UConn vs. MSU Game Thread | Page 35 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. MSU Game Thread

Reaction Score
That 16 pt hole early on was just too much. Maybe if Geno called time out earlier in the game to settle things it doesn't get away so quickly, and some of those hard to come by points scored weren't wasted on covering the deficit but to extend the lead.

Reaction Score
Don't quite understand why Lou wasn't more involved in the offense. I realize her tourney was a bit sub par for her, but on last possession it should have been first option Lou, Gabby 2nd and Kia 3rd, full stop.

Oh well when you are lucky enough to win 111 the snake is going to bite you sometime.
Agree. Lou had an advantage when she got ball within key. Surprised as well they didn't set offensive to get her ball but no second guessing at this point.

Reaction Score
Listen. We can all say what we want but after reflecting a bit NC cost us this game.

1. I never seen NC play poor let alone awful.
Deer in headlights, missed lay ups, missed FTS etc.

2. Don't blame Chong she's is a SR that saw an opening and yes it was there, and credit the defense on the quick recovery and stop.

3. We were a young team that played old except yesterday.

4. Credit them. Stifling defense denying the passing lanes. We could not run offense comfortably.

5. They hit big shots too!

6. Gabby was awesome, she rose to the occasion. KLS had a solid second half hitting a few big 3's and two monster FTS.

7. Danger was ineffective as we butler.

Really if there has to be a player killed us it was collier.

We will be back and better than ever next year. My one concern is danger. Wish Chong was back.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Listen. We can all say what we want but after reflecting a bit NC cost us this game.
Nope. Lack of rebounding, poor foul shooting, 17 turnovers, and letting Miss State control the tempo cost UConn the game.

Reaction Score
Nope. Lack of rebounding, poor foul shooting, 17 turnovers, and letting Miss State control the tempo cost UConn the game.

Of course but your all American of all Americans didn't show up. The girl that couldn't miss all of a sudden missed a lot. The girl that got many rebounds couldn't rebound. The girl that hits free throws now misses free throws.

I wouldn't just saw nope.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Of course but your all American of all Americans didn't show up. The girl that couldn't miss all of a sudden missed a lot. The girl that got many rebounds couldn't rebound. The girl that hits free throws now misses free throws.

I wouldn't just saw nope.
Kia had 6 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist and 3 turnovers
Crystal was 0-1 with 1 assist and 2 turnovers
Lou had 15 points, yes, but 1 assist and 3 turnovers

And Napheesa lost the game?

Reaction Score
Kia had 6 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist and 3 turnovers
Crystal was 0-1 with 1 assist and 2 turnovers
Lou had 15 points, yes, but 1 assist and 3 turnovers

And Napheesa lost the game?

Did I not say danger was ineffective?

I don't have a huge issue was KLS game. She made the big shots when she had too. They did a great job denying her the bell in first half and she adjusted in the second.

Kia had a couple of big threes when it counted.

I'm saying if I had to point at one player it's NC. Kia is not on her level. NC got all the awards.

NC just didn't look right. Sorry. I'm her biggest fan and think she will be a husky great. Not her night

How about we agree to disagree then. Not need to go back and forth.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
While there may be grains of truth in some of the postings, I think calling out individual Husky players for blame after a tough loss just stinks. I mean, does it make you feel better to snipe and bitch at a twenty-year old athlete who today feels worse about that game than you ever will? Really?

Reaction Score
Breaking down a game/season is nothing personal. I throw out no personal attacks. I haven't read any posts attacking our players. Just breaking down a painful game.

I personally Respect all our players for there hard word and dedication to hoops and school.

Reaction Score
Win as a team lose as a team . blaming individual players is a waste and and pointless

Reaction Score
While there may be grains of truth in some of the postings, I think calling out individual Husky players for blame after a tough loss just stinks. I mean, does it make you feel better to snipe and bitch at a twenty-year old athlete who today feels worse about that game than you ever will? Really?
Hand clap for this right here!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom