UNC Post Game Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UNC Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Met Luke, he doesn’t feel like a collegiate head coach, could definitely see NBA like you said

He hasn't coached a millisecond in the league. He's college through and through. Guys who want to coach in the league don't work their way up through college ranks any more

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
My only criticism of the offense is that I feel like it takes us a bit too long to actually get into our sets. That should improve as the season goes on and the movement gets more instinctive for everyone.

Last year we had a ton of wrinkles designed to get Hawkins open looks that aren't there this year. The simplified sets should be easier to nail down.
I think the sets are more complex than last year as we have more shooters

Reaction Score
I think the sets are more complex than last year as we have more shooters

Do we? Last year we had Hawkins and Calcaterra, Karaban, Newton, and Alleyne -- all guys with either reputations as shooters or who turned out to be good shooters. Sanogo could step out and make one as well.

This year I see a lot more sets starting with a high ball screen designed to get Clingan or Johnson diving to the rim.

Reaction Score
That's the point, we have a lot of colors so it's never going to stand out against a crowd where everyone is in one color like Carolina blue
There's that but HuskyHawk is right, there's a lot of people who wear whatever to our games without even a thought as to our colors. You'll see people with random brown, rust color, grey, green, black...

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
What metric gauges quality of shots taken? I’d be interested to see those numbers. I Felt like we were getting open high % looks all night, just not consistently converting, while they were taking difficult contested shots.

Reaction Score
Productive minutes for Diarra in hos homecoming. He's just too erratic for press breaking
Seems like so many of his turnovers are from trying to make a big play right after he does a nice job doing the little things. The more he keeps making the easy play, the more and more I love seeing him out there

Reaction Score
My only real negative takeaway is 7'3" DC needs to get more than 4 or 5 rebounds a game. He should not get outrebounded by our guards and small forward every game. With that said, we're winning despite of this so it's a real small criticism. We'll only be more dominant once he rebounds better.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
There's that but HuskyHawk is right, there's a lot of people who wear whatever to our games without even a thought as to our colors. You'll see people with random brown, rust color, grey, green, black...

Our experiences must be different because I don't see many people at UConn games wearing plain green sweatshirts.

Our colors don't pop..it's simple as that.

Reaction Score
I was at the Garden last night. What a blast! I’d say 60% UConn fans. Unfortunately got stuck in a mostly UNC section near their bench. We played very well, nothing else to add that hasn’t been said. Their bench did not have the same energy as ours and it showed. We kept dashing any hope they had to win.

Reaction Score
Dan again refuses to win a close game smh

It's mind boggling that we haven't won a close game since February of 2022 and in between that we won a Natty. NUTS!

Reaction Score
My only real negative takeaway is 7'3" DC needs to get more than 4 or 5 rebounds a game. He should not get outrebounded by our guards and small forward every game. With that said, we're winning despite of this so it's a real small criticism. We'll only be more dominant once he rebounds better.
As long as he's getting outrebounded by our guards and not the other teams players I have no complaints. We're #9 in the country at getting offensive rebounds, and #8 in the country at not allowing our opponents to get offensive rebounds, so whatever we're doing is working

Reaction Score
Lay off DC. He knows he is not doing well. His is not 100% yet but he will get better. His FTs will get better too!!!

Reaction Score
Was a great night.. Somehow got hooked up with great seats.. Basically sat next to the bench. Caught Samson Johnson's insane block and ended up in the locker room after the game. Oh and gave Emeka a huge bear hug when he cruised by. (not pictured)

Attachments

• IMG_4319.jpg
    IMG_4319.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_4321.jpg
    IMG_4321.jpg
    703.9 KB · Views: 156

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
A few thoughts
25+ minutes of Castle gonna be a problem. He does so much good basketball stuff
If DC shoots free throws early in the game he should step two inches back on his first free throw. He seems to consistently back rim his first free throw when he is fresh.
We are much better than UNC. Glad we caught them when they were ranked ninth.
Lots of minutes for the freshman vs MVSU please.
We look good so far. I have last years giving 8 points to this years team at this point in the season but I expect that to narrow when we get to full strength.

Reaction Score
A really fun game to watch.

Love Solo Ball. I'm really seeing this team come together.

For practice, let's get Samson and Donovan more ready to catch lobs and alley-oops
Yes the alley-oops were awful ! Definitely need to practice them.

Reaction Score
25+ minutes of Castle gonna be a problem. He does so much good basketball stuff

He has a real eye for rebounds, gets into the lane at will and seems to know where every defender is. Draws fouls, makes the right pass. As soon as his shooting catches up to the rest of his skills, he's an NBA starter.

Reaction Score
Our experiences must be different because I don't see many people at UConn games wearing plain green sweatshirts.

Our colors don't pop..it's simple as that.
The point is there's plenty of UConn fans at our games who don't wear our colors, they wear whatever they want to wear. There were multiple UConn fans I could see on the TV broadcast wearing green last night, one of them was in the first row or two wearing green Whalers gear.

Reaction Score
He hasn't coached a millisecond in the league. He's college through and through. Guys who want to coach in the league don't work their way up through college ranks any more
Ok, thanks.

Reaction Score
Beyond that, college hoops is "older" this year with the last of the free covid year kids cycling through. Any freshman who is not a superstar is at a disadvantage.
Very, very true. Diarra, Spencer and Newton are all 23/24 and 4-5 years older than the freshman. That makes a BIG difference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom