Umass greaseball coach takes shot at Uconn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Umass greaseball coach takes shot at Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Okay. When is Fred Smith going write that check? Memphis is a Ponzi scheme, wrapped into an Amway commercial between two Cash 4 Gold commercials.

memphis is lville 10 years younger in today college sports climate. dont get me wrong, i dont want anything to do with them. but they are not the overall issue nor significant part of it.

Reaction Score
memphis is lville 10 years younger in today college sports climate. dont get me wrong, i dont want anything to do with them. but they are not the overall issue nor significant part of it.

People said that about Memphis 10 years ago. Louisville actually has a fanbase.

Memphis is an interesting place. Everyone in that town is either a Tennessee, Arkansas, Ole Miss, or a Memphis fan. It might be the 4th most popular college team in its own city. Take a look at a map if you don't believe me...

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If given the choice between UMass and Tulsa, I choose UMass just because this will be an all-sports conference, we will be the biggest name in it, and if UConn needs a local school for scheduling purposes, we should get it. If you guys are afraid of competing with UMass and their jerry-rigged stadium situation we might as well just join the MAC.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

Memphis is an interesting place. Everyone in that town is either a Tennessee, Arkansas, Ole Miss, or a Memphis fan. It might be the 4th most popular college team in its own city. Take a look at a map if you don't believe me...

a map shows me where the city of memphis is, not how many fans of each college u listed live there.

yes i know sec schools fanbases load that city up.

Reaction Score
a map shows me where the city of memphis is, not how many fans of each college u listed live there.

yes i know sec schools fanbases load that city up.

Right so, Memphis isn't even the third most popular school in Tennessee. You don't need a map to understand that.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Right so, Memphis isn't even the third most popular school in Tennessee. You don't need a map to understand that.

same with lville 10 years ago

Reaction Score
same with lville 10 years ago

Not at all. Louisville has always had a decent fanbase. Ten years ago they were a good program. About 10 years before that Schnellenburger led them to a Fiesta Bowl.

This is too easy dude. Seriously, Memphis is a valueless skank. This is Tulane, only with a basketball team and terrible academics.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Not at all. Louisville has always had a decent fanbase. Ten years ago they were a good program. About 10 years before that Schnellenburger led them to a Fiesta Bowl.

This is too easy dude. Seriously, Memphis is a valueless skank. This is Tulane, only with a basketball team and terrible academics.

again im not saying i want to be with memphis or they should be in the sec, but they are atleast something potential vs other issues...

Reaction Score
again im not saying i want to be with memphis or they should be in the sec, but they are atleast something potential vs other issues...

This why brochures are so misleading. Even a strange puddle of brown goo has "potential".

Reaction Score

"Memphis Basketball Ranks Eighth In NCAA Division I Attendance In 2010-11
Tigers hoops finish in nation's top-10 in attendance for eighth time in last 11 years."

Reaction Score
Tigers hoops finish in nation's top-10 in attendance for eighth time in last 11 years."

Shh. We don't need no drinking facts!

Reaction Score
If given the choice between UMass and Tulsa, I choose UMass just because this will be an all-sports conference, we will be the biggest name in it, and if UConn needs a local school for scheduling purposes, we should get it. If you guys are afraid of competing with UMass and their jerry-rigged stadium situation we might as well just join the MAC.

The stadium situation, although not ideal, is something they had to do to make the move when they did. Unlike UConn, who got an attendance waiver to play at Memorial Stadium from 2000-2002, Umass did not have that option. McGuirk has the infrastructure to add seats, however, the priority was to do the upgrades required by the MAC as phase 1

Reaction Score

Not a good enough reason. Like I said, this is Tulane with bad academics and a basketball team.

Reaction Score
Not a good enough reason. Like I said, this is Tulane with bad academics and a basketball team.

Just countering the idea that they have no fans. Evidently, they do!!!!

Reaction Score
Just countering the idea that they have no fans. Evidently, they do!!!!

By the way, are you going to post a source of that quote? Those "Memphis Basketball Fans" wear Orange under their blue.

ECU has been filling their FOOTBALL stadium for decades and it took forever to add them, yet some fourth rung "school" like Memphis gets in because they hired Tranghese and to appease the Altar Boys (didn't work).

Our criteria was screwed up all along.

Reaction Score
Aren't you embarrassed by this last post? You're proven wrong. Just accept it.

Nothing has been proven.

I never said they didn't have a decent basketball program. But I am skeptical about anything that "proves" anything about Memphis "fans".

Reaction Score
Nothing has been proven.

I never said they didn't have a decent basketball program. But I am skeptical about anything that "proves" anything about Memphis "fans".

Comical.

Reaction Score
http://www.memphisflyer.com/CityBea...4/actual-tiger-2012-football-attendance-67181

The Liberty Bowl seats 61,000. They put 67,181 in the seats. For the season. That's under 12,000/game.

Their largest crowd was 21k+. Which was played against in-state "rival" UT-Martin.

Just wondering if you read the comments:
vu-crowd-liberty-bowl-550-2011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member