UMass & AAC | The Boneyard

UMass & AAC

Reaction Score
That Calipari banner in the Mullins Center in place of their Final Four banner has to come down.

Reaction Score
What is wrong with adding a "flagship university"?
While the geographic proximity is tempting, it would dampen recruiting and, in a sense, allow UMass to draw closer competitively with UConn. No thanks. Playing the Minutemen as an OOC opponent is fine annually--not as a conference foe.

Reaction Score
Seriously even if UConn left I don’t think the basically Southern and Midwestern conference would be that keen to add a New Endland school unless It was to appease Temple. Face it it’s a Southern quasi Western conference
A more likely scenario would be the addition of Army as as a football only now that they seem to want to get back in the game.
(The Army /Navy game as a conference game is a lot more appealing nationally.)
Even if the game is not in the contract flying the AAC banner on national TV the kind of thing Aresco loves)
They will also look for another eastern basketball only but not New England.
UMass is desperate for a home if they can somehow get into the AAC it could save their football program. I also have great respect for Whipple .but they bring next to nothing to the league. UConn has enough clout to get them in but why would they use it.

Reaction Score
While the geographic proximity is tempting, it would dampen recruiting and, in a sense, allow UMass to draw closer competitively with UConn. No thanks. Playing the Minutemen as an OOC opponent is fine annually--not as a conference foe.
I hate these arguments. Fixed it for you:

While the geographic proximity is tempting, it would dampen recruiting and, in a sense, allow UConn to draw closer competitively with BC. No thanks. Playing the Huskies as an OOC opponent is fine annually--not as a conference foe.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If UMass could move to Maryland or Virginia, we would add. Don't need another school in this conference in New England. The boat wont float.

Reaction Score
Exactly...we don't need two AAC teams in New England or two ACC teams right?

That’s different. In the ACC, we’ll continue to own our market as we already do, but we’ll also grow it. UMass won’t do much of anything for the American except split the pie even more.

Reaction Score
I hear all the arguments that Umass brings nothing to the table etc., and I get it. But they are no worse than most of the AAC. I propose a two division 16 team AAC, to cut down on travel and create a bit more rivalry. East would be Uconn, Temple, ECU, USF, UCF, Cinncinati, Umass and Buffalo ( other possibilies Army or Florida Atlantic)
West would be Memphis, Tulane, SMU, Houston, Tulsa, Wichita, New Mexico State, and one more, can't think of anyone at the moment. Look, the conference stinks anyways, is basically the leftovers league. This would not make it worse, and at least all the schools could cut down on travel and perhaps generate some regional interest. Meanwhile of course, I want out of the AAC for Uconn, but for right now we have to deal with it.

Reaction Score
I hear all the arguments that Umass brings nothing to the table etc., and I get it. But they are no worse than most of the AAC. I propose a two division 16 team AAC, to cut down on travel and create a bit more rivalry. East would be Uconn, Temple, ECU, USF, UCF, Cinncinati, Umass and Buffalo ( other possibilies Army or Florida Atlantic)
West would be Memphis, Tulane, SMU, Houston, Tulsa, Wichita, New Mexico State, and one more, can't think of anyone at the moment. Look, the conference stinks anyways, is basically the leftovers league. This would not make it worse, and at least all the schools could cut down on travel and perhaps generate some regional interest. Meanwhile of course, I want out of the AAC for Uconn, but for right now we have to deal with it.

I'm a football guy, but if our revenue is remains limited post-next round of realignment, I would at least have to listen to the "drop football and lets try to move sports back to the Big East" crowd. Which would make me really sad.

Reaction Score
I'm a football guy, but if our revenue is remains limited post-next round of realignment, I would at least have to listen to the "drop football and lets try to move sports back to the Big East" crowd. Which would make me really sad.
I don't think that will happen.

Reaction Score

I don't know if New Mexico State would buy off on this as they already have money problem's in their current conference with close opponents.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom