UConn's Big East Rival Will Be ............ | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn's Big East Rival Will Be ............

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

providence has always played us tough and had some really good players that I loathe their miserable existence (such as Williams, Murdock, Dunn, Simpkins and croshere).

they’ve had some really good players like Gomes and shamgod who made them more than relevant.

but it’s not enough to talk smack now, despite UConn being down.

I don’t think UConn wins the conference yesr, but with the right transfer(s) they can certainly be 3rd. In fact if they got nolley and Bruner that’s where I’d slot them in.

but without those 2, they could easily finish like 7th with a lot of close games. This conference is pretty freaking deep.

3 years from now though I do expect them to be up where Creighton and Nova are right now. I believe in Hurley and the brand that much. But it’s not going to be an easy path either. But it starts with doing the job next year. Next year is huge as the building block for that.

Reaction Score
That's the point, it will always be your superbowl and for UConn it's just another game. Many years later the biggest claim to fame for PC is that they once beat the national champions in a regular season game.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

incant argue Cooley has brought PC back to relevancy. And stealing Dunn out of UConn’s back yard was huge for that.

As I said, simple geography and OBE history means this is a rivalry. And y’all have given UConn fits, the all time record shows that.

I still think nova has to be #1 though, at least based on the present situation. Because nova has the same history from obe and is the goal program for UConn right now.

Reaction Score

Do we have to be? You still are and always will be looking way, way up at UConn. Even with the downturn over the last 4-5 years. You don't get to shoot your mouth off.

Reaction Score

LMAO. The fact that you even remember this game makes my point.

Reaction Score

Yeah. And I got banned there for saying the same thing then that I'm saying now. You're not that good. Never have been.

Reaction Score
When UConn was in its run it afforded in conference games at the highest level. It’s always great to be #1, and special to beat #1. Nova beat #1 UConn in 1995 and 2006.

I don’t think another Big East team besides Nova has been ranked number 1 since the split. There have been very good teams, but my recall would not have any of them reaching 1.

Reaction Score
Yeah. And I got banned there for saying the same thing then that I'm saying now. You're not that good. Never have been.
Prov is pretty good. You’ll see

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Cro could have sighed earlier but he was waiting on Cal and Notre Dame and they also passed. But the best part about Croshere is that everytime he buried one against Uconn, Calhoun would scream at his assistants ‘we got the wrong guy’

Reaction Score
Caron Butler was a head case too. Not claiming Nolley will be Caron. But sometimes a change of scenery and a coach like Hurley can be the difference. One thing Nolley is is extremely confident. If Hurley can trim the fat with him, watch out

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We did have a Big East rival named BCU. But after bludgeoning them 22 times consecutively, it became more of a mercy rivalry.
That was great. We even beat them when they were ranked and we weren't. I remember an early game in that streak when BCU literally quit running then accused UConn of running up the score. Jim Obie left sputtering something about payback. They didn't beat UConn for an entire calendar decade after and Obie was drummed out of CBB in disgrace. I guess the payback was blackballing us out of the ACC, a Pyrrhic victory for them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Guys, we are not the program we were 5, 10 or 20 years ago. We will get back there though. We have been stuck in a BS conference and have been an average team there.
You do what you want, but I'm gonna act like I've been there before. Because I have. Seventeen times in total.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom