UConn vs. USF — Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. USF — Game Thread

Reaction Score
When Lou got her second foul I started yelling at the screen to take her out. When Z came in I thought it was for Lou. It wasn't. After all, there was only 1:50 left in the quarter I think. We all saw what happened next.

What happened next was the team won by 50 points.

Geno wants the players to play with fouls so they will learn how to function wo getting that 3rd foul. KLS failed on that so you can be sure he'll speak to her about it.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think Ferreira missed the whole year with a plantar fascia injury.
She played in 9 games early in the season but didn't play after December.

She's listed as a senior, and it surprises me that USF isn't trying to get back her junior year of eligibility. Unless, of course, it's her decision that she doesn't want to stay in school for a 5th year, or maybe the NCAA wouldn't deem this a "season-ending" injury?

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
<<
Operating with a sore quad, Nurse swarmed South Florida’s top scorer, Kitija Laksa, who finished 0-for-11 from the field, 0-for-8 on 3-pointers and was scoreless.

“The easiest way to do it,” Nurse said, “is to not let her catch the ball.”>>

Knowing what needs to be done and doing it are two different things. Fortunately, UConn's roster is loaded with people who can.

Anyone who thinks Kia's chances at a successful WNBA career are slim should watch last night's game again....and again and again.

Kudos to the raging Canuck. :D

LasVegasYank

Reaction Score
<<Si! I left 4 degrees at Washington Dulles and landed at 74 degrees in Los Cabos. >>

Get a rope. :p

LasVegasYank

Reaction Score
At the half I was wondering "Who are these people and what have they done with our team?"

Same feeling at the end of the game after Bent drained a pair of threes.

Reaction Score
What happened next was the team won by 50 points.

Geno wants the players to play with fouls so they will learn how to function wo getting that 3rd foul. KLS failed on that so you can be sure he'll speak to her about it.
Another view. All 3 of Lou's early fouls were marginal with CD holding Geno back from refs on the 2nd (haven't seen that in several years). Suspect Lou was playing the type of tight D Geno wants. Might grumble a bit but doubt this will be a major conversation.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I read a comment after the game Saturday by a poster that attended the game. I wanted to comment on it, but was away from home (didn't want to respond using my phone). He mentioned that he was impressed with the speed of the game, and especially the speed that UConn plays at. He was particularly impressed with the speed of their fast breaks. He said you can't appreciate the speed on TV. He also suggested that this is one of the reasons that most freshmen can't come in and play right away for this reason. They can't keep up. In time, they learn and adjust to the increased speed, which is a lot faster than the average tempo at the high school level.

I thought it very interesting that he would make and share that observation. It's something that many fans and supporters don't take into account when expressing their desire for a freshman to get extended playing time. In addition to being able to "keep up", you've also have to understand what you're doing out there. Some of them don't really figure it out until their sophomore year. Gabby said as much at the beginning of her 2nd year. A team is only as fast as it's slowest player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom