UConn vs UCF post game thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn vs UCF post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Looks to me like a couple of HS intramural basketball players are posting on here again. Hmm.
I don't prefer one player over another player but when something is so blatant I think I have the right to give my opinion on what the h*ll was going on.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
You couldn't have watched this game if you made this absurd comment. She got smacked in the face 3 or 4 times in addition to all kinds of holding, grabbing and other sxxt, and as far as the WNBA, all those things would have been called fouls. I don't think KLS is bothered by the normal physicality, it's the dirty stuff that she commented on clearly, as everyone heard on TV. That coach should be ashamed of herself for what she prescribed for her team, as they just couldn't keep their hands off of her. Little things had to be annoying to her as well, like when she would pass someone heading back up court without the ball, someone just swats her in the back. They did get called for one of them late in the game (unsportsmanlike was the call) but I saw many of them on TV, just BS IMHO!

It doesn't get any easier in the WNBA and certainly it won't get better in the overseas professional leagues. They are both very physical compared to the WCB. What I did not get was how the refs allowed such play.

Reaction Score
I apologize for my last remarks of several hours ago. I wish someone would delete the post or at least the last two sentences. Seldom has a game made me so angry. I felt like I was holding my breath through most of the game hoping no one on either team would be hurt. I enjoy watching UCONN almost every game and I wouldn't want them to change from being the smart and elegant young women they are to retaliate over some unfortunate action by the opponent.

Reaction Score
Being rough and tough can be ok. ...But, when Lou was jabbed in the ribs and being hurt, the cheerleader was right there close laughing at her and enjoying the fact that Lou may be seriously hurt. That’s bush league stuff on her part. I wonder about the general attitude of UCF toward Uconn. That made my wife upset.

Reaction Score
Olivia has greatly improved play recently. She has progressed from someone who comes in, gets in foul trouble, and leaves. She is now a player who knows how to block and defend without fouling. She has begun to look for her shot and her teammates have begun to look for her. She makes shots inside or gets fouled and she makes free throws. I think she has a lot of potential to effect games, especially defensively, by tournament time.

Mikayla has gone from a player that Geno won't even talk about, to someone who plays good defense and has really good ball handling skills. As with Olivia, I see Mikayla contributing to an improved defense for the rest of the year. Every time she looks at the basket, I hope that she shoots and it goes in.

The problems with Lou getting beat up remind me of Stewart's problems at the beginning of her junior year. She was beaten and bruised almost every game. She was having trouble dealing with the absence of Dolson, who absorbed the punishment under the basket. Gene seemed to solve that problem by setting up screens and specific plays for Stewart and sending Tuck inside, where she handled the physicality. He also found that KML really liked to slam bodies and mix it up under the basket. Maybe, Geno can find similar ways to take the focus off of Lou. There's no Tuck and KML, of course, but I have seen bodies flying off of Walker and Collier lately, and Olivia is becoming a big presence.

Breanna came to expect the fouls. She said once that it felt strange when she wasn’t being hit.

I don’t mean to blame the victim but it does appear that Lou will need to adopt a similar attitude to keep “growing” her game. Unfortunately Lou will never be as strong as her competition because of her frame.

And while UCF was “chippy,” the game reminded me of the good old days in Morgantown when WVU played a very “physical” style. Learning how to keep the offense going during such encounters is a valuable skill.

Reaction Score
And they bit, always like to see who the the fake team fans are, the fact that they cannot help themselves and have to attack a player taking a beating, just think about that for a second, even though it had nothing to do with their favorite player, they couldn’t stand that the real fans actually recognize what was happening. True colors shining through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom