Uh Oh! Napheesa missing her ride | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uh Oh! Napheesa missing her ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Sorry folks. Didn't mean to offend anyone. But, if I were in her shoes I'd want it to go viral.

If you were in her shoes now, you would be using them a lot - traipsing from dorm to classes, to practice at the Werth Champions Center, then back to the dorm (after a long stop at the library and short ones at the Co--op and the Dairy Bar).

Probably about 10+ miles on foot commuting and 5+ miles chasing MoJet on the court. :eek:

Reaction Score
If you were in her shoes now, you would be using them a lot - traipsing from dorm to classes, to practice at the Werth Champions Center, then back to the dorm (after a long stop at the library and short ones at the Co--op and the Dairy Bar).

Probably about 10+ miles on foot commuting and 5+ miles chasing MoJet on the court. :eek:
Yea, I do 3-5 miles most every day, but chasing Mo, 3 seconds and I'd be kaput!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I tell ya all it is very suspicious!
I just saw a new commercial - Geno is getting into the used vehicle market:
Geno's Fast Break Vehicles! Hot deals on Hot Rides! Come to Geno's for a 'Steal of a Deal!'

Reaction Score
Hopefully the despicable cretin(s) responsible will grow a conscience, do the right thing and return the bikes, though that's doubtful. While Lou and Napheesa must be terribly saddened by this experience, there's a lesson to be learned here... chain and secure your bikes because even though 99.9% of the people on your campus are decent and honest, we live in an imperfect world where there are always going to be morons who behave badly and who will simply take what they want.

[I don't know if it is an "NCAA violation," but if it is not, I would gladly contribute to a fund to buy the girls new bikes- if they promise to lock them up and not to use them until after the season is over.] ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not saying that everything from social media should be fair game for people to copy and post about, but we live in a technology age where many people want to be as connected as possible. I see zero wrong with the OP, EXCEPT for the VERY unfortunate title!! I was half expecting to see a picture of her in a leg brace or some other injury related item. Shame on Java! ;)

Please correct me if I'm misidentifying you as the culprit, Eric, but when it comes to "unfortunate titles," ones that absolutely freak people out here, your April Fools thread title was the doozy of all time, bordering on the unforgiveable. :rolleyes: So be gentle with Java. He's an amateur next to you. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This thread is for all incoming Uconn women's basketball recruits. At some point you will have your vehicle stolen from campus.

Reaction Score
Yeah, there's a "Buy and sell UConn tickets" fb group for students mainly, though it's used for all sorts of things these days, and I've seen a few other students looking for their missing skooters or in one case a bike motor recently. Not good.

Reaction Score
I hope she finds her scooter, if it hasstolen.
With Geno & CD not allowing social media during season, no nail polish, no tattoos, etc. maybe they highjacked the scooters till those young ladies graduate!
They are not banned from social media during the season. Just twitter. I follow whatever players choose to keep theirs public throughout the season. Some post more than others, but clearly they are not banned from doing so unless CD doesn't know how the internet works.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Please correct me if I'm misidentifying you as the culprit, Eric, but when it comes to "unfortunate titles," ones that absolutely freak people out here, your April Fools thread title was the doozy of all time, bordering on the unforgiveable. :rolleyes: So be gentle with Java. He's an amateur next to you. ;)
Usually that's about the time a kid we really really want is still undecided, so I'll post something like "Stewie verbals to Syracuse", or "Jefferson verbals to aTm", or some other such nonsense LOL. Next April, it will probably be "Megan Walker verbals to Notre Dame"...

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
There will never be another UConn Henry. Hopefully.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We're not supposed to be posting stuff from their personal social media anyway.
There was nothing actually banned from the board, just a plea for people to please exercise some judgement before posting items from social media. Posting pics of a stolen scooter? No problem. Posting a picture of a player dressed up for her friends and then making comments about her looks? Unnecessary and discouraged. However, it is a judgement call type of thing. As I said previously, what would you think if a stranger was using the same language to describe your daughter/sister/wife?

I still don't know why folks feel it necessary to poke around in teenagers' personal lives, though.

Reaction Score
There was nothing actually banned from the board, just a plea for people to please exercise some judgement before posting items from social media. Posting pics of a stolen scooter? No problem. Posting a picture of a player dressed up for her friends and then making comments about her looks? Unnecessary and discouraged. However, it is a judgement call type of thing. As I said previously, what would you think if a stranger was using the same language to describe your daughter/sister/wife?

I still don't know why folks feel it necessary to poke around in teenagers' personal lives, though.

Most on this team are not teenagers, they are in fact in their 20s and considered adults. I am not that much older than they are (ok maybe a few years ha ha), so I don't find it that weird to "poke around" in their personal lives.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
There was nothing actually banned from the board, just a plea for people to please exercise some judgement before posting items from social media. . . it is a judgement call.

We all hope that posters exercise good judgment. ;)

JS

Reaction Score
Most on this team are not teenagers, they are in fact in their 20s and considered adults. I am not that much older than they are (ok maybe a few years ha ha), so I don't find it that weird to "poke around" in their personal lives.
Kindly search for Nan's real point. She clarified that there is no rule against posting from social media, as some people wondered earlier in the thread. And she made a plea for good judgment.

The largest demographic group on this board is older men -- age 50 and up. There have always been a few who, unfettered, will make inappropriate remarks about a player's looks -- usually in response to a picture which today can come from a much expanded realm of sources.

Even after the earlier thread that I linked, two different mods have had to remove comments like "she plunks at my heartstrings with her beautiful face" and "I'd like to take her home with me."

Yeah, we can always edit and delete -- but we don't catch everything and we don't catch it right away and we have lives. If people understand what's OK and what isn't and use discretion then everyone is better off.

This is a sports board. Some things belong on the board and some don't. Doesn't matter if the player is 19 or 20 and it doesn't matter if you're 25 or 55. Doesn't matter if you're an appropriate social media friend or just curious or a lecher.

(If you're an older man with a fervent interest in what kind of toothpaste a player uses, please entertain the possibility that you're in the latter category and that "weird" is just less direct.)

So poke around all you want. We're just suggesting you apply informed judgment in what you choose to share here.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
I don't know if everyone on this board has been to the UCONN campus in Storrs, but I always wondered how folks managed to get to class in time considering the distances to travel between buildings.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I don't know if everyone on this board has been to the UCONN campus in Storrs, but I always wondered how folks managed to get to class in time considering the distances to travel between buildings.
It isn't any more spread out than most college campuses (especially in terms of the classroom buildings) and for a state school probably more condensed. And with college courses, you don't often end up with two classes that meet back to back.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
..There have always been a few who, unfettered, will make inappropriate remarks...
That's why, personally, I think we never should have stopped having them tarred and fettered...
upload_2015-9-26_11-25-35.png

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Caroline had a scooter and I don't remember anyone getting all angst-ridden about that, but I may be wrong.... (not about the scooter, about the angst.)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Caroline had a scooter and I don't remember anyone getting all angst-ridden about that, but I may be wrong.... (not about the scooter, about the angst.)
Never knew she had a scooter so luckily I escaped the angst back then! :eek:
And how come you did know?!

Reaction Score
Color me confused. I had several thoughts when seeing the thread title but none of them involved an injury or anything that would suggest Collier was at risk in any scenario. When I saw the picture and the early comments my thoughts immediately went to the right place, a stolen vehicle. I certainly hope she gets it back and in good condition, and soon. Don't know enough about her ride but I would think without a key it almost sounds like the thief grabbed it and loaded it onto a pick up or similar transport. Keeping an eye out on campus maybe someone will spot what almost sounds like a ring.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Color me confused. I had several thoughts when seeing the thread title but none of them involved an injury or anything that would suggest Collier was at risk in any scenario. When I saw the picture and the early comments my thoughts immediately went to the right place, a stolen vehicle. I certainly hope she gets it back and in good condition, and soon. Don't know enough about her ride but I would think without a key it almost sounds like the thief grabbed it and loaded it onto a pick up or similar transport. Keeping an eye out on campus maybe someone will spot what almost sounds like a ring.
The original title of the thread was something like 'Uh Oh! Doesn't sound good for Napheesa!' The mods changed it before some of our older fans had a heart attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom