Umass greaseball coach takes shot at Uconn | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Umass greaseball coach takes shot at Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gary ... as you know ... you are one of the few Boneyard posters that I would care to hear their opinion.

It's NOT an awful conference. It's NOT. I would like one more Damn Good Hoop team - take some of that Exit money & bring in VCU. (then you have 5 solid Programs ... and please don't tell me Temple isn't a good hoop Program under Dunphy) It is a conference of wannabees. And, while many here at the Ol' Boneyard are pining for that ACC/B1G invite, I don't think that is a prudent use of my energy. Herbst - I trust. She is more dynamic than the last 4 ... and we did all right with them. (Warde ... jury's out) If Tulane sucks ... they suck; but, they have a better spot & opportunity now. Houston/UCF/Memphis too. I just don't see crapping on them for 6 months.

Seriously, if it weren't for Tulane, we'd have to swallow just one horrid bball team (East Carolina) and one horrid football team (Memphis) and everything would be kosher.

Instead we have a double whammy with Tulane.

Reaction Score
I think it is possible that Tulane can build themselves up. Certainly an option to much more expensive professional football and basketball in New Orleans.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I think it is possible that Tulane can build themselves up. Certainly an option to much more expensive professional football and basketball in New Orleans.

tulane has huge potential

for visiting teams fans

Reaction Score
I don't want to hang out with Memphis. If you took a real legitimate look at that school, you wouldn't either. We should not be involved in a league with that place.

But here we are. ESPN doesn't need any help ripping our conference.

Reaction Score
I didn't make the numbers up, I took them from an article that got them from the managers of the stadium. If you don't believe them that's your choice, but I didn't make them up.

What's ironic is that you still miss the point. Where is UT-Martin? Think that has anything to do with the fact it was the most attended game of the year Memphis played? That's a rhetorical question, I don't expect you guys to get the point so long as you're continuing to talk about a bowl game that Memphis didn't play in.

Reaction Score
I didn't make the numbers up, I took them from an article that got them from the managers of the stadium. If you don't believe them that's your choice, but I didn't make them up.

What's ironic is that you still miss the point. Where is UT-Martin? Think that has anything to do with the fact it was the most attended game of the year Memphis played? That's a rhetorical question, I don't expect you guys to get the point so long as you're continuing to talk about a bowl game that Memphis didn't play in.

I didn't say you did. I said the article writer did. Unless you're the article writer. Read the comments.

Reaction Score
I just joined the Boneyard and have mostly been reading the delusional posts on the Conference realignment board but then I headed over to this board and I see this appalling post. Greaseball? Really? If he was black would the title be UMass Coach takes shot...? UMass Coach Coon...? Would that be tolerated? 10 pages of posts and not one person on here thinks this is a little out of line?

And what exactly do you think Coach P's nationality is? I'll tell you what, I'm driving from Boston to New Canaan on Thursday night, I'll gladly stop in Storrs or wherever you want to meet and Vuce or anyone else who wants can call me a greaseball and I will beat the living crap out of you. Promise.

Greaseball.

Reaction Score
I just joined the Boneyard and have mostly been reading the delusional posts on the Conference realignment board but then I headed over to this board and I see this appalling post. Greaseball? Really? If he was black would the title be UMass Coach takes shot...? UMass Coach Coon...? Would that be tolerated? 10 pages of posts and not one person on here thinks this is a little out of line?

And what exactly do you think Coach P's nationality is? I'll tell you what, I'm driving from Boston to New Canaan on Thursday night, I'll gladly stop in Storrs or wherever you want to meet and Vuce or anyone else who wants can call me a greaseball and I will beat the living crap out of you. Promise.

Are you 6'5" 250 and do you live in Tampa?

Reaction Score
I didn't say you did. I said the article writer did. Unless you're the article writer. Read the comments.

Pudge did.

I read the comments. You place more weigh on anecdotal comments from anonymous posters than you do the numbers provided by the management company of the facility. Good call.

Reaction Score
Pudge did.

I read the comments. You place more weigh on anecdotal comments from anonymous posters than you do the numbers provided by the management company of the facility. Good call.

In fairness, the management company said there was 3o something thousand for the bowl game between Vandy & Cincy. Did that picture of the game look like a half full stadium? I think this is where Pudge & Upstater are coming from.

Reaction Score
You've been lurking that long and this is the first time you were offended by something?

We gotta do better.

Reaction Score
Two chicken- ters and counting

images

Reaction Score
In fairness, the management company said there was 3o something thousand for the bowl game between Vandy & Cincy. Did that picture of the game look like a half full stadium? I think this is where Pudge & Upstater are coming from.

Half full? No. But the other side of the stadium is hard to make out due to the fisheye lense. You can't make out seats vs. people on the opposite side, and there are areas of the stadium you can't see.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

u like male butt hole

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I gotta tell ya, I didn't even put 2 & 2 together because I don't know, nor care, what makes up Charlie Molnar ethnic background. (According to Wikipedia, Molnar is a Hungarian surname). I thought the comment was made because of the bulletin board material the man was spewing, not his heritage.

BTW without knowing 100%, I'll bet that Pasqualoni's ethnic background is at least part Italian, but his "nationality" is American. If you're going to berate anonymous posters for being insensitive, at least use the correct terms.

Perhaps the sensitivity issue does not lie with the ones posting...And I say this, being at least part Italian myself.

Reaction Score
Seriously, if it weren't for Tulane, we'd have to swallow just one horrid bball team (East Carolina) and one horrid football team (Memphis) and everything would be kosher.

Yeah, except if we stay in this conference for more than a couple of years, Memphis will be kicking our ass. I just don't think we'll be around that long.

Reaction Score
Pudge did.

I didn't put any weight on anecdotal comments. I put the weight on the photo. That is not a half filled stadium. There are per game photos available where the stadium is half-filled and you can clearly see the gray and blue seats between Vandy's fans who are dressed in white, black and mostly gold. As I look at the photo being referenced, it is packed with people and you can see a lot of yellow. No blue or gray seats.

You are really reaching here if you're going to contend that that is a half-filled stadium. It is not half-filled. You are on the Cincy side looking directly at the Vandy side.

Reaction Score
You guys have got to be kidding!!! SJGMoney posts his opinion about your thread and these are the responses?? HFD and J Serrano....how old are you guys?? You both sound like."I know you are but what am I?" Seriously? I joined this site a few days ago because after reading for about a month there are some very knowledgeable sports fans on here and I thought the interaction would be enlightening and entertaining. But I was wrong....a lot of it is juvenile and moronic. SJGMoney was right....Delusion runs rampant on here.....quit badmouthing Memphis and go on the Western Michigan board.....tell them how good your football team is!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
You guys have got to be kidding!!! SJGMoney posts his opinion about your thread and these are the responses?? HFD and J Serrano....how old are you guys?? You both sound like."I know you are but what am I?" Seriously? I joined this site a few days ago because after reading for about a month there are some very knowledgeable sports fans on here and I thought the interaction would be enlightening and entertaining. But I was wrong....a lot of it is juvenile and moronic. SJGMoney was right....Delusion runs rampant on here.....quit badmouthing Memphis and go on the Western Michigan board.....tell them how good your football team is!!!!!!!

Can we settle for just telling you guys how much you suck?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

No he didn't. He posted an inflamatory remark, including some pretty derogatory terms. No doubt these terms got his post removed from the board. He may be a UConn fan, but a trolling comment was among his first posts. Not a good start indeed.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
No he didn't. He posted an inflamatory remark, including some pretty derogatory terms. No doubt these terms got his post removed from the board. He may be a UConn fan, but a trolling comment was among his first posts. Not a good start indeed.

This.

I'm 100% Italian (for those that are going to call me on it, 100% Italian-American), and to be honest I was thrown a little bit from the use of the term "greaseball". I even made a comment about being a "greaseball myself" early in the thread, so as to call attention to the fact that we probably shouldn't be using terms like that here.

But one shouldn't try to "correct" the language by flashing the N-word. Period. Also as a side note, I'm pretty sure Jimmy Serrano is a fellow paisano, so when he calls someone "greaseball", it's somehow funnier...

Reaction Score
Yeah, I am Italian. And not in the least bit offended by the term "greaseball". People really have to lighten up over this.

I also have no tolerance for someone who uses racial slurs to make a point. I don't care who is doing it. It's low rent. And Mark W. hitched his wagon to that loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom