UConn vs ND Second Half | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn vs ND Second Half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As an official myself I have to say these officials were not good today
Glad to see another official in the house. I am never critical of another official because as you know, it is very hard to call these games. But you are correct, these officials were terrible.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Experience, leadership and home court advantage coming through for ND right now.
If this is the best ND can do at home I like us on the neutral court or at UConn.

Reaction Score
Wow. Providence upsets DePaul. That will really hurt DePaul.

And Stanford in a tight one with Oregon State.

Reaction Score
Very good point ICE

The same problems at the finals mins of Baylor/ND will be present in Hartford and a neutral court. Halfcourt execution has to improve and poise down the stretch. And the refs give Novosel all those BS foul calls wherever the games are played.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
ND Guards were 16 of 19 from the Free Throw Line. This is where ND won the game. They could get to the line at will and then make them. Still UConn could have won the game in regular time if they make their free throws.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Glad to see another official in the house. I am never critical of another official because as you know, it is very hard to call these games. But you are correct, these officials were terrible.
I can identify 8 points that ND scored off of UConn players fouled resulting in ND baskets. On the other hand we didn't make foul shots and THAT cost us in regulation even with the officiating issues. You have to overcome everything to be a champion.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I think our inability to take advantage the final 10 minutes of the first half with both Achonwa and Peters on the bench along with missing costly free throws cost us this game.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

What did you guys think of that travel call on Doty? I am on the record in this thread as *not* piling on the refs, but that particular call was horrid, and unforgivable (no obstructing players, play right in front of them, not a high-speed play, etc.).

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well youve all said everything Ive been thinking. I sick with the calls. Almost every time we drove to the basket we charged, or no foul. ND drives to the basket phantom fouls on UConn. Diggins pushes off and reach around by Diggins hits Hartleys arm not the ball no foul????? DIggins drive at the end of the game no foul, she misses replay shows no foul, shes shooting. Cant wait to get ND off their own court. You dont hear me complain about the refs but this was a joke.
Bottom line we missed alot of foul shots and had a chance to win it and threw it away and then no charge by ND. We shouldve won this game. Positive points Kiah looked good, Stef looked good, as did most others. Bria Hartley a complete point guard and an AA.

blaqtech

Longtime Louisville Lover
Reaction Score
What did you guys think of that travel call on Doty? I am on the record in this thread as *not* piling on the refs, but that particular call was horrid, and unforgivable (no obstructing players, play right in front of them, not a high-speed play, etc.).

I think the official decided Doty's rear foot was the pivot without letting her establish a pivot....so I don't think it was a travel.
I will say I've done it before...so I understand the call.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

I think the official decided Doty's rear foot was the pivot without letting her establish a pivot....so I don't think it was a travel.
I will say I've done it before...so I understand the call.

Exactly what happened, she misjudged establishment of any pivot. It was understandable but nonetheless wrong at a critical moment. All in all though it was not the main part of the officiating that was frustrating. My frustration with the officiating has little to nothing to do with any loss. Losses happen. Ultimately, every team must insure victory over all conditions of play.

Having been a certified high school baseball, softball and basketball official I have, also, made my share of bad calls. What I innately hate in any game I watch, in person or on TV, is any game where the officiating is uneven in application of the rules.

Reaction Score
I initially was sick we lost, but stepping back from it, and after a bit of thought..... I don't really care..... aside from pride, this doesn't affect anything, including seedings.... which are overrated anyway..... I think we learn from this, as we did last yr at Stanford..... GA is waiting for his haul next September..... I think we will pretty much be unbeatable for a period of time..... and Bria can go back to a SG, and SD does not have to shoulder EVERYTHING inside.....

While I am on subject of seedings, Baylor is definite #1, and so is Stanford, though I contend their schedule is weak. So that is 2. Who else is out there except ND and us? I don't think MD, Duke, and LVs are worthy.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Problem also is that Stef gets so eager when she does get the ball that she sometimes rushes bad shots, especially baby hooks.
or her mates think she's not balanced enough to handle the pass... she they trust that she'll catch or get yelled at from Coach for making a bonehead pass

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
You are fixing to go on about a 4 year undefeated run or very few losses, don't get to greedy it not good for you or the game.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
You are fixing to go on about a 4 year undefeated run or very few losses, don't get to greedy it not good for you or the game.

Some of us realize this. In a transition year the team is still ranked among the top teams but that's not good enough for many fans.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
at which level do you ref and was you at the game or was you watching it on TV(with the benefit of replay)?

Reaction Score
Transition year, yes. Count me as one who is very happy..... UConn always brings out the best in its players.... we will make the F4. Next year we will have the pieces in place.....

I still think we have a chance to win it all this year. We have little margin for error though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom