Uconn women | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Uconn women

Reaction Score
Well, you don't get to dictate what I care about. And if their 1,000 wins in a row hasn't helped us dig out it the AAC by now, it simply isn't going to ever. They could win a million games in a row and it doesn't impact the mens program.

Then why do you try to dictate what many of us do care ab out?

Reaction Score
Then why do you try to dictate what many of us do care ab out?

What do you mean? That the discussion about the women's team should probably go on the board dedicated to the women's team?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
If they win out this year, wont the seniors graduate either losing no games or 1 game?

Reaction Score
What is the biggest strength of the UConn brand (since the topic of CR value has been brought up in what was originally just a congratulatory thread)?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What do you mean? That the discussion about the women's team should probably go on the board dedicated to the women's team?
The point of the thread is not necessarily to compare and contrast the characteristics of a female college basketball player to The Worm (you introduced that topic, incidentally). It's to raise awareness of the program's accomplishments with posters, like yourself, who do not frequent the women's basketball board.

You are not obligated to click on the thread.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Here's my answer.

1) First off, the main board is a melting pot for a lot of OT topics. Pizza, Beer, etc. No one (like 0 people) will first go to the OT board or post the original note there. That's kind of a given. So, I can see why those posts are on the main board.

2) There is a Pro Sports forum. I frequently visit/post there. Honestly? I don't think a lot of people know it exists. There is a very small cluster of people who are active there and maybe a handful of posts each week and 99% of them are baseball related. I do believe that the Patriots, Oakley, NBA stuff should go there. I don't say anything about it because, quite frankly, I don't think it'd do any good. It's an empty space. The last post there was from me at noon on Friday.

3) In regards to the women's team posts on this board? The women's board is almost as active as the men's board. 518,000 posts. If you want to talk about the women's team? Go there. There's way, way, way, way more excitement, knowledge, tolerance and passion for whatever question you want to pose or topic you want to discuss. Additionally, I think (and it's my personal thought) that the discussions here are generally stupid in nature. It's like when your wife makes dinner plans with a co-worker, says her husband is a "big sports fan" and in the first 5 minutes he says something like "Those girls could teach the men's team a thing or two!" or that Gabby Douglas is like NBA hall of fame rebounder Dennis Rodman.

I have no issue with #1. There are legendary OT threads and those are a big part of what makes the BY enjoyable, IMO.

I understand your argument regarding #3. However, as long as #2 is allowed to continue, I believe it's hypocrisy to complain about women's posts on the men's board. I do feel your pain, as I've complained a number of times in pro sports threads that they should be moved (just did it again this morning).

However, just as I appear the only one to do so with pro sports, you are the only one doing it for women's team threads. I would be happy to work with you on having both kinds of posts moved to their respective forums, but not one without the other.

And speaking about the pro sports threads and your assertion that women's threads on the men's boards invite stupid comments, it was just a few days ago that some dolt suggested the Miami Dolphins were an NFL blue blood. I could point out (as could you) hundreds of idiotic posts that are actually on topic that make Gabby:Rodman seem tame.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I don't like following or talking about the women's team. There's a specific board dedicated solely to that topic. If I choose to voice my displeasure, that's my right. And if post something you don't like seeing, it's your right to point that out as well.
Okay, so this post and one the one preceded it Deep.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
And if this was our first and only uber-winning streak, I would say yeah, maybe we are equivalent. But we have another few streaks that were nearly as big. And this one is still going. That's why I say that what we've done is more impressive than the UNC legacy.

We are number 1..
IIRC, UConn's win streaks are 100 (and counting), 90, and 70. That is astonishing.

Reaction Score
I understand your argument regarding #3. However, as long as #2 is allowed to continue, I believe it's hypocrisy to complain about women's posts on the men's board. I do feel your pain, as I've complained a number of times in pro sports threads that they should be moved (just did it again this morning).

However, just as I appear the only one to do so with pro sports, you are the only one doing it for women's team threads. I would be happy to work with you on having both kinds of posts moved to their respective forums, but not one without the other.

If the Pro Sports board had the traffic and interest for that topic that the Women's board has for theirs, then I'd feel that #2 and #3 are really the same. The reason I only feel strongly about only the Women's team stuff is that there is just no other place for the Pro Sports stuff that will get any real conversation generated so, by default, much of it pools up here.

Husky25

Reaction Score
If the Pro Sports board had the traffic and interest for that topic that the Women's board has for theirs, then I'd feel that #2 and #3 are really the same. The reason I only feel strongly about only the Women's team stuff is that there is just no other place for the Pro Sports stuff that will get any real conversation generated so, by default, much of it pools up here.
Weak Tea.

If you click on the "New Post" link at the top of the page, you get all non-cesspool threads to which a new post was made. You can also ignore the thread and it won't show up on your "timeline." Problem solved.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Weak Tea.

If you click on the "New Post" link at the top of the page, you get all non-cesspool threads to which a new post was made. You can also ignore the thread and it won't show up on your "timeline." Problem solved.
Just let him rant and rave. It's his opinion so what's the big deal. Most of the people in this forum don't agree with him so it's obvious his preference of "purity" won't get masculine legs.
What's funny is his ranting is keeping this thread alive. If he didn't comment chances are this thread would be lower on the list.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Just let him rant and rave. It's his opinion so what's the big deal. Most of the people in this forum don't agree with him so it's obvious his preference of "purity" won't get masculine legs.
What's funny is his ranting is keeping this thread alive. If he didn't comment chances are this thread would be lower on the list.
Doubtful he sees the irony.

Husky25

Reaction Score
And you don't see how simple it is to completely derail a thread. Keep chasing your tail, noobs.
i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpg

I follow the Men's program far more than the women. For the most part, I only watch a women's game when they play a top 10 team. It's just otherwise not that entertaining for me, but that does not mean that a men's basketball fan cannot appreciate what the UConn Women have done and recognize them for the accomplishment, which is what this thread was meant to do.

Incidentally, this is my last post on this subject. Feel free to take the last word. I couldn't care much less, if I tried.

Reaction Score
I don't like following or talking about the women's team.

Who would have guessed the person who doesn't like talking about the women's team would be the most prolific poster (by a landslide) in a thread about the women's team?

Amazing win by the UConn women Monday night! Like most on this board, I follow the men much more closely. But if you're a UConn fan and basketball fan, you are missing out if you can't enjoy what an amazing achievement this is.

Storrs is the college basketball capital of the U.S. That title is a testament to the recent unrivaled successes of both the men and women. Everyone benefits from our shared basketball culture and this is another great addition to the UConn basketball legacy.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Here's my answer.

1) First off, the main board is a melting pot for a lot of OT topics. Pizza, Beer, etc. No one (like 0 people) will first go to the OT board or post the original note there. That's kind of a given. So, I can see why those posts are on the main board.

2) There is a Pro Sports forum. I frequently visit/post there. Honestly? I don't think a lot of people know it exists. There is a very small cluster of people who are active there and maybe a handful of posts each week and 99% of them are baseball related. I do believe that the Patriots, Oakley, NBA stuff should go there. I don't say anything about it because, quite frankly, I don't think it'd do any good. It's an empty space. The last post there was from me at noon on Friday.

3) In regards to the women's team posts on this board? The women's board is almost as active as the men's board. 518,000 posts. If you want to talk about the women's team? Go there. There's way, way, way, way more excitement, knowledge, tolerance and passion for whatever question you want to pose or topic you want to discuss. Additionally, I think (and it's my personal thought) that the discussions here are generally stupid in nature. It's like when your wife makes dinner plans with a co-worker, says her husband is a "big sports fan" and in the first 5 minutes he says something like "Those girls could teach the men's team a thing or two!" or that Gabby Douglas is like NBA hall of fame rebounder Dennis Rodman.
For what it's worth, I don't buy into this comparison either. As much heart as Gabby Douglas has, she's only about 5 feet tall, so I honestly don't see her becoming a dominant rebounder.

Gabby Douglas.jpg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Doubtful he sees the irony.
If he keeps this up someone is going to start a thread after every women's game. And the forum, which would normally detest this, would allow it to happen just to spite him.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, I don't buy into this comparison either. As much heart as Gabby Douglas has, she's only about 5 feet tall, so I honestly don't see her becoming a dominant rebounder.

View attachment 19799

I love when the big dumb fish can't help but bite on the hook.

Reaction Score
KO post Memphis:

“Our guys are resilient and they keep fighting,” Ollie said. “Combined between the men and women we’ve won 103 straight.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom