UConn's Big East Rival Will Be ............ | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UConn's Big East Rival Will Be ............

Reaction Score
Well there's no doubt that any UConn fan that believes they're coming back into the Big East to immediately be UConn again or really even contend for the top 2-3 is a little over confident and cocky. It's going to be a grind and there's going to be new pieces to find the chemistry with, injuries to overcome and new players who need to be factors. We should make no assumptions other than we're heading in the right direction but it will take time.

But there's this reply too, I think you may want to get a little charged rather than the "mid major, we've sucked, 7 years" stuff being thrown around. We won 2 in the last decade, we fell off the tracks but are headed back. Don't try to derail the fans who are excited about what's coming please let them have some fun and let's not let the visitors have more than us it's the Boneyard.
I just don't like the disrespect shown to fans of other programs and would prefer to have mature and educated conversations. And like I used to tell my teams, the only team that can talk smack is the team left standing at the end of the season. And we have been able to do it FOUR times. More than PC, Nova or almost any other program. Now that is talking sh...
Hate to say it but as far as next season, winning 2 in the last decade doesn't matter. But I would bet that we win our next one before any other Big East team. Playing in this conference is going to be lots of fun. I can't wait.

Reaction Score
See, that’s not how it works. Last time I checked its UConn 4 - Nova 3 in National Champions, and we’re even at 2 NCs for the last decade, whereas PC has never even sniffed a chip, maybe a couple times.
First rule of a champion is to act like you been there before, and a big part of that is knowing w t fkc your talking about.
Nova’s had a nice run, but when the Alphas of UConn, Cuse, Louisville, old school Georgetown, Pitt, were running things, you guys were on the 2nd tier. Only after those programs left, and all credit to Jay Wright and what he’s built, did Nova move up to elite status. Those are facts, you can look it up! Lol
So you think Nova was allowed to elevate because Pitt and the others left and made room for us? If UConn was in the Big East for the past 5 years you would have kept us down? lol.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
I like the smack talk, it was completely non existent in the AAC. PC fans are a decent lot, comfortable in their own skin. More than I can say for Nova fans

Reaction Score
I like the smack talk, it was completely non existent in the AAC. PC fans are a decent lot, comfortable in their own skin. More than I can say for Nova fans
It's good to be the king

Reaction Score
I just don't like the disrespect shown to fans of other programs and would prefer to have mature and educated conversations. And like I used to tell my teams, the only team that can talk smack is the team left standing at the end of the season. And we have been able to do it FOUR times. More than PC, Nova or almost any other program. Now that is talking sh...
Hate to say it but as far as next season, winning 2 in the last decade doesn't matter. But I would bet that we win our next one before any other Big East team. Playing in this conference is going to be lots of fun. I can't wait.
Nova boy has been posting nonsense like this all over the board. You're going around telling us how we should behave on our own board and how we shouldn't talk smack because we had 3 bad seasons give me a break.
Nova is showing little brother love to UConn, so maybe UConn can do the same for Prov.

Share the Little Brother love.

Reaction Score
Prior to 2014...

Pitt (2), Louisville (3), Syracuse (2), UConn (3), Georgetown (1), WVU (1)...had won the last 12 Big East Tournaments....

* 2006 Tournament winner vacated

Losing all of those tournament champions had to make the path easier...

nadav

Reaction Score
Prior to 2014...

Pitt (2), Louisville (3), Syracuse (2), UConn (3), Georgetown (1), WVU (1)...had won the last 12 Big East Tournaments....

* 2006 Tournament winner vacated

Losing all of those tournament champions had to make the path easier...
Nonsense Billy. It’s just a coincidence that Nova has won 10 combined BE titles in the 7 years since the big boys left. After all, they had won a whopping 5 in the 35 years before the league broke up.

Reaction Score
It's good to be the king

We know we were the Kings for almost 20 years on the BE you rode our coattails. But now you are King so you can call for the "Piss Boy". ;)

nadav

Reaction Score
I love the league and you know this. it’s wannabe blue blood fanboy’s garbage that I’m not buying.

Reaction Score
It's a weak league in terms of winning when it matters. No team in the league has consistently won games in the NCAA tournament aside from Nova. But I guess when you suck in that area you don't count that as a "measurable metric" huh?

Reaction Score
Got it. I am old and old school. Prefer to root for my team rather than against the opponent. And I am loud.

nadav

Reaction Score
I don’t think Uconn is a blue blood.

Reaction Score
It’s sad how quickly our reputation fell on the national stage but I blame the AAC and KO for not doing more with the title. Luckily our turn around happened when it did and I think we’re in a position to regain most of what we lost if Hurley sticks around and a few more recruits sign on.

We land Nolley and we’re in the Sweet 16. That would wipe away years and bring us closer to where we once were. That said, we will never see Providence win a National Title as much as I love Ryan Gomes. Class act and still gives back to Waterbury.

Reaction Score
Yeah, programs like UConn and Syracuse certainly have fallen off since the split. And yet since the split we've both still had more NCAA tournament success than anyone in the NBE except Nova. Syracuse has sucked, still made a Final Four. We've sucked, still won an NCAA title.

Nova's last 3 Big East championship wins were against a team that lost in the first round of the tournament, a team that lost in the first round of the tournament, and a team that lost in the first round of the tournament. The NBE just really benefits from all the flaws in the systems used to measure conference strength, because you really don't have any bad teams (and believe me, I'm happy we will be able to take advantage of these flaws as well). You have a bunch of decent teams, and Nova. And when you aggregate that for a conference level look, it results in a great metric.

Reaction Score
Yeah, programs like UConn and Syracuse certainly have fallen off since the split. And yet since the split we've both still had more NCAA tournament success than anyone in the NBE except Nova. Syracuse has sucked, still made a Final Four. We've sucked, still won an NCAA title.

Nova's last 3 Big East championship wins were against a team that lost in the first round of the tournament, a team that lost in the first round of the tournament, and a team that lost in the first round of the tournament. The NBE just really benefits from all the flaws in the systems used to measure conference strength, because you really don't have any bad teams (and believe me, I'm happy we will be able to take advantage of these flaws as well). You have a bunch of decent teams, and Nova. And when you aggregate that for a conference level look, it results in a great metric.
So next season will UConn be on the "decent" side

Reaction Score
Right, you guys are awesome in Nov/Dec, then some months pass, the real games start, and you're not awesome, except for Nova. Is that not how it's gone pretty much every year since the split?

And I follow college basketball, so I'm aware of how teams stack up now as opposed to 10 years ago. Congrats on being much better. Fortunately for us, when you sucked we got your A++ game every time, and you beat us all the time, so I doubt the games will be much tougher.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom