Umass greaseball coach takes shot at Uconn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Umass greaseball coach takes shot at Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just wondering if you read the comments:
vu-crowd-liberty-bowl-550-2011.jpg

And what does a picture of Cincinnati playing Vanderbilt in the Liberty Bowl have to do with the price of tea in China?

Reaction Score
And what does a picture of Cincinnati playing Vanderbilt in the Liberty Bowl have to do with the price of tea in China?

The poster linked to a site claiming no fans showed up at Memphis's games nor at the Liberty Bowl. The poster said the stadium was 1/3rd filled for the Liberty Bowl. Others questioned him and told him that the Liberty Bowl was a decent crowd (as evidenced in the picture, and that at some of the Memphis games, the crowd was at least double the size (USM was mentioned) that the poster was claiming.

Reaction Score
The poster linked to a site claiming no fans showed up at Memphis's games nor at the Liberty Bowl. The poster said the stadium was 1/3rd filled for the Liberty Bowl. Others questioned him and told him that the Liberty Bowl was a decent crowd (as evidenced in the picture, and that at some of the Memphis games, the crowd was at least double the size (USM was mentioned) that the poster was claiming.

Since the discussion was about Memphis and their fanbase, the Liberty Bowl and its attendance has nothing to do with the conversation. The picture of a bowl game played between two different teams has nothing to do with the conversation. If you're going to pretend otherwise you should just step away from the computer and think about how stupid that makes you look.

If you want to post pictures of the stadium for those games as evidence that their season attendance was wrong, please do. If you're going to lecture us about facts, don't pretend like you're the only who can use google and provide their own sourced facts. The author of the article cited his source for the facts. If they are wrong, or you have evidence to the contrary, please share. But if you're going to tell me anonymous posters on message boards (or commentators on articles) are more credible than a journalist that actually cites his sources, you're just being a .

Reaction Score

Show me where he said the Liberty Bowl, the game that is a bowl is less than 1/3d full. Because I didn't see that in Wing U's post.

We're clearly discussing Memphis Football attendance. You posted a picture of the Liberty Bowl that Cincy and Vandy played in.

That doesn't count towards Memphis football attendance. Try to keep up.

Reaction Score
Maybe Upstater thinks that the Liberty Bowl, where Memphis plays is the same thing as the Liberty Bowl, the bowl game.

Even though the Liberty Bowl is played in the Liberty Bowl doesn't mean that it counts towards Memphis football attendance. This is Pennstater logic.

Just wait till he finds out where the Cotton Bowl is played!

Since the discussion was about Memphis and their fanbase, the Liberty Bowl and its attendance has nothing to do with the conversation. The picture of a bowl game played between two different teams has nothing to do with the conversation. If you're going to pretend otherwise you should just step away from the computer and think about how stupid that makes you look.

If you want to post pictures of the stadium for those games as evidence that their season attendance was wrong, please do. If you're going to lecture us about facts, don't pretend like you're the only who can use google and provide their own sourced facts. The author of the article cited his source for the facts. If they are wrong, or you have evidence to the contrary, please share. But if you're going to tell me anonymous posters on message boards (or commentators on articles) are more credible than a journalist that actually cites his sources, you're just being a .

Reaction Score
He's referring to the comments in the article and the posters with those comments, not mine. (I think).

It's still stupid, but at least slightly less stupid.

You've got to credit his arrogance. You're a message board poster and you're wrong because he can cite an article showing their basketball attendance. I cite an article showing their football attendance, and I'm wrong because other message board posters say so. Brilliantly stupid.

What's obvious is that their football program (which is what really matters) has exponentially less support than their basketball program. It's like comparing the support for UConn football to UMass football, there, now we've come full circle and can get back to mocking UMass.

Reaction Score
Really? Well, most normal people would respond to those comments where the comments are made.

This guy is in academia, but he cites a comment from the comments section below an article, which as we all know is always a reliable source of information. That's pretty impressive.

He's referring to the comments in the article and the posters with those comments, not mine. (I think).

It's still stupid, but at least slightly less stupid. .

You've got to credit his arrogance. You're a message board poster and you're wrong because he can cite an article showing their basketball attendance. I cite an article showing their football attendance, and I'm wrong because other message board posters say so. Brilliantly stupid.

What's obvious is that their football program (which is what really matters) has exponentially less support than their basketball program. It's like comparing the support for UConn football to UMass football, there, now we've come full circle and can get back to mocking UMass.

Reaction Score
Show me where he said the Liberty Bowl, the game that is a bowl is less than 1/3d full. Because I didn't see that in Wing U's post.

We're clearly discussing Memphis Football attendance. You posted a picture of the Liberty Bowl that Cincy and Vandy played in.

That doesn't count towards Memphis football attendance. Try to keep up.

You're losing your mind. I asked him if he read the thread below the post he linked to, because in that thread people were questioning the numbers, and it appears those people are absolutely right.

Reaction Score

It's still stupid, but at least slightly less stupid.

You're both wrong. Obviously. If it's arrogant to be right, I'm arrogant. The pics prove it. Denigrate Memphis all you want. First we had a guy here saying they have no bball fanbase when they are well supported. What an ignoramus. Now you cite a hackjob article that is so full of it, it's easy to prove.

Both of you can go on circle jerking each other about the horridness of Memphis. They may be bad, but citing idiocy isn't winning you any points.

Reaction Score
You're both wrong. Obviously. If it's arrogant to be right, I'm arrogant. The pics prove it. Denigrate Memphis all you want. First we had a guy here saying they have no bball fanbase when they are well supported. What an ignoramus. Now you cite a hackjob article that is so full of it, it's easy to prove.

Both of you can go on circle jerking each other about the horridness of Memphis. They may be bad, but citing idiocy isn't winning you any points.

The picture. Singular, proved nothing. We said their (Memphis's) attendance sucks and it does. Your picture was a picture not involving a game of football that Memphis was playing in their own stadium.
So give it up Pennstater.

Reaction Score
The picture. Singular, proved nothing. We said their (Memphis's) attendance sucks and it does. Your picture was a picture not involving a game of football that Memphis was playing in their own stadium.
So give it up Pennstater.

I already explained it, do you need it twice? The poster made a claim about low attendance at the Liberty Bowl that year to argue they shouldn't renovate it. He gave numbers that were all at least half lower than the estimates of the posters. In the Bowl games case, his estimate was 1/3rd the number of people in the picture. It looked about 90% full. The idea there were only 20k at the bowl game is laughable, and so were the poster's claims. Wrong again!

Reaction Score
I already explained it, do you need it twice? The poster made a claim about low attendance at the Liberty Bowl that year to argue they shouldn't renovate it. He gave numbers that were all at least half lower than the estimates of the posters. In the Bowl games case, his estimate was 1/3rd the number of people in the picture. It looked about 90% full. The idea there were only 20k at the bowl game is laughable, and so were the poster's claims. Wrong again!

A poster here? Or are we arguing about someone who isn't even involved in this conversation and you decided to post a picture here? You're crazy.

Reaction Score
A poster here? Or are we arguing about someone who isn't even involved in this conversation and you decided to post a picture here? You're crazy.

A poster here linked to an article about actual attendance at the Liberty Bowl for Memphis football and bowl games. Why? I assume to show how abysmal attendance was at the Liberty Bowl. The picture showed it wasn't as bad as claimed. I don't know if you fell and hit your head this week, but you should get it checked out.

Reaction Score
A poster here linked to an article about actual attendance at the Liberty Bowl for Memphis football and bowl games. Why? I assume to show how abysmal attendance was at the Liberty Bowl. The picture showed it wasn't as bad as claimed. I don't know if you fell and hit your head this week, but you should get it checked out.

Typical Pennstater. Make stuff up and twist facts.

He was referring to attendance at Memphis games in the Liberty Bowl, not the actual Liberty Bowl bowl game.

The picture you posted has nothing to do with Memphis football, yet you tried to pass it off as a Memphis game. Pathetic and comical.

Reaction Score
Typical Pennstater. Make stuff up and twist facts.

He was referring to attendance at Memphis games in the Liberty Bowl, not the actual Liberty Bowl bowl game.

The picture you posted has nothing to do with Memphis football, yet you tried to pass it off as a Memphis game. Pathetic and comical.

You have a brain cramp. A bad inability to read. The Liberty Bowl game between Vandy and Cincy was one of the games mentioned in that very link!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Jeezus Chryst I can't believe you're allowed to educate people.

Educating people is what I do. Just say thank you, you're now better off with the facts: Memphis has fans. Before you were lost in the wilderness.

Reaction Score
I just want to thank everyone in this thread for the show.

To summarize: Zoo & Wing claim Memphis is a football skank with few fans. Wing links to an article that states Memphis football drew 67k for the entire year. Upstater responds by noting the comments section. The said linked article claimed that the Liberty Bowl game between Vandy/Cincy only filled half the stadium. Another commenter on linked article posts a picture that seems to debunk that. Other commenters in said article now question the Memphis Tigers number of 67k.

And we're all a little dumber, yet amused, for reading..........

Carry on.

Reaction Score
I just want to thank everyone in this thread for the show.

To summarize: Zoo & Wing claim Memphis is a football skank with few fans. Wing links to an article that states Memphis football drew 67k for the entire year. Upstater responds by noting the comments section. The said linked article claimed that the Liberty Bowl game between Vandy/Cincy only filled half the stadium. Another commenter on linked article posts a picture that seems to debunk that. Other commenters in said article now question the Memphis Tigers number of 67k.

And we're all a little dumber, yet amused, for reading..........

Carry on.

The slam on Memphis began even earlier in the thread when Zoo said they have no basketball fans, only to be shown that this is not true. They'll go on blasting Memphis (Memphis's football is pretty bad, I already said that, but no reason to slice the number in half when it's already abysmal, or to downgrade the bball side) and I'll keep bringing the facts.

Reaction Score
The slam on Memphis began even earlier in the thread when Zoo said they have no basketball fans, only to be shown that this is not true. They'll go on blasting Memphis (Memphis's football is pretty bad, I already said that, but no reason to slice the number in half when it's already abysmal, or to downgrade the bball side) and I'll keep bringing the facts.

I think you're mischaracterizing Zoo's stance. It's pretty clear that everyone was talking about Memphis football. You were actually the one who brought in hoops.

Zoo's original stance was that Memphis was Tulane with a basketball team and crappy academics. Tough to argue that point.

Reaction Score
I think you're mischaracterizing Zoo's stance. It's pretty clear that everyone was talking about Memphis football. You were actually the one who brought in hoops.

Zoo's original stance was that Memphis was Tulane with a basketball team and crappy academics. Tough to argue that point.

A fanbase is a fanbase. They do draw for basketball, but not for football.

Reaction Score

Memphis deserves to be slammed hard and often. You're a Memphis defender, that's almost as bad as apologizing for Pasqualoni.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom