UConn vs. Arizona Sell Out? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Arizona Sell Out?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They have tons of $14 tix available. What has happened to our fanbase?
1543465822344.jpeg

Reaction Score
I think we'll do well. This is the biggest game in years.

I'm sharpening my sword. Totally ready for war again.

Reaction Score
If we don’t sell out it will be more of an indictment on fans being fed up with prices imo. They are just insane

Prices for men's season tickets were around 30 or in the low 30's during the glamor years. As far as attendance, what's wrong with the fans? The team was brutal in the mid-80's and the crowds were bigger. Gampel's "crowds" have been an embarrassment of late. On campus and less than 6,000 last night? Maybe we were crazy, but we drove from the Albany area in the late 80's and early 90's no matter what the weather was like.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I agree that it likely won’t sell out. One thing to note is the upper baseline sections are pretty much full. They were offering those for $15 Black Friday and cyber Monday. Should be a relatively full building but likely not a sell out.

Almost as if they
should sell all the tickets
for
that price?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Should get the spread sometime tomorrow. Game honestly may be a push.

Reaction Score
A win against AZ will ignite more believers to start travelling and spending money again. Beat both AZ and FL State and I predict Nova a sellout at MSG and our home games start gaining more traffic with a few more sellouts at Gampel

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I use vivid. Probably the same thing
Vivid is good. For Uconn I typically try to buy off the athletic website rather than third party. I'd rather have the money go to athletic program then stubhub ppl. I'm no hero, though.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
There will be more than enough of us to make a difference

Reaction Score
IMO it doesn't honestly surprise me at all that the crowds haven't been this good for the early games and for the upcoming Arizona game. This is what happens when you play a lot of cupcake games early on in the year. When you schedule UMASS Lowell, UNH and UMKC as home games, that isn't going to interest a lot of people to go watch a 20+ point blowout. Arizona isn't even ranked this year and doesn't have the usual stud roster/recruiting class this year. You are going to only get a crowd to come when there are great players/teams involved. Coming from a working in sports background this is very common.

Reaction Score

They ruined the fanbase well before this guy. Heck we were wining with JC and wondering where the fannies were a lot. They were winners and it became big business.

Just a quick summary from my point of view. In the 80's-90's before and after JC if you went to the HCC I could find about 100 people a game from my home town of Meriden I'd pretty much run into every other game, and I'm not exaggerating. My guess is about 10-15 of these people went to UConn but they were all loyal fans from that time and many before the 80's. Years later when they started pushing back with $'s to keep your seats or else you're in 212ZZ they began to lose some for various reasons some financially. That's just Meriden can you imagine the other towns and cities in the state of CT with similar fandom?

Not blaming the university or anyone it's just reality. Many of your best fans no longer are part of the annual season ticket world and for that reason now have been habitually happy to watch on TV and not drive 30-60 minutes.

Reaction Score
Stopping in Newark today to get tix. Clemson-MS St at 4pm, UC-FL St at 6:30. Sideline seating (section 7-9, 18-20) ~20 rows up (2/3 way) $95, but $150 and up o/l thru alternative suppliers. Strangely, some tix are less than Pru box office??

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Curious if Hurley isn’t in love with half the home games being at the XL center. You can tell he isn’t infatuated with it. But Arizona will be a packed house for sure even if not a sell out

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They ruined the fanbase well before this guy. Heck we were wining with JC and wondering where the fannies were a lot. They were winners and it became big business.

Just a quick summary from my point of view. In the 80's-90's before and after JC if you went to the HCC I could find about 100 people a game from my home town of Meriden I'd pretty much run into every other game, and I'm not exaggerating. My guess is about 10-15 of these people went to UConn but they were all loyal fans from that time and many before the 80's. Years later when they started pushing back with $'s to keep your seats or else you're in 212ZZ they began to lose some for various reasons some financially. That's just Meriden can you imagine the other towns and cities in the state of CT with similar fandom?

Not blaming the university or anyone it's just reality. Many of your best fans no longer are part of the annual season ticket world and for that reason now have been habitually happy to watch on TV and not drive 30-60 minutes.
Yeah for dregs. You’d always see a packed house for a game of this caliber. We packed it for Witchita and Nova last year but most people probably have PTSD from attending those games and won’t be back.

Reaction Score
How much are adult beverages these days at XL?

Reaction Score
The game will have 15k if not a total sell out by Sunday. That's more then 90% of teams can say for a game between two unranked teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom