UConn vs CAL post game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs CAL post game

Reaction Score
From what I’ve seen the last two games, UConn will be in trouble if they get into foul trouble, can’t make 3s, or comes up against a really good 3 point shooting team. The post defense has been surprisingly good so far this season. It’s really the perimeter defense that still needs work.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Interesting ESPN box score. Missed our combined 2 minutes from the bench. :oops:

1545517076495.png

Reaction Score
No I think he just disagreed with the call and reacted to strongly not his plan to stop the game

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Maybe just the effect of the OU game, but UConn seemed a little hesitant to put up 3s. Or was it coach strategy? Or did Cal have a better strategy or performance defending against UConn 3 shooting?

Reaction Score
From what I’ve seen the last two games, UConn will be in trouble if they get into foul trouble, can’t make 3s, or comes up against a really good 3 point shooting team. The post defense has been surprisingly good so far this season. It’s really the perimeter defense that still needs work.

Tell you what, if the last two teams were not good at shooting 3's, let me know when that team arrives.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I think it was the flow of the game. UConn's low post and 5 to 10 ft shots was exceptional today. No reason to rely on the 3 point shots as long as UConn had a double digit lead.
Maybe just the effect of the OU game, but UConn seemed a little hesitant to put up 3s. Or was it coach strategy? Or did Cal have a better strategy or performance defending against UConn 3 shooting?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Actually a pretty substantial writeup so quickly.

Interesting blurb

With a handful of WNBA scouts charting every move, Katie Lou Samuelson led the way with 20 points and 11 rebounds and Napheesa Collier added 16 points and six rebounds. The Huskies limited Cal star Kristine Anigwe to 10 points and 14 rebounds - her 10th straight double-double that came on a day during which she shot only 5-of-16.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
How many last second shots Cal put up and went in? Talk about wrong time and place to get a "T" by Geno.

This is a Public Service Announcement:
For those that signed up to Fubo TV and Sling TV 7 day free trial, don't forget to cancel your subscription. :rolleyes:

5 minutes after the game was over. :cool:

Reaction Score
Lou was good today but as usual this board forgets all about Pheesa. She is undersized against one of the best centers in America in Anigwe and manages to outscore her by 6 and hold her to about 15 under her average! Where's the love for Pheesa! She was the badass in my opinion with the match up she faced today.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
You clearly haven't been paying attention in recent years.
Like most East Coasters, I don't follow the West Coast teams all that much. Is Ionescu an efficient FG shooter or does she rack up most of her points with FTs? (Based on the game w/MissState I guess. Was it characteristic?)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Lou was good today but as usual this board forgets all about Pheesa. She is undersized against one of the best centers in America in Anigwe and manages to outscore her by 6 and hold her to about 15 under her average! Where's the love for Pheesa! She was the badass in my opinion with the match up she faced today.
No, she was the badass again.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Tell you what, if the last two teams were not good at shooting 3's, let me know when that team arrives.

Oklahoma shooting .349 and about 7 makes per game on the year and Cal .305 and 5.8 makes per game. Neither great, Cal in particular.

Reaction Score
They let them play and Pheesa did a great job defending Anigwe. Lou banging the boards and shooting a high percentage. Good games by Crystal, Megan, and Squeaks. Uncharacteristic turnovers and suspect Perimeter defense.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Like most East Coasters, I don't follow the West Coast teams all that much. Is Ionescu an efficient FG shooter or does she rack up most of her points with FTs? (Based on the game w/MissState I guess. Was it characteristic?)
That kid is a baller that does everything well.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

I only listened to the radio but was Pheesa the primary defender on Anigwe or was she doubled consistently?

Reaction Score
Oklahoma shooting .349 and about 7 makes per game on the year and Cal .305 and 5.8 makes per game. Neither great, Cal in particular.

...or does UConn bring out the best of teams?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

That was not a typical game for Ionescu. While she's usually good at drawing fouls, 17 FTA was outside the norm for her, and usually she hits her FGs at a much higher rate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom