UConn vs. USF — Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. USF — Game Thread

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Anyone that says they saw this 51 point blowout coming is being disingenuous. What a fun game to watch. This game should scare the crap out of the rest of the teams in the conference.

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Why was Napheesa so dominant tonight?" Well her shot looked more like last year's than that new herky jerky motion she's had much of this year.

Geno's answer was they are dropping and she had a confidence issue when they weren't dropping that is maybe behind her.

Reaction Score
Geno's answer was they are dropping and she had a confidence issue when they weren't dropping that is maybe behind her.
Yeah I know but her shot has looked more like a jump shot the last couple of games rather than her keeping her feet planted then bending back and sort of slinging the ball towards the hoop.

Reaction Score
Kyla hit the open shots but her defense was lacking tonite.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Have to believe tonight was the Best All Around Game played by all players. USF is not a slouch team and UConn completely dominated them on both ends of the court. Jose must be wondering what do we have to do to play a close game against UConn. Jose has to start recruiting quality players that can score off the bounce and create their own shots. He's got a good enough program that he should be able to sign a couple Top 50 USA players.

Reaction Score
Molly also had 3 ribbies. It would be beyond awesome if Molly and Kyla continue to develop this winter and become serious bench performers.
Kyla is a reliable contributor and was last year too. Problem for the bench is you know Z is going to get at least 25 minutes and Megan is going to get a lot of minutes too, so how much does that really leave for the rest of the bench? I guess right now it's a little easier being a man down (AEH). Surprised the bench wasn't in a little earlier, but then the starters need time too in the second half.

Reaction Score
Kyla is a reliable contributor and was last year too. Problem for the bench is you know Z is going to get at least 25 minutes and Megan is going to get a lot of minutes too, so how much does that really leave for the rest of the bench? I guess right now it's a little easier being a man down (AEH). Surprised the bench wasn't in a little earlier, but then the starters need time too in the second half.
I agree.
I think Geno is still trying to settle the first 6, maybe the first 7, into playing smoothly together and is giving them all the time they need to work on that.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I can’t help but wonder if Laksa has ever put up a goose egg in a game in her entire basketball career before tonight’s game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Anyone that says they saw these 51. Blowout coming is being disingenuous . What a fun game to watch. This game should scare the crap out of the rest of the teams in the conference.

Conference?? WNBA :rolleyes:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Kia took her out of the game like it was a blood feud. Never saw anyone take as many off balance jumpers in my life.

The key to defending Laksa is to let her set her feet to shoot. Laksa had no time to set for anything.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
What a game!! Marvelous!! Kia shut Laska down....0 points, and she made Laska frustrated :). Napheesa had an outstanding game.

Reaction Score
Geno: "You can tell the maturity and leadership of a team by how they handle road trips, and we're on the road for 19 days of the 31 in January"

Reaction Score
My biggest gripe with a Geno is we're up forty the entire game and we only play one bench player in megan walker thru the first 3 quarters. I consider AS the 6th starter.

Why not give Irwin or Coombs more run earlier? It's beyond me. Especially with so many banged up huskies.

Reaction Score
Kia was amazing putting a complete shut out on Laska, amazing. Woohoo for Molly.

Reaction Score
Geno: "The officiating didn't benefit either team, they let 'em play, but I thought the 3rd foul on Lou was a little bit questionable, but I'm biased I guess."

Reaction Score
My biggest gripe with a Geno is we're up forty the entire game and we only play one bench player in megan walker thru the first 3 quarters. I consider AS the 6th starter.

Why not give Irwin or Coombs more run earlier? It's beyond me. Especially with so many banged up huskies.
I was surprised to see who was still out there to end the 3rd quarter.

Reaction Score
Anyone that says they saw these 51. Blowout coming is being disingenuous . What a fun game to watch. This game should scare the crap out of the rest of the teams in the conference.
The rest of the teams in the conference knew before the season started that they had no chance of staying within 20 points of the Huskies. Let’s face it, the conference is really bad. The 2nd best team in the conference got beat on their home floor by 51 points. That’s all you need to know about the AAC. UConn should become an independent in women’s bball.

Reaction Score
The rest of the teams in the conference knew before the season started that they had no chance of staying within 20 points of the Huskies. Let’s face it, the conference is really bad. The 2nd best team in the conference got beat on their home floor by 51 points. That’s all you need to know about the AAC. UConn should become an independent in women’s bball.
What about the Tulane game last year when they took us to the final buzzer? Did they have no chance?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom