UNC Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UNC Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Outnumbered at the Garden by about 2:1 by the Carolina contingent...

But that didn't stop our Huskies bringing us a huge W. My third UConn game at the Garden this year and this one is by far the most entertaining. A real exciting battle. Crowd was into it

LETS GOOOO HUSKIES!!!!!

--->
(1) Lob dunk training for the rest of the week for the team
(2) Clingan needs to shoot 1k free throws
(3) Alex needs to warm up sooner with them 3s

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Outnumbered at the Garden by about 2:1 by the Carolina contingent...

But that didn't stop our Huskies bringing us a huge W. My third UConn game at the Garden this year and this one is by far the most entertaining. A real exciting battle. Crowd was into it

LETS GOOOO HUSKIES!!!!!
2:1 is a bit of a stretch. Carolina blue sticks out a bit more but we had numbers too. And I was stuck in a Carolina section.

Reaction Score
DC looks like a newborn colt out there sometimes. Really needs to be able to finish in traffic, preferably with a 2-handed dunk.
Wonder if he is still growing, any idea his actual height?

Reaction Score
I remember Rutgers' fans trying to claim that Cam wouldn't move the needle against real competition and would pad his stats against cupcakes. Bozos.
oh those bitter ass Rutgers fans.

Reaction Score
GAo1xoBXsAAjtqY.jpeg

Reaction Score
Wow, what an intense game and win against a very good NC team. The crowd added to the intensity and post season feel to the game.
Good to see there was no let down after last game. Positives and contributions all around by a number of players. The were fired up throughout.

And a Bill Murray sighting to boot
We’ve played 2 teams from the previous national championship games and Gonzaga makes it 3. Very possible we 4 are in the dance on the big stage.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah it surprised me he was only 3-9 on 3 pt shots. I thought he did better.
it didn’t feel like he was 3-9 to me either. But I was a couple drinks in at a bar so I could’ve missed a few misses.
I think 2nd half of the season he will be a DOG. He is already showing signs. Just needs to get confidence. Like I said in the another post it is nice to see him drive and not just settle for 3s to start the game.
Definitely feel like this was the biggest difference for Solo in this game… shooting a three feels a lot different when you’re 2-2 with 4 points already and got to see the ball go in. He can be a beast by March if he keeps stacking on these games.

Have to say too, that pull up midrange early in the shot clock looked so natural. There’s not going to be many people who can stop that if he’s allowed to do that consistently.

Hope to see him build on those good habits in the next game.

Reaction Score
From a basketball obsessed outsider friend, "I think UConn may be better than last year. Smoother offensively, more depth, better discipline."

From another non UConn friend at the game, "UConn=really good. Pass, shoot, dribble, guard= 4 basic food groups."

He said it was 70% UConn fans all night and they were super strong during the game.
It was 50/50....MAYYYYBE a slight edge to UConn, but definitely not more than that.

Reaction Score
2:1 is a bit of a stretch. Carolina blue sticks out a bit more but we had numbers too. And I was stuck in a Carolina section.
I was in a mostly UNC section too. But I think @ecasadoSBU is right. They were all over MSG. But they were bizarrely well-behaved. Big metro area alumni base, and they still showed southern manners. A few weak UNC cheers the entire night. We owned the decibel level, despite being outnumbered.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
All I want against APB is a comfortable win where our kids get extended PT because everyone who is even slightly injured plays less than 20 minutes.

Rest DC. Rest Karaban. Rest Spencer. Get Stephon as many minutes as he can handle.

Reaction Score
Nice to get that UNC monkey off their back. Before last night 1-4 all-time with the one win (86-54 in 2002) coming in a down year for UNC (8-20) so to beat a legit UNC team feels great, now I want Kansas next year!

I’m over in Europe for work and these 3:00am games on a work night are brutal. Winning makes the lack of sleep more tolerable.
Don't I know! Last year was rough! Fell asleep way too many times!

Reaction Score
it didn’t feel like he was 3-9 to me either. But I was a couple drinks in at a bar so I could’ve missed a few misses.

Definitely feel like this was the biggest difference for Solo in this game… shooting a three feels a lot different when you’re 2-2 with 4 points already and got to see the ball go in. He can be a beast by March if he keeps stacking on these games.

Have to say too, that pull up midrange early in the shot clock looked so natural. There’s not going to be many people who can stop that if he’s allowed to do that consistently.

Hope to see him build on those good habits in the next game.
Yeah he has too much athletic talent to just be 3 point shooter. It was nice to see him open up his game. I really haven't seen this much besides maybe the 2nd game of the season where he was very aggressive looking for offense in various ways.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There is no way UNC fans were 50/50 with UConn. It didn’t sound or look that way at all.
Had to miss this one (unfortunately unable to attend everything) but the ESPN crew mentioned a number of times that it was 67% UConn fans. That may have been a bit of an exaggeration but it sounded accurate when the fans got loud.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Said it last year and will say it again - for me, perhaps the most impressive part of DH's last couple years has been his ability to find the right parts in the portal to fit what he's looking for. Seems he just doesn't miss. Newton, Cam, Joey C, Hass, even Alleyne. Can't think of another top coach who's found hidden gems in the portal as well as DH.
I think some credit has to handed out to the entire coaching staff

Reaction Score
I hate ESPN. Promoting the ‘never beat a ranked UNC’ message. F them
Has UNC ever played UConn north of the Mason Dixon line and not in their own backyard? Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom