UConn vs. USF — Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. USF — Game Thread

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I wonder if we can get Jose’s post game presser? The phrase “shock and awe” come to mind. I sort of expect a Carver Lipton quote from Band of Brothers when describing the German bombing at Battle of th Bulge....:confused:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What about the Tulane game last year when they took us to the final buzzer? Did they have no chance?
Spoiler alert! The Huskies are a much better team this year.

Reaction Score
Laska did not score which really shocked me. I hope she will recover from this .

Reaction Score
Seems to me the USF starters have been playing for Jose for about 5 years now. Did I hear Meg Culmo say Laksa is a Junior?

I think the bench must of been reading the Boneyard, they had enough and kicked ass tonight.

Reaction Score
The rest of the teams in the conference knew before the season started that they had no chance of staying within 20 points of the Huskies. Let’s face it, the conference is really bad. The 2nd best team in the conference got beat on their home floor by 51 points. That’s all you need to know about the AAC. UConn should become an independent in women’s bball.
Not fair today. We were very good, and Kia played great. No one would stay within 30 today.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Easy call for me. Last years USF was the same as this years team. UConn's is better. UConn won 102-37 the first time they played, 96-68 the next time and 100-44 the last time. I thought entering the game I might have underestimated the MOV.

Reaction Score
Next game is Tuesday against UCF. At Gampel for the first time in a couple of months. It is crazy how this team seemingly is always on the road, but I guess Geno said they'll make up for it in February when 5 of their 8 games are at home.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
REALLY entertaining game. Lots of fun watching the bench draining treys too!

Reaction Score
"Why was Napheesa so dominant tonight?" Well her shot looked more like last year's than that new herky jerky motion she's had much of this year.
Not sure about "dominate" but she moved well and got many great passes for layups. Was the key the pass or the layup?

JordyG

Reaction Score
I wonder if we can get Jose’s post game presser? The phrase “shock and awe” come to mind. I sort of expect a Carver Lipton quote from Band of Brothers when describing the German bombing at Battle of th Bulge....:confused:
Last years loss to UConn at 102-37 that was shock and awe. This was just awe.

Reaction Score
Slightly off topic but

Heard on the radio post game show

East Carolina was at Memphis today.

Every fan in attendance received a free giveaway item. What was it?

A spatula!

I nearly fell off my chair laughing-- come watch our team play and we'll give you free kitchenware!

JordyG

Reaction Score
Slightly off topic but

A spatula!

I nearly fell off my chair laughing-- come watch our team play and we'll give you free kitchenware!
Hey at least there's gender equivalency. 40 years ago the women would have gotten a spatula and the men a screwdriver.

Reaction Score
Slightly off topic but

A spatula!

Lol, not out of ordinary for Memphis....they do lots of BBQ grilling down there I hear. :rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Got a real kick out of the several videos of the bench as the subs hit 3s. Lots of whooping it up there.

Reaction Score
I was surprised to see who was still out there to end the 3rd quarter.

And Geno keeps Lou out there mid way thru 4th. Crazy right??!! As she takes a hard hit driving to the basket. Then he put Molly in. No Coombs no Lexi.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
"Why was Napheesa so dominant tonight?" Well her shot looked more like last year's than that new herky jerky motion she's had much of this year.

Most of her baskets were within 5 feet. Weren't many opportunities for the elbow-out shot but I still saw it a couple times.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Seems to me the USF starters have been playing for Jose for about 5 years now. Did I hear Meg Culmo say Laksa is a Junior?

I think the bench must of been reading the Boneyard, they had enough and kicked ass tonight.

Can you blame them? The boneyard does make for excellent reading.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I can’t help but wonder if Laksa has ever put up a goose egg in a game in her entire basketball career before tonight’s game.

I doubt she'll sleep well tonight. She has to be thoroughly frustrated

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom