UConn v. Tulsa — Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Tulsa — Game Thread

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought she traveled on the previous one (from the left side), as she adjusted her feet for a right foot lift off. But I'd have to see it again in slo mo...
On the steal, she took 3 or 4 short steps before shooting.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
R u kidding. I hope it does not backfire.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
He did this against Cincy a couple years ago. There were very mixed results.

Reaction Score
Azura thinking, "Aww man; why do I get to be the one to chaperone them?" ;)

edit: anyway, my backseat, zero-experience, non-coaching opinion is, "If they're unable to comport themselves properly with regard to the starters, why not have them compete against each other?" Leave some small but reasonable amount of minutes for bench players throughout the game, but make it clear that UConn will happily switch up the minutes from one bench player to the next until the actual good ones start showing something. But then, I'm not the HOF coach, I'm just a guy talking nonsense in a forum. :D

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'd almost like to see the reserves in there without Z.

Reaction Score
Honestly - I think Gens is getting tired of how long it takes to develop some players. He is sending a message - get it together faster.. This is UConn Country!

Reaction Score
Well, I think this is a bit of show-boating on Geno's part. It shouldn't be 4 benchers + Z. He should have worked Meg in first with the starters, then later one or at most 2 more with the starters at a time. The point is to get a a player or two comfortable and effectively working with the starters, not give them artificial playing time en masse.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well, I think this is a bit of show-boating on Geno's part. It shouldn't be 4 benchers + Z. He should have worked Meg in first with the starters, then later one or at most 2 more with the starters at a time. The point is to get a a player or two comfortable and effectively working with the starters, not give them artificial playing time en masse.
The reserves play the UConn starters every day. This shouldn’t be a problem for them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom