UNC Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UNC Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
The defense and rebounding are amazing. If we complete the holy trinity of free throws. We can’t be stopped.
-Clingan looks so clumsy this year. I really think the foot is taking a lot out of him rn , Beast on D tho still.
-Samson just as effective on D is the most promising takeaway , means we will always have an effective defensive unit out there.
-backcourt depth feels luxurious rn
-only heath stops this team

Reaction Score
And we screwed up at least three lobs
Yeah I'm never sure if they rule those as shot attempts or turnovers, but I think we 4 turnovers on lobs and then missed 2-3 dunks off lobs. The lob by far our worst play of the night.

Reaction Score
FT are a major issue. It can make or break you in March
Disagree. Spence is like 90% and we know Tristan and Alex will shoot a high % as well. The only player we need to worry a little about at the free throw line is Clingan. Hopefully he can get his % closer to 60% . Nice to see DC convert both free throws late in a 1 and 1 situation

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Buckle up here we go. Ball has arrived. Castle is a difference maker because of defense and just overall presence. Spencer just not sure how to express how good he is at understanding how to play. Tristan is one of the best guards in the country. I hope we see a healthy Clingan even 70% he is also a difference maker. But we also have Johnson. He is an nba athlete. Combined they did a great job on Bacot. And I and still have not mentioned AK. Shooters shoot….the misses can hurt but I have no issue with the shots. There was one today that maybe was not needed but he had a great game. And DH is a master architect. He is weaving these pieces together. I wonder if we can go nine deep. I know we will see a lot of the other freshman on Friday and hopefully one of the wings breakthrough with a big night to help their confidence. Not a news flash for the BY, but we are really good again. And just going to say it here we go with the refs again. Bacot almost took Karabans arm off on the little driving hook shot he had toward the end of the game. That was an and one. We clearly have learned how to play through that bs. It just sharpens steel.
I was thinking the exact same thing. We have a really strong eight even with so many banged up. Great to see Ball have a great night in the Big Apple under the lights. One (or more) guys off that bench would really put some finishing touches on this team. Announcers kept saying how they just played more tough than UNC. That is getting to be a familiar refrain. Great win especially at crunch time.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
How much do you despise Cam Spencer if he’s playing against your team!
When he was at Rutgers, did he have a thing v. North Carolina?

Reaction Score
FT are a major issue. It can make or break you in March
I wouldn't worry about that, Cam and Newton are as good as it gets at the line and they'll have the ball a majority of the time. Karaban is also excellent at the line. If hack a Clingan becomes a thing we're deep and we can sit him if he's missing them.

Reaction Score
Castle is damn impressive, even with restricted minutes, trying to knock the rust off. Gonna be fun watching him
Would like to see him and the rest of the freshmen play most of the second half against ArkPb on Saturday. Get that rust off and more experience while resting Clingan and Spencer as much as possible. Clingan is clearly not 100% and needs work his way back. He has time but he has to be better than hes been. Hes to good to be outplayed like he has been the last two games.

Reaction Score
Rooting for Nebraska who is terrible every year it feels like, it’s insane the level UConn is at right now.

So good to the point that they beat a top 10 team at a neutral site and you’re like “eh they didn’t play great tonight”

Reaction Score
Lots of positives with Ball’s performance- dude plays good D too as he’s quick. I’m hoping Stewart snd Ross see him succeeding and think”just a little more effort and I’ll get my chance to shine.”

Reaction Score
Agree w everything except the refs. They were flat out AWFUL. And I never complain about refs. For a 10 minutes stretch it was comical.

No doubter here, agree. Bacot threw SJ off the block on that follow-up off the missed FT. They missed so many others it’s hard to point them all out.

I mean they never had anyone in foul trouble and half our team was. To think we’re kicking their butts and with 30 seconds left we’re still in the 1-1 lol.

And we won by 11:eek:

Reaction Score
Roumoglou has switched to the senior year Giffey hairstyle. That alone should earn him time against Arkansas PB

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Castle is damn impressive, even with restricted minutes, trying to knock the rust off. Gonna be fun watching him
He’s a terror on defense.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry about that, Cam and Newton are as good as it gets at the line and they'll have the ball a majority of the time. Karaban is also excellent at the line. If hack a Clingan becomes a thing we're deep and we can sit him if he's missing them.

Nobody’s release or form looks ugly. I think they’ll start falling.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
How much do you despise Cam Spencer if he’s playing against your team!
Yeah…I think our opponents fans are gonna have a rough year with that. Here’s an example from one of the Carolina boards.

IMG_2594.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Clingan really closed the game well. Clearly dinged up and fighting through it.

I do not want to see him on the floor against APB on Saturday. Keep easing Castle in.

Lets go!
Agreed. I would love to see some decent minutes for Singare, see how far along he is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom