Umass greaseball coach takes shot at Uconn | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Umass greaseball coach takes shot at Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A fanbase is a fanbase. They do draw for basketball, but not for football.

Yes. A fanbase of 10,000 is a fanbase. You win. They showed up for every home game. How dedicated.

Reaction Score
Memphis deserves to be slammed hard and often. You're a Memphis defender, that's almost as bad as apologizing for Pasqualoni.

Yes, I'm bad for defending a good basketball team and pointing out inaccurate facts. That's bad. Let's go with wrong facts next time and make fun of schools that are 20-3 and have finished ranked a few times in the last 5 years. Instead, let's talk about the awesome fanbase at (insert irrelevant Catholic school) and how they tried oh so hard but didn't quite finished ranked at any time in the last 5 years.

Reaction Score
If you present a fact, it will be your first.

I see the problem now. You don't know the difference between facts and crazy thing you make up. When I linked to a website showing attendance averaged 13,XXX, you simply had no clue what you were looking at because you never learned the difference between facts and things that just pop into your head, like "10,000 fans!"

Reaction Score
I see the problem now. You don't know the difference between facts and crazy thing you make up. When I linked to a website showing attendance averaged 13,XXX, you simply had no clue what you were looking at because you never learned the difference between facts and things that just pop into your head, like "10,000 fans!"

Actually attendance was 67,181 for six games. That is an average attendance of 11,197 per game not 13,xxx. Sorry to add some correct numbers. The high was 21,293 for UT Martin with a low of 5034 for Rice.

Relative to the Liberty Bowl Game - The AutoZone Liberty Bowl this year features Tulsa and Iowa State. Last year's game between Cincinnati and Vanderbilt drew a crowd of 31,578. Just over 51%.

http://www.memphisflyer.com/CityBea...4/actual-tiger-2012-football-attendance-67181

Reaction Score
You guys are screwballs. Check the Boxscore.

Tennessee - Martin played Memphis is the Liberty Bowl - 39,076 attended. The game had a 2 hour and 40 minute weather delay because of an awful thunderstorm. The Memphis paper reported that over 30,000 waited it out under cover & watched the conclusion.

I simply don't know why you made up the 67,000 total attendance. But ... I guess it's all OK if it proves your point.

Reaction Score
You guys are killing me. LOL. Too funny. Zoo and UP - two of my favorite guys on here. And Pudge, no idea what you're talkin about. ;) Nothing new there, tho.....

Reaction Score
You guys are killing me. LOL. Too funny. Zoo and UP - two of my favorite guys on here. And Pudge, no idea what you're talkin about. ;) Nothing new there, tho.....

Everyone has an agenda.

The article linked is from the free ALTERNATIVE Memphis paper. Needless to say, they seem to HATE the city spending money on the Stadium. So ... Lying about attendance - in face of some clearly believable anecdotal comments below - fits their Agenda. Then everyone with a Anti-Memphis agenda hops on.

All I know is we had football offices in trailers ...

Reaction Score
Actually attendance was 67,181 for six games. That is an average attendance of 11,197 per game not 13,xxx. Sorry to add some correct numbers. The high was 21,293 for UT Martin with a low of 5034 for Rice.

Relative to the Liberty Bowl Game - The AutoZone Liberty Bowl this year features Tulsa and Iowa State. Last year's game between Cincinnati and Vanderbilt drew a crowd of 31,578. Just over 51%.

http://www.memphisflyer.com/CityBea...4/actual-tiger-2012-football-attendance-67181

Holy cow. We are discussing this very article that is refuted by the posters below it and is proven wrong. Are you slow on the take today or is this just natural?

Reaction Score
You guys are screwballs. Check the Boxscore.

Tennessee - Martin played Memphis is the Liberty Bowl - 39,076 attended. The game had a 2 hour and 40 minute weather delay because of an awful thunderstorm. The Memphis paper reported that over 30,000 waited it out under cover & watched the conclusion.

I simply don't know why you made up the 67,000 total attendance. But ... I guess it's all OK if it proves your point.

Apparently, the author of the article being linked to is not so happy that $12 million in taxpayer dollars may be used in renovations, so the author decided to undertake his exercise and was roundly refuted.

Reaction Score
Apparently, the author of the article being linked to is not so happy that $12 million in taxpayer dollars may be used in renovations, so the author decided to undertake his exercise and was roundly refuted.

Read the Memphis Commercial Appeal's game article of that Tennessee-Martin game. I would assume that the local paper WANTS the Memphis Football to do well; but, has an integrity issue. They state that, despite a fierce thunderstorm that delayed the game for 2 hours and 40 minutes, 30,000 people hung around.

WE ... at UCONN ... are a Program that came from nowhere. We should, except for some inept ADs, be regularly at 40,000. In 2003, Cincinnati & Rutgers were a mess (frankly). I saw Rutgers drew just over 18,000 for a Syracuse game. Temple? So ... I guess we shall see if a new Stadium or glitzy upgrades improve any of the newbies (SMU (new Ford Stadium); Houston (new Stadium for 2014); Tulane (new Stadium); Memphis (big upgrades); UCF (new stadium a few years ago).) I appreciate all this effort. It's funny being around UConn folks looking down their noses.

Reaction Score
Well, Pudge. Just because a school builds a bunch of upgrades doesn't mean that success will appear.

That's the cargo cult mentality that SDHusky mentioned. People in Memphis complain that the city is wasting money on Memphis football, because they may not even be the second most popular college football team in the city.

The fact remains, that the summattendance of two home games at the Rent will outnumber an entire season of Memphis home games.

I don't even want to see Tulane's figures.

Reaction Score
Well, Pudge. Just because a school builds a bunch of upgrades doesn't mean that success will appear.

That's the cargo cult mentality that SDHusky mentioned. People in Memphis complain that the city is wasting money on Memphis football, because they may not even be the second most popular college football team in the city.

The fact remains, that the summattendance of two home games at the Rent will outnumber an entire season of Memphis home games.

That's not a fact at all. It's something totally made up.

Reaction Score

Is it just me ...

I believe its unseemly to piss all over these other schools. It's like you guys are all in the elite Prep school and don't want to hang out with the kids who take the bus to public school.

Reaction Score
Is it just me ...

I believe its unseemly to piss all over these other schools. It's like you guys are all in the elite Prep school and don't want to hang out with the kids who take the bus to public school.

I don't want to hang out with Memphis. If you took a real legitimate look at that school, you wouldn't either. We should not be involved in a league with that place.

Reaction Score
That's not a fact at all. It's something totally made up.

Made up is you posting a picture of last year's Liberty Bowl and passing it off as a Memphis home game.

Even if we credit Memphis with 20k additional fans at one game, then so what? 2 and 1/2 of our home games even with our languishing attendance would outnumber their attendance for the entire season.

Reaction Score
Made up is you posting a picture of last year's Liberty Bowl and passing it off as a Memphis home game.

Even if we credit Memphis with 20k additional fans at one game, then so what? 2 and 1/2 of our home games even with our languishing attendance would outnumber their attendance for the entire season.

You're just making things up now.

1. I never did what you said I did.
2. Pudge gave you the real facts for football just as I gave you the real facts for basketball.
3. Even after you got the real stats for football, you continued to make things up about basketball attendance
4. You still stick with a source that has been discredited by Pudge and multiple posters on that site. The Ken Krayeske of Memphis.

Reaction Score
There are no Ken Krayeskes in Memphis. But there are a steamboats full of Tennessee and Ole Miss fans.

You haven't posted any facts, you posted links other comments below a newspaper article. Please.

You're just making things up now.

1. I never did what you said I did.
2. Pudge gave you the real facts for football just as I gave you the real facts for basketball.
3. Even after you got the real stats for football, you continued to make things up about basketball attendance
4. You still stick with a source that has been discredited by Pudge and multiple posters on that site. The Ken Krayeske of Memphis.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
And a UMass Greaseball has to do with Memphis, how? If you're talking about Calipari, that's fine, but he had two stops between the two schools, doesn't coach at either one anymore, and is a basketball (not football) coach.

Reaction Score
There are no Ken Krayeskes in Memphis. But there are a steamboats full of Tennessee and Ole Miss fans.

You haven't posted any facts, you posted links other comments below a newspaper article. Please.

I posted a link to Memphis's bball attendance with FACTS about their averages. I'm not surprised you couldn't see the FACTS staring you right in the face.

Pudge posted the FACTS about Memphis football, which you again will not acknowledge.

Reaction Score
I posted a link to Memphis's bball attendance with FACTS about their averages. I'm not surprised you couldn't see the FACTS staring you right in the face.

Pudge posted the FACTS about Memphis football, which you again will not acknowledge.

I never said they didn't have a good basketball program.

But we're clearly discussing football here.

For the last time. Memphis is Tulane, with a basketball team and no academics. Refute that.

Reaction Score
Everyone has an agenda.

The article linked is from the free ALTERNATIVE Memphis paper. Needless to say, they seem to HATE the city spending money on the Stadium. So ... Lying about attendance - in face of some clearly believable anecdotal comments below - fits their Agenda. Then everyone with a Anti-Memphis agenda hops on.

All I know is we had football offices in trailers ...

So true. All I know is, we got a nice head start from the big east, got some momentum, and then everyone left the party while we were still sleeping. Now we have to wake up, spend the money, act like nothing happened, and just play ball. Susan is doing great work, turning this thing around, making the school and the program highly respected, and good things will follow. Everyone can stop fretting about Memphis and Tulane and all the rest. Time for us to get to work and stop coasting and start moving like we have a purpose. Storrs needs a shake up and a make over, and they're doing it along with Malloy. I think they've finally wakened up in Storrs. About time.

Reaction Score
So true. All I know is, we got a nice head start from the big east, got some momentum, and then everyone left the party while we were still sleeping. Now we have to wake up, spend the money, act like nothing happened, and just play ball. Susan is doing great work, turning this thing around, making the school and the program highly respected, and good things will follow. Everyone can stop fretting about Memphis and Tulane and all the rest. Time for us to get to work and stop coasting and start moving like we have a purpose. Storrs needs a shake up and a make over, and they're doing it along with Malloy. I think they've finally wakened up in Storrs. About time.

Gary ... as you know ... you are one of the few Boneyard posters that I would care to hear their opinion.

It's NOT an awful conference. It's NOT. I would like one more Damn Good Hoop team - take some of that Exit money & bring in VCU. (then you have 5 solid Programs ... and please don't tell me Temple isn't a good hoop Program under Dunphy) It is a conference of wannabees. And, while many here at the Ol' Boneyard are pining for that ACC/B1G invite, I don't think that is a prudent use of my energy. Herbst - I trust. She is more dynamic than the last 4 ... and we did all right with them. (Warde ... jury's out) If Tulane sucks ... they suck; but, they have a better spot & opportunity now. Houston/UCF/Memphis too. I just don't see crapping on them for 6 months.

Reaction Score
I never said they didn't have a good basketball program.

But we're clearly discussing football here.

For the last time. Memphis is Tulane, with a basketball team and no academics. Refute that.

I wasn't talking about their basketball program either. I was talking about their fanbase. It's poor in football, but not 10,000 a game poor as the article portrayed. And it's EXCELLENT in basketball. The point is, they DO have a fanbase. This has nothing to do with how well they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom