UConn's Big East Rival Will Be ............ | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn's Big East Rival Will Be ............

Reaction Score
Thanks, but I actually said all the teams in the conference were decent, not cupcakes, and no one think's it's going to be a cakewalk. I don't know why this is so upsetting. It's OK to be realistic about the conference.

Reaction Score
Well our opponents are the subject of this thread, so......

What do you want me to say? That we're not nearly as good as we were when he we had the best basketball coach ever coaching our team? I think that's obvious and commented on quite often on this board. And not really relevant to who our rival will be.

Reaction Score
How would I know? If we're good and competing for Big East championships then our rivals will be whatever other teams are good are competing against us for those championships. That's how we became rivals with Syracuse, Pitt, Georgetown, etc. If we're not good then we'll probably be like you guys and find some team that is good and in close geographical proximity and pretend like they are our rival even though they won't give 2 craps about us.

Reaction Score
How would I know? If we're good and competing for Big East championships then our rivals will be whatever other teams are good are competing against us for those championships. That's how we became rivals with Syracuse, Pitt, Georgetown, etc. If we're not good then we'll probably be like you guys and find some team that is good and in close geographical proximity and pretend like they are our rival even though they won't give 2 craps about us.
I LOVE THIS POST. LOL

Reaction Score
Oklahoma, North Carolina, Kansas, and Michigan all wish UConn had been in the Big East to keep Nova in its place.

Tulsa thinks that's funny.

Reaction Score
Well Tulsa's not good, and isn't really close to Nebraska either, but since you're a Providence level thinker I'm just going to say you nailed it!

Reaction Score
Whaddya mean we, Skeezix? No UConn fan talks like that.
You beat me to it. I don't care who you are, that was a BS post. Why should we need to apologize for UConn basketball? Just to make the Nova and PC boys feel better? Nonsense.
We earned those four rings and regardless what Nova boy says, they're still one behind us. The PC guy is not even worth bothering about since he's stuck in irrelevance just like his wanna-be program
Dam right I'm gonna talk smack about UConn. Why not? We earned all of it.

Last edited:

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Oklahoma, North Carolina, Kansas, and Michigan all wish UConn had been in the Big East to keep Nova in its place.

Tulsa thinks that's funny.
This thread is about who are rivals will be. We all agreed that Nova will be atop. So if you are done measuring your dill, see yourself out.

Obviously Villanova’s insecurities still are alive and well. Go to the UNC board and mix it up with your rivals.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Villanova even though (or because that) they are the worst fans possibly in the NCAA, PC and Gtown are top tier. Hall and Johnnies after that. Then Marquette. Followed by the Midwest schools we don’t really have much history with. Bottom line we are pumped to be back where everyone hates us. Feels sooooo good.

Reaction Score
This thread is about who are rivals will be. We all agreed that Nova will be atop. So if you are done measuring your dill, see yourself out.

Obviously Villanova’s insecurities still are alive and well. Go to the UNC board and mix it up with your rivals.
That he thinks Nova is UNC's rival is one of the most unintentionally funny things I've seen in a minute.

Kansas too.

Reaction Score
"...you losers.."? Really have you actually ever been on your own board? :eek: The young ones here took a liking to Vital and they know little about KEA so hoping they're the only one's though who would believe that.
Anyone that saw Khalid play live would know how much better he was then CV, and I don't mean to disrespect CV at all. Two totally different levels of players. One started for a NC team and was one of the key players. The other was CV.

Reaction Score
You can google ESPN, CBS Sports, Forbes, AP, USA Today, and find Nova listed as a Blue Blood. I didn't wake up this morning with an epiphany.

I can understand you not keeping up with current events over the last 5 years, but Nova has added to it's legacy

Of course it's not an official title, so there is always debate.

imho, Carolina, Duke, and UConn are the leaders of the modern era. Titles matter.

Next tier is Kentucky, Louisville and Nova. For all of the top recruits UK gets, Calipari only has the 2012 title.

Part of the discussion has to include recent accomplishments. What have you done for me lately? Indiana, Kansas, and UCLA? Certainly they are historic Blue Bloods, but they don't have enough recent success to be considered top tier. Opinion.
solid opinion.

Reaction Score
That was great. We even beat them when they were ranked and we weren't. I remember an early game in that streak when BCU literally quit running then accused UConn of running up the score. Jim Obie left sputtering something about payback. They didn't beat UConn for an entire calendar decade after and Obie was drummed out of CBB in disgrace. I guess the payback was blackballing us out of the ACC, a Pyrrhic victory for them.
They were up 9 against us in the Civic Center with 2 minutes to go, and still couldn't beat us!!!

Reaction Score
Yeah Tulsa's actually not good, we've just really sucked 2015 forward. Still won as many NCAA tournament games over that time as Providence though. And I'm pretty sure these last few years are considered your best stretch in like a half a century or something right?

Reaction Score
Yeah Tulsa's actually not good, we've just really sucked 2015 forward. Still won as many NCAA tournament games over that time as Providence though. And I'm pretty sure these last few years are considered your best stretch in like a half a century or something right?
No not really PC has some history. Billy Donovan final four run, Sham and Austin run, John Thompson and Lenny Wilkins era, Marvin Barnes era. Dunn and Cotton came in and made some noise, Ryan Gomes teams were solid.

Reaction Score
The reality is that Prov needs to win NCAA games in March. Prov is very competitive, but needs to do more. Contribute a little to that payout kitty

Reaction Score
This is why many say it’s PC. An ounce of success has the fan base puffing their chest at us.

My god I hope we trounce the BE year 1 and make them regret ever letting us back in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom