UConn vs. MSU Game Thread | Page 32 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. MSU Game Thread

Reaction Score
I am not mad that they lost. I am just upset that they gave the game away. Missed foul shots, turnovers, missed layups, and bone head decisions all over the place. The play by Chong was as bad as you will ever see.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I don't think it was the short bench. I think it was the pressure of being massive favorites and that blasted winning streak, etc..
They just seemed like an inexperienced team from the get go tonight. Not enough senior leadership. Our 2 1st team AA are Sophomores and played like it in this game. A growing / learning experience for them. Great season with a sad ending.

Reaction Score
We won over 110 in a row. Imagine the pressure with a whole country watching you. Even with that pressure, an impressive game.

Congrats to Mississippi State. They deserve to win this game.
Great effort by MSU. 110 is incredible. But, they lost it and had their chances and didn't execute. They will be back, but let's not sugar coat a basic fact they flat out failed to play anywhere near the level they can. All good things come to end.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tough loss, but great win by Mississippi State. MSU outplayed us. We missed too many layups and too many FTs. We made a dumb play on the past possession. And MSU played very well.

Morgan William is a player. Crystal needs to look at that and play like Itty Bitty.

Reaction Score
UCONN was undefeated and beat this team by 60 last year. Biggest upset I've ever seen in the women's game.

Despite the media slobbering over them this year, I never felt that UConn was as invincible as some people were saying. They were not a nigh-unstoppable juggernaut like some other UConn teams, including the one that beat MSSt by 60 last year. Or that Baylor team which on paper had no business losing to Louisville munchkins.

MSSt this year beat what I felt were the best and 2nd best (Baylor) teams of the year...in a row. Clearly not the same team as last year, either.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Feel bad for Saniya, but we wouldn't have been in this game had she not stepped things up for us this year. Louisville over Baylor is a far bigger upset - Baylor had a senior laden team. We've got underclassmen, who play like it at times. Proud to be a UConn fan and frankly, will be kind of nice to watch a game without the national media making a huge thing about a streak..

Reaction Score
Well guys we lose to a very very very good team. They wanted more than us. But, what a great year we have had.
Thank you UConn WBB. We love you guys.
Thanks Gabby, Pheesa, Lou, Kia, Saniya!!!!!!!!!!!!!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The short bench finally bit them. They were tired and MSU's size was too much.
They were not tired in the first quarter. What Chong did was something the team had done year. Go and look back at some of the games and you will see at the end of a quarter someone would shoot with too much time on the clock and give the other team time to score.

Reaction Score
Wow what a game! What a season by both teams!!! Great year by UCONN and what a game by Gabby Williams!!!! I hope SC is ready to compete Sunday because it's going to be a Barn Burner!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Despite the media slobbering over them this year, I never felt that UConn was as invincible as some people were saying. They were not a nigh-unstoppable juggernaut like some other UConn teams, including the one that beat MSSt by 60 last year. Or that Baylor team which on paper had no business losing to Louisville munchkins.

MSSt this year beat what I felt were the best and 2nd best (Baylor) teams of the year. Clearly not the same team as last year, either.

Let's not forget that a UConn team with three AA juniors, including arguably one the best ever, lost to Stanford in OT.

Reaction Score
Happy for Miss. St. and Morgan William. They earned it. Great defense, dominated on the boards.

I feel bad for Saniya. She was our second best player all game long until the final play. At least the other players have next year. Poor Saniya doesn't. Still, she had a great season--hope she can keep that in mind.

And major kudos to Miss. St. for sure.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Feel like I'm in volnation reading this thread all night the whining ang blaming players of choking fair weather fans

I'd say the responses have been mostly sportsmanlike and reasonably restrained. But if you think you hear whining, maybe you do. You'll call it what you want to.

Reaction Score
More than anything, I feel terrible for this team. They have given us an amazing year but probably it was even more amazing for them. There is something to be said, now, for starting new and fresh next year, knowing we'll have a great team once again with a chance to set their own records.

Reaction Score
what a game! i know it hurts but congrats on a great season. MS played possessed tonight. they have been a tough team all season but i did not expect them to pull it off. i was really surprised that chong took the last shot and so early in the shot clock. i just knew your team was gonna pull it out.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Wow what a game! What a season by both teams!!! Great year by UCONN and what a game by Gabby Williams!!!! I hope SC is ready to compete Sunday because it's going to be a Barn Burner!!!!!!
Timing is everything, my friend. Maybe give it 24 hours to celebrate your win here.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
This one will go alongside the collapse to Notre Dame in 2001 as titles they can't get back. Mississippi State did as much as they could including milking the shot clock over and over but UConn didn't show up until about two quarters in.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Some poor shot selection/decisions and missed Free throws down the Stretch cost UConn the game. Game was in UConn's hand to win or go into Double OT. Can't make that decision, even if the shot was made. Left Miss St too much time on the clock to do what they did.

Congrats to Miss St. They were the Better and more Resilient Team Tonight. After UConn tied the game, they couldn't go on a run to build a 4-6 point lead. Most times it was Miss St that got the lead and UConn had to tie the game again.

A Great Year and if UConn had manged to win, they probably beat So Carolina. Not to be this year. Most of WBB is Happy that UConn lost.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom