UConn v Louisville Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn v Louisville Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UConn doubling Shoni, Shoni turns the ball over.

Frenetic has turned into out of control.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Mosqueda-Lewis reminds me a lot of Arriaran that played for Texas. Arriaran never seemed to have the athleticism to be anything more than a spot up shooter or take a couple of dribbles and shoot. I am not sure that I see the athleticism from KML that I had expected to see. Has anyone else given this any thought? All of the other UCONN guards seem to move at a different pace.

Doty is starting to look VERY good. I am really surprised by her play at this point.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Shimmel (sp?) has so much talent but really plays out of control. Just tries to do too much.
She's got good range...but we'll be happy to give her 35' attempts all night long!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind seeing us a little more aggressive with the ball in a chippy game like this, to force the foul calls and get to the line a little bit. Haven't been to the line much at all IIRC

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Mosqueda-Lewis reminds me a lot of Arriaran that played for Texas. Arriaran never seemed to have the athleticism to be anything more than a spot up shooter or take a couple of dribbles and shoot. I am not sure that I see the athleticism from KML that I had expected to see. Has anyone else given this any thought? All of the other UCONN guards seem to move at a different pace.
She is more than a scorer. he is a terrific rebounder and pretty good defender. Only a freshman, she will only get better.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

She is a much better athlete than I think you are giving her credit for - she has actually gotten a lot of props so far this season for just that reason, being much better than just a shooter........

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
I don't mind rough or even a little chippy play...this is the BEast! But the officiating is another matter and needs to keep the calls even.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
She can post up, plays really good D for a frosh, and just works hard. Just needs more time in UConn's S&C program. SHe's already done a great job transforming her body from high school.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind seeing us a little more aggressive with the ball in a chippy game like this, to force the foul calls and get to the line a little bit. Haven't been to the line much at all IIRC
Refs are letting them play.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I don't think she is unathletic at all. UConn's guards are pretty quick, that's true, but if you watch KML closely during the games she is crazy strong and does a LOT. Goes inside, battles for rebounds, runs the floor, plays good D...

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Tiff posts up, but then turns to the hoop and shoots with her left hand, needed to use the right from in close

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ville is tired, out of position on D and holding players. getting fouls calls now.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Would like to see Banks make an impact, she needs a confidence booster

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Banks with an illadvised shot (IMO) but gets it to go !!!!

-- she dribbled into traffic and put up kind of a little prayer, which was answered :cool:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Wow...might have been travelling there...but since no call, nice drive by Banks!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Kelly reaches in to knock the ball away, called for the foul. Looked pretty clean..... oh well

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Banks with a carry as she thought she was going to pass but then decided to take it - ugh.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She is a much better athlete than I think you are giving her credit for - she has actually gotten a lot of props so far this season for just that reason, being much better than just a shooter........

I would like to see her blow past her defender and get to the basket. I am not sure that I have seen her do that this year, which makes me wonder if foot speed is a concern.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Schimmel shakes and bakes on a quick pull up 3 over Doty

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
That's an obvious charge. Louisville fans are being silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom