Uconn women | The Boneyard

Uconn women

Reaction Score
What is the matter with you. The girls accomplish a tremendous feat and all you got is move it to the woman's board. We can't spare a thread here to comment on the 100 game winning streak. Come on deepster give a little.

There's a specific board for women's basketball discussion. I don't care that they've won 1 or 101 in a row.

Reaction Score
It must be such an inconvenience for you to just skip over the post that's unclearly labeled "uconn women."

So long as every yard goats update goes to the OT board, fine. Lighten up, Francis.

I don't like following or talking about the women's team. There's a specific board dedicated solely to that topic. If I choose to voice my displeasure, that's my right. And if post something you don't like seeing, it's your right to point that out as well.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Oh come on.

GW was in beast mode despite a tough scoring night for KLS. CD has some skills and SC, KN and NC had big contributions.

You should congratulate HCGA and AHCCD for their excellence.
What no love for NB when NC picked up 4 and 5?

Must be a ball issue for @Deepster. Smaller balls, deflated balls.

BTW how does a guy who plays for the Pats, miss a PAT?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Unknown.jpeg

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It was a fantastic win to continue a fantastic streak for a fantastic team. Hands down, they are the most dominant team in the history of sports. Not the Yankees. Not the UCLA men's team. Not the Patriots.

The UConn Huskies women's basketball team.

<-- Even the guy in my avatar is tipping his hat to them... :cool:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It was a fantastic win to continue a fantastic streak for a fantastic team. Hands down, they are the most dominant team in the history of sports. Not the Yankees. Not the UCLA men's team. Not the Patriots.

The UConn Huskies women's basketball team.

UNC Women's soccer: from 1982-2012 (30 yrs) - 21 National Championships; 3 runner ups; 3 semi finals. Including 3 in a row and 9 in a row.

Just ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Heard Boomer Esaison chime in this morning with the fact if not for a 2OT loss at home by 2 to Stanford a couple years ago they would be at 147 or something. Some amazing facts in this streak.

But then again one ESPN commentator mentioned the fact that only 1/5 of the games have been against competitive teams, Mr Kornheiser so he didn't put it up there with the greatest of streaks.:oops:

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Heard Boomer Esaison chime in this morning with the fact if not for a 2OT loss at home by 2 to Stanford a couple years ago they would be at 147 or something. Some amazing facts in this streak.

But then again one ESPN commentator mentioned the fact that only 1/5 of the games have been against competitive teams, Mr Kornheiser so he didn't put it up there with the greatest of streaks.:oops:
The achievement is amazing given that other coaches could have developed teams to stop Geno. Did he have UCLA in his list?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
UNC Women's soccer: from 1982-2012 (30 yrs) - 21 National Championships; 3 runner ups; 3 semi finals. Including 3 in a row and 9 in a row.

Just ridiculous.

Dorrance made a great program. And yet still not as dominant. It's one thing to win championships. It's another thing to never lose a game...

Reaction Score
There's a specific board for women's basketball discussion. I don't care that they've won 1 or 101 in a row.

If you care about UConn men's basketball then you should care about UConn women's basketball even if you don't like to watch the games. If UConn wants out of the AAC and into the P5 then we need the women to keep dominating. The woman's success is helping UConn's overall athletic portfolio.

Women's basketball may not move the needle enough for a P5 invite but they are drawing attention to UConn and last night got the highest rating of any (men's or women's ) basketball game on ESPN 2 this season. Ratings = money = more likely for a P5 invite = better opportunity for men's basketball.

But hey, you don't like women's basketball so lets not mention it even if it effects the men's program...SMH

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom