UConn vs. Arizona Sell Out? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Arizona Sell Out?

Reaction Score
Didn’t the nova game sell out last year? Felt like it atleast until the team laid a nice egg

Reaction Score
Capacity is down to 15564 after they put the bar in.
Yup. See the box score for the game.

Attendance figure represents new sellout number at XL Center.

https://uconn_ftp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2015-2016/game19.html

Reaction Score
Didn’t the nova game sell out last year? Felt like it atleast until the team laid a nice egg
Box score says it was.

https://uconn_ftp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2017-2018/mbb0120.html

And that game absolutely sucked. Huskies came out like they were still asleep.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
A lot of single seats available now. Just snagged a Section 108 seat.

Post-gaming at Hog River Brewery.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
One thing we should do for the foreseeable future is play Arizona State aka the Hurley Bowl. The Hurleys playing each other should give both schools national exposure.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
One thing we should do for the foreseeable future is play Arizona State aka the Hurley Bowl. The Hurleys playing each other should give both schools national exposure.
I don't think Bobby is on board with it.

I wouldn't be surprised however if they end up in the same bracket come March in the not so distant future. The Selection Committee has a way of inventing story lines.

So don’t expect Arizona State and UConn to meet anytime soon. Dan says he’d be OK with it, as long as it’s for a good cause, like the Never Forget Tribute Classic, in which UConn will face Florida State on Dec. 8 in Newark. But Bobby’s not so sure.

“I wouldn’t, unless I had to, if we were both fortunate enough to be in the NCAA tournament,” he said. “We don’t take losses too well. We care about each other too much.”

Reaction Score

I think Hurley said he didn’t want to do that, at least for now.

Reaction Score
Question. I am going to be about 20 minutes late to the game unfortunately. Where is the best place to park at that point?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Once you get under the upper level overhang at the XL, it's like you're in a different dimension. Regarding crowd noise, it's almost like you're hearing it as if you were holding up a conch shell to your ear....could be just me. I also prefer to sit as close as I can

It's not you. It's worse at a concert.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Classic Genius Chief. This could mean he's watching at his house or at the xl center. Legend
...or not ...plans change.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
But Li'l Heaven isn't one of them.
Since when? I've been getting it from the tap closest to the exit since they opened that area, including at games through last season and concerts this year.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I guess I am part of the problem. Alum and love all Uconn sports. Even though I can get a cheap ticket I refuse to sit in the top portion of the upper levels of the XL. I get to several games a year with better seats and it’s great but the seats they sell for 15 bucks really suck IMO and just being in the building is not worth the crappy view.

However the suggestion of getting to the bar is a good one. What time do doors open and is there a big crowd that tries this move?
I agree that the seats in the upper deck between the baselines suck once you get under the skyboxes, around row P or so. And I hate sitting behind the basket. But I have sat in the upper deck in the corner sections, which for a big game is not horrible.

Reaction Score
Question. I am going to be about 20 minutes late to the game unfortunately. Where is the best place to park at that point?
I park across from Yard Goats Dunkin Donuts Park. $10. 2 blocks from XL. Just off I-91 Trumbull St exit

Reaction Score
I agree that the seats in the upper deck between the baselines suck once you get under the skyboxes, around row P or so. And I hate sitting behind the basket. But I have sat in the upper deck in the corner sections, which for a big game is not horrible.
I'll sit upper deck behind a hoop (as long as not too high up) any day and then tomorrow instead of way up there below the skyboxes.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Looks like the amount of dots is shrinking. There’s chunks in the middle upper deck that are unsold but the top several rows nothing shows to be available. I wonder if they’ve been purchased (probably part of the Black Friday deal) or are just not available. I’ve sat up in the upper upper levels and it sucksss. Especially once you’re above the concrete.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Not posted yet. ESPN BPI currently has -4.3 for UConn or a 64.% chance of winning.
The expectation is that it’s going to be Uconn giving 2.5 or 3. Would be pretty much a push on a neutral court. That’s why it’s so important that the fans show up. XL can be a neutral court if it’s half empty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom