UConn vs Gonzaga for a Final 4 Berth | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Gonzaga for a Final 4 Berth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How is Timme going to guard Sanogo? It will be interesting to see how they try and guard us
They’re good with good overall size. My guess it’s close to a pick um? We win 88-82.

Reaction Score
So it’s all different now obviously, but from a universal karma point of view I would’ve preferred ucla.

Ucla in elite 8 is revenge tour stuff from 95. We are awesome on revenge tour.

Gonzaga is the flip side, in 99 Gonzaga was an upstart playing great ball, and we had been knocking on door for almost a decade. We took them out ( like a trip to dentist) for our first FF and NC

2023 Gonzaga has been knocking on door for a decade and now upstart us ( we aren’t a upstart historically but last 7 years were bad and we are just newly “ back”) is playing as the other side of that equation.

We will beat them anyway.
Reading my mind?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I would take Central, Fairfield, Wagner, Bryant, UMass Lowell, and Hartford as a path to a Championship if that was an option. There are no asterisks next to the champions that didn't beat the other top teams in the country to win their championship. They are just champions.

Reaction Score
Zags have depth, UCLA does not. I wanted UCLA. But bring on Gonzaga. This is the Elite Eight it is not supposed to be easy.
Agree that the Zags have more depth that UCLA, but they don't have any depth behind Timme. It's correct to worry about Sanogo and/or Clingan getting into foul trouble, but the same holds true for Timme. He gets in any foul trouble, Gonzaga is in real trouble. UConn matches up just fine with size, and I don't think it was the Gonzaga D that gave UCLA issues in the 2nd half, rather UCLA ran out of gas and missed a lot of open shots. You can get open looks against Gonzaga. They don't press and don't stroke it as well as they have in the past. The still run really good sets and Few is a very good coach. Nevertheless, UConn will not get worn down in this game like UCLA and should be able to score against the Zags. Expect a high scoring, tight game.

Reaction Score
Adama will eat Timmie for lunch on O, but Timmie will do his own damage in return. His feet and moves are just amazingly efficient. But, Timmie won’t be able to handle Adama and DC going at him for 40. He was worn down by the end of tonight’s game. All that said, Gonzaga is a team that has resilience and fights through so there can be zero foot off the pedal.

Reaction Score
that's what concerns me the most. It's why I wanted UCLA. I don't think they have the firepower to keep up with UConn even if they turn the game into a slow rock fight. Plus UCLA has less depth. Gonzaga has good roster depth.

Well, if UConn is fortunate enough to beat Gonzaga and get a trip to the Final Four it's because they earned it.

Also, UConn really has not shown they can win the close games except for the Providence game in the BET. I hope UConn wins comfortably against Gonzaga, but it won't be easy. Zags beat Alabama as well.

Reaction Score
I was at the game, my biggest concern was that if UCLA won, all of LA county would have drove up for the game Saturday making it a true road game for UConn

I like our chances neutral site against Gonzaga
What was the crowd split like for UCLA/Zags. Zags have a lot of people?

Reaction Score
What was the crowd split like for UCLA/Zags. Zags have a lot of people?
Arkansas surprisingly may have had the most fans there, they bought a ton on the ends of the stadium. UCLA also had a lot there, more than Gonzaga, but the Zags fans held their own.

xclamations

Windy city
Reaction Score
Been waiting for this... wanted Gonzaga.
Heard someone say they don't have much depth on tv. Wasn't fully invested in the game but it seemed like both teams choked back and forth when i checked the screen during crunch time.
Local news where i am has west coast bias but the reporters alll agreed UConn has what it takes to win it all. Not that i thought otherwise.
But everyone is noticing now :D

Reaction Score
Arkansas surprisingly may have had the most fans there, they bought a ton on the ends of the stadium. UCLA also had a lot there, more than Gonzaga, but the Zags fans held their own.
People at Maui Invitational said Arkansas had the most there as well by a lot.

Reaction Score
I assume this is a joke - if we bring those black jerseys anywhere near this tournament I’d root for another team.
No joke. We’re the road team. They’ve been wearing black. I hate them myself. And grey and silver too. Throwback blues work for me.

Reaction Score
1679636276292.png

UConn opens up -2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members