Michigan State last night, and has to travel to Purdue Saturday night.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
we really need to win out. our conference record has to be the only thing keeping us off the 4 line. finishing 13-7 coupled with the advanced metrics makes us look much, much better.
SOS at 133 doesn't help us but we need to go 3-0 the rest of the way to get a chance at a top-3 seed.

pj

Reaction Score
Indiana, who was the team most questioned, lost to Michigan State last night, and has to travel to Purdue Saturday night.

Yes, and they're not a lock against Iowa and Michigan to finish the season. They could end up 10-10 in the Big Ten. I'll be shocked if they end up seeded ahead of UConn.

Reaction Score
Say what you want. I get a win is a win and a loss is a loss but we have not been handled like that on the road this year like we just handled PC(and Marquette for that matter). We have not been blown out bad this year. I remember good teams from the 90's getting hammered in some big games. Mayhe something, maybe nothing....

Reaction Score
Say what you want. I get a win is a win and a loss is a loss but we have not been handled like that on the road this year like we just handled PC(and Marquette for that matter). We have not been blown out bad this year. I remember good teams from the 90's getting hammered in some big games. Mayhe something, maybe nothing....
This team will be a tough out. SJU and SHU losses notwithstanding

Reaction Score
I think we had a couple tough ones (we played the top 4 teams in the BE 4 games in a row, 3 on the road), got exposed on some of our sets, Jackson had to adjust to some defensive looks/machups, and then we let it get to our head a bit in the John's/Hall games. The easier part of the schedule let us get some confidence and figure some schematic stuff out, and we're back baby.

Reaction Score
SOS at 133 doesn't help us but we need to go 3-0 the rest of the way to get a chance at a top-3 seed.
What SOS number is that? Is that for rest-of-season games? Our season SOS is 30s to low 40s, which is perfectly respectable.

Reaction Score
We house people and don't get housed. People here are right. Close games are our cryptonite. What they are wrong about is it's not just the coaches fault. It's a shared blame. It always is. College kids are like the stock market. We don't have a genius or wizard or even a Calhoun as our coach. We do have someone that cares and is invested and not checked out. Let's try and get behind him and the team. It's that time of year. Time to unite and let our freak flag fly. Tonight was satisfying. I want more of it.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
What SOS number is that? Is that for rest-of-season games? Our season SOS is 30s to low 40s, which is perfectly respectable.
It was on FOX's graphic regarding our resume.

Reaction Score
We house people and don't get housed. People here are right. Close games are our cryptonite. What they are wrong about is it's not just the coaches fault. It's a shared blame. It always is. College kids are like the stock market. We don't have a genius or wizard or even a Calhoun as our coach. We do have someone that cares and is invested and not checked out. Let's try and get behind him and the team. It's that time of year. Time to unite and let our freak flag fly. Tonight was satisfying. I want more of it.
There might be some fair criticisms about Hurley’s performance in close games over the years, along with a KenPom luck factor so low it might not be luck, but we’d better give him credit for his team absolutely pounding multiple quality opponents this season. I didn’t anticipate blowout wins over so many tournament teams this year. He’s doing something right.

Reaction Score
Damn 133. I guess those cupcakes in the beginning are an anchor bringing down SOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom