UConn vs. USF — Game Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. USF — Game Thread

Reaction Score
USF might win against UConn one day, but not today...not today

Reaction Score
Talk about a complete ass kicking. Tonight was it. Incredible defensive effort. Way to go Molly. I've been very critical of Molly. Hopefully, her performance will carry through the rest of the year. Go Huskies. I was at the game. It's funny how quickly the crowd was taken out of the game. Total domination. Kia, you were like glue on Laksa.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I can’t help but wonder if Laksa has ever put up a goose egg in a game in her entire basketball career before tonight’s game.

She was blanked one other time against another pretty good defense, Mississippi State two years ago.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She was blanked one other time against another pretty good defense, Mississippi State two years ago.
I’m going to start referring to you as “STATMAN.” I see that Laksa did not start that game, played 23 minutes and was 0-2, so all things considered, this was a much worse experience for her tonight against the Huskies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Ok, I'll bite, why?

When Lou got her second foul I started yelling at the screen to take her out. When Z came in I thought it was for Lou. It wasn't. After all, there was only 1:50 left in the quarter I think. We all saw what happened next.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I’m going to start referring to you as “STATMAN.” I see that Laksa did not start that game, played 23 minutes and was 0-2, so all things considered, this was a much worse experience for her tonight against the Huskies.

I think she had a 1-14 or something game too. She's like that. Can go 8-8 from three or miss everything. That said, Nurse's effort tonight was about as determined as any I can recall.

Reaction Score
JordyG, I can't agree more. I was at the game, and I was yelling to take Katie Lou out. The third foul was a bad call, but had Lou not been in the game, there would have been no third foul. With Lou out, the offense got bogged down. Fortunately, USF couldn't score either.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is an entertaining game, no?

The second best first quarter they've had this season. They had 49 against somebody after the first 10 minutes.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Nah. Just an improved CD and Meg with CW and ONO thrown in for good measure. Of course, Jesperson Flores, and Ferreira won't be there either.

It would be interesting to hear the thoughts of the USF bench players that were looking at UConn in person for the first time. Shock and awe at least.

Reaction Score
Talk about a complete ass kicking. Tonight was it. Incredible defensive effort. Way to go Molly. I've been very critical of Molly. Hopefully, her performance will carry through the rest of the year. Go Huskies. I was at the game. It's funny how quickly the crowd was taken out of the game. Total domination. Kia, you were like glue on Laksa.
I was there too, way up in the cheap seats.

Reaction Score
Easy call for me. Last years USF was the same as this years team. UConn's is better. UConn won 102-37 the first time they played, 96-68 the next time and 100-44 the last time. I thought entering the game I might have underestimated the MOV.
Didn’t think Ferrara(?) played much last year. Thought she was a tough kid when she played with Courtney Williams.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
What's the probability that the reply is up in the next 12 minutes...

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Awesome defense and 27 assists on 37 baskets (73%). I wasn't actually counting but on many possessions it seemed UConn made more passes than dribbles. Beautiful basketball.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Seems to me the USF starters have been playing for Jose for about 5 years now. Did I hear Meg Culmo say Laksa is a Junior?

I think the bench must of been reading the Boneyard, they had enough and kicked ass tonight.
Laksa was the AAC FOY--over Lou.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Watching the replay, the second foul on KLS was bogus. Laksa, clearly getting annoyed by that point, lowered her head and gave Samuelson a forearm shot. I don't have a problem with the third foul call that bothered Geno. Think Lou got her arm into Ferreira's face.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom