UConn's Big East Rival Will Be ............ | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UConn's Big East Rival Will Be ............

Reaction Score
A nice side benefit of a real Prov - UConn rivalry is BC on the outside looking in

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'd like to see some of you go up to a Yankee fan and say they have no right to woof because they haven't won squadoosh in over a decade. Even I wouldn't do that.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see some of you go up to a Yankee fan and say they have no right to woof because they haven't won squadoosh in over a decade. Even I wouldn't do that.
Who is saying that?

Btw the Yanks have been winning, just not cheating and winning tarnished trophies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is why many say it’s PC. An ounce of success has the fan base puffing their chest at us.
That is so freaking true. There was this PC guy in the bowling league that didn't say squat for years. After the Gomes game iirc, he comes up to me and says, "Good game last night." It was all I could do to keep from dropping my bowling ball on his foot.

Reaction Score
No not really PC has some history. Billy Donovan final four run, Sham and Austin run, John Thompson and Lenny Wilkins era, Marvin Barnes era. Dunn and Cotton came in and made some noise, Ryan Gomes teams were solid.

Yeah, my comment was just a joke. I assumed that was obvious.

Reaction Score
I think everyone agrees...the Big East is good for UConn basketball...and UConn will become competitive.

Football? How indy works for UConn is still in the future...but could it worse than UConn's AAC experience?

Reaction Score

Your men would've been lucky to get 50 against our scrawny guys playing defense this past year. But by all means your guys look good! That continues to lead to a ton of tourney W's.;)

Reaction Score
I have no hard feelings against providence. They deff gave us some tuff games during the REGULAR season and during the Gomes years , providence had our number a couple seasons(see Calhoun/Gomes rant) - but for providence fans to even be in our stratosphere with debating or talking junk - u guys need to have at least advanced past the first round (besides the one year u lost to unc in 2015) Since 1998. With that being said I have no doubt providence and Uconn will have some great battles in the years to come but , overall, it’s kind of hard to debate with a team that doesn’t have the track record we do - and I don’t mean that in an insulting way at all

Reaction Score

Why do I have to do better than that? What else would you like - how many BE championships even though you've been in the league longer - regular season, tourney champs? What would you like me to compare a programs success to please help me out I will reply. ECAC championships? LOL, how many of our players beat one of their own with a tire iron or alike? Tell me J

Reaction Score
I agree. All in good fun- even tho I may take it seriously sometimes lol. But it’s deff much more fun arguing with a providence fan or nova fan than Tulsa or Houston. When we were in the Big East, I wud always root for the big East teams to go far in the tournament - it is just what you did back then -conference affiliation meant everything -(Remember the big East vs ACC debates?) even though you hated some of those teams you’d definitely rather see a Syracuse /Villanova /Providence in the final four than a team like Duke - not even close. Go UConn. And then if UConn gets knocked out/ go big East!!!

Reaction Score
I agree. All in good fun- even tho I may take it seriously sometimes lol. But it’s deff much more fun arguing with a providence fan or nova fan than Tulsa or Houston. When we were in the Big East, I wud always root for the big East teams to go far in the tournament - it is just what you did back then -conference affiliation meant everything -(Remember the big East vs ACC debates?) even though you hated some of those teams you’d definitely rather see a Syracuse /Villanova /Providence in the final four than a team like Duke - not even close. Go UConn. And then if UConn gets knocked out/ go big East!!!

Wait a second JB how would you know if it's more fun with them than a Houston or Tulsa fan? I mean we never saw a fan here did we from the AAC minus kobe of Cincy? :D

Reaction Score

Yes....but being brought in to Ohio State for a payday and a loss is on the table for Akron, Tulsa, Arkansas State, Toledo, Western Kentucky, and Ball State.

UConn has to do something with the opportunity....or it becomes just another of those teams brought in and paid as a guaranteed home win.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Yes....but being brought in to Ohio State for a payday and a loss is on the table for Akron, Tulsa, Arkansas State, Toledo, Western Kentucky, and Ball State.

UConn has to do something with the opportunity....or it becomes just another of those teams brought in and paid as a guaranteed home win.
To be fair though it’s 1.95 mil, it’s a much bigger payday than most buy games. The scheduling thus far has gone better than I expected. More BYU level than Umass.

Reaction Score
The money for Ohio State is good....but I think, long term, that playing well is more important for the Huskies than a payday.

Play well, win respect, get better recruits, win more...and you can build a program.

Reaction Score
Costs are going up...Ohio State is paying Ball State $1.9 million for the game....$1.8 million to WKU and Arkansas State.

nadav

Reaction Score
Costs are going up...Ohio State is paying Ball State $1.9 million for the game....$1.8 million to WKU and Arkansas State.
They have it to spend. I meant much bigger for us. I thought Clemson was like 1.2.

nadav

Reaction Score
I would have rooted for the Taliban over Syracuse. And going forward I won’t be pulling for Nova or St John’s unless they are playing Duke or Syracuse. It’s been tough sledding rooting for AAC teams in Match. Granted we were no help of late.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom