UConn v Louisville Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn v Louisville Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
The claws should be out. Very poorly officiated game. Looks like we are playing Rutgers with all the grabbing, hacking and the like.
It's worse than a Rutgers game, cause the Yum Center crowd has adopted Jeff Waltz's emoted whining after every obvious foul call! :mad:

Reaction Score
Seriously? Is this a conspiracy? They are doing a half-time report on bull riding and the bucking bull industry? Can't they at least let my back heal? After my recent experience I have new found respect for bucking bull and horse riders.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Why did Bria sit on the bench for most of the half?

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Kelly reaches in to knock the ball away, called for the foul. Looked pretty clean..... oh well

If she had more twitter fans it wouldn't have been a foul

Reaction Score
Seriously? Is this a conspiracy? They are doing a half-time report on bull riding and the bucking bull industry? Can't they at least let my back heal? After my recent experience I have new found respect for bucking bull and horse riders.
I thought it was a horse for you, Chappy? or were YOU throwing the bull?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Why did Bria sit on the bench for most of the half?
Foul trouble. Considering what the refs let go, it was ridiculous she was called for 2 fouls so early in the game.

Reaction Score
Brianna was whacked in the head which made her stutter step. They called a double dribble. We backed up the DVR to be sure and, yep, Louisville hit hit her.
You can't say it's a poor loser since we're so far ahead but I'm afraid someones going to get hurt. Watch off the ball everytime we try
to cut thru the lane or backcut.Refs cannot keep allowing this to happen . Watch for a big T by Geno if this continues

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
This is actually a good kind of game for us. UL grabbing, holding, pushing. Rough game. No flow. Cutters impeded. Hmmm.

Sound familiar?

Like Notre Dame maybe?

Much the same thing happened in our last 2 games against the Irish. In the NC game, we definitely didn't adjust like we needed to. In the first game of this year, we did a better job but still could have responded better to their style of play.

How will we look in the 2nd half of a similar game, albeit with a much less talented opponent? I would like to see a decided adjustment at the offensive end, since Geno was so adament at half about the need for something different.

We shall see............

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Wow - unusual for him to speak like that at the half. I just hope no one gets hurt.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
I think he's pissed-off (as am I) because he's worried about a potential injury. Kaleena was in a low post position and got rolled up on from behind by her defender like an offensive lineman clipping. Could have been a serious ankle injury as she temporarily hobbled away. Moments later, Tiff gets run over on a what should have been a vicious charge call (blocking called) holding her leg.

Geno will fight fire-with-fire in the 2nd half.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Nice to see that OC's favorite player is still on the team, Shelby Harper.

Reaction Score
I thought it was a horse for you, Chappy? or were YOU throwing the bull?
Horse, but a bucking bull is close enough. In fairness, it wasn't the horse's fault. Vincente was a very nice horse. I had no business wanting to gallop being a pretty inexperienced rider. But you know, you are on vacation, you want to experience the most out of it that you can. Just wasn't expecting a Mexican hospital emergency room to be part of that experience.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Just got in and set up Gametracker. Thanks.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Bria misses the drive in transition, but we get it back on a brick jumper by UL.

Now CDoty for 3 from the baseline!!!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
She IS the Honey Badger tonight, no question!! epitomizing the HB actually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics