Uconn with no recruits in class of 2018? Unlikely. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Uconn with no recruits in class of 2018? Unlikely.

Reaction Score
Maybe CD stays for the transition for 1 or 2 years. I assume a former player and I would say Shea would have the inside track right now. Imo Sue Bird would be a great choice also.
It should be Jen. And CD should not stay around at all - let Jen run her own show. She knows the drill. Her family should be a little older, and she will be able to more fully commit to her unmatched competitive desire.

But this will be a while. Since Geno said he doesn't want to coach when he's 80, that pretty much means he has PROMISED to coach until he's 79, right?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've been thinking about the first name to appear on the Husky Wall of Honor twice. A while back, I thought that Collier (Pheesa and Charli) was likely. Then, of course, Charli decided to stay closer to home. If Christyn chooses UConn, I think Williams (Gabby and Christyn) is likely. If we consider the men's side, Walker (Kemba and Meg) is quite possible (ok, maybe that's an understatement).

Reaction Score
There are at least a couple of incorrect assumptions in that line of thinking.
One assumption is that we know why everyone comes to UCONN WBB and it's for the same reasons: to win NC, to become a professional basketball players, or to be coached by Geno etc. In reality we do not know why the decide to come & there are many different reasons. Far more dangerous is the assumption that we know why players don't come to UCONN and the attribution of weakness to those that decide not to come: not up to the challenge, didn't want to be great, didn't want to be coached hard etc. Geno and CD have created from scratch a great institution call UCONN WBB. It takes special players to sustain what has been created by CD and Geno. If every kid that got a UCONN offer accepted, suddenly UCONN would not be so special anymore.

I'd like to disagree with you--but most of what you said is agreeable---I see things as the different drummer I.
Not everyone goes to Uconn for the NC---Dixon followed her buddy Tina. For every assumption their is a failure to see the obvious. Always and never --always happen.
I agree that we are never truly sure that we don't know fully why someone does not want to play at UConn---even the one rejecting . I agree way too much belief in what a player will or won't acc ept in coaching. But the truth is UCONN IS NOT FOR EVERYONE--WITH OR WITHOUT A REASON
We have thrust the title of special on player that play high level game at Uconn. The fact of life is there are player of equal talent and energy on some top level Div one team--even a few on Div 2-3.
One human attribute that is in many and it is the desire to follow the Winner or be on a winning team if only as water boy. Winners usually beget winners. So Geno has tried to recruit players that Won in previous activities on HS or AAU Teams.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom