Uh Oh! Napheesa missing her ride | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Uh Oh! Napheesa missing her ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Another team mate seems to have suffered the same fate, but it would require taping into twit stuff, so I'll just tease you with that. :)

Reaction Score
My daughter is a currently a junior at UConn. Apparently a lot of the athletes have scooters and many disappeared last year. Not sure what facilities are available for students to secure them. Seems to be an ongoing problem. I hope the UConn Police are able to solve this expensive and embarassing situation.

Reaction Score
The original title of the thread was something like 'Uh Oh! Doesn't sound good for Napheesa!' The mods changed it before some of our older fans had a heart attack.
Being one of those older fans (70) and having had a heart attack 11 years back I really appreciate the change in the thread name. I did not see the original name but now the angst makes a lot more sense. Thanks

Reaction Score
I feel terrible for these ladies. This crap cannot be allowed to continue, UCONN needs to put up cameras, hire more police and install anchors so these scooters can be secured properly. I am willing to chip in for replacements also.

Reaction Score
Kindly search for Nan's real point. She clarified that there is no rule against posting from social media, as some people wondered earlier in the thread. And she made a plea for good judgment.

The largest demographic group on this board is older men -- age 50 and up. There have always been a few who, unfettered, will make inappropriate remarks about a player's looks -- usually in response to a picture which today can come from a much expanded realm of sources.

Even after the earlier thread that I linked, two different mods have had to remove comments like "she plunks at my heartstrings with her beautiful face" and "I'd like to take her home with me."

Yeah, we can always edit and delete -- but we don't catch everything and we don't catch it right away and we have lives. If people understand what's OK and what isn't and use discretion then everyone is better off.

This is a sports board. Some things belong on the board and some don't. Doesn't matter if the player is 19 or 20 and it doesn't matter if you're 25 or 55. Doesn't matter if you're an appropriate social media friend or just curious or a lecher.

(If you're an older man with a fervent interest in what kind of toothpaste a player uses, please entertain the possibility that you're in the latter category and that "weird" is just less direct.)

So poke around all you want. We're just suggesting you apply informed judgment in what you choose to share here.

With a son, 20 yo, I do not need any more exposure to the private lives of 20 somethings (or younger), but I will say if someone wants to take him home, please let me know. I'll gladly forward a list of common expenses and youthful mannerisms so you can be appropriately alerted. Oh yeah, no returns. :D

Reaction Score
You guys sure are rough on the tar heels around here :oops:

:rolleyes:
Not nearly as hard as the NCAA should have been, long before now. Husky fans saw their men's team banned from post season play for "violating" the APR floor. Now UNC has had a problem that covered nearly 20 years and they have spent how long investigating and still...... we wait....and wait......and wait.

Reaction Score
With a son, 20 yo, I do not need any more exposure to the private lives of 20 somethings (or younger), but I will say if someone wants to take him home, please let me know. I'll gladly forward a list of common expenses and youthful mannerisms so you can be appropriately alerted. Oh yeah, no returns. :D
I'm sure someone who likes home made gifts will accept your offer.:)

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
What's this "turntable" of which you speak?

A rotating device supporting a vinyl platter which, when contacted by a sapphire ovoid connected to appropriate electronics, emits a rendition of "Fruitcakes" containing the "Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa" phrase which reminded me of it.

They're becoming popular again. (The rotating device, not fruitcakes. Jimmy's always been popular.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom