UConn v Louisville Game Thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

UConn v Louisville Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
I think the T on Walz was just to cover Dee's tracks - Now it won't like outwardly look like a gotcha !" on Geno

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Not sure what Kantner T'd Jeff up for but he said afterwords, "You've got to be kidding me." Kantner may have had rabbit ears.

Kantner's crew has officiated several terrible games this season and not just UConn games.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Schimmel = Simmons of Tenn. Great Shooter but takes some questionable shots to get her points. Rather have KML, KML might not make as many shots, but her 3 point shots are usually taken within the offense and won't take poor shots.
Played college ball with a Schimmel-type gunner/ball hog teammate...it's not fun and almost never helps the team in the long run.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If KML does not find her game it will be hard for UCONN to win a championship. She used to come off the bench and be a difference maker.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
This is the type of rough play the BG experienced her entire freshman season. A year of that would make you want to punch someone.

Looked like Stefanie wanted to do a little punching at one point. I'm glad Debbie Antonelli criticized the incredibly rough play. As I said after the ND game, it looked more like a boxing match than a basketball game and Geno felt the need to say something about it at half time. But although the Huskies came out ahead, this style of play by their opponents definitely shakes them up.

Reaction Score
i'd like a lot to face them in the BET.
I wonder if the officials have someone who watches over games such as this qand rates the refs.I juust think it's so unfair for our ladies
to play so hard and not get frustrated which they did. They were getting held or hit on everyplay with no calls.Awful

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Geno should have gotten a technical. I guarantee you that Mulkey would have.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
If KML does not find her game it will be hard for UCONN to win a championship. She used to come off the bench and be a difference maker.

I'm confident she will fare better in an actual basketball game. This was more like Hockey or Football.

Antonelli says it was a great game. NO it was a close game. Actual it was a crummy game for those who like to see quality basketball.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
I wonder if the officials have someone who watches over games such as this qand rates the refs.I juust think it's so unfair for our ladies
to play so hard and not get frustrated which they did. They were getting held or hit on everyplay with no calls.Awful

If they are in a union like baseball umps there is no getting rid of even the most incompetent ref

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Tough and gutty win under very difficult conditions. The gals showed some true grit tonight. Got a real bad taste in my mouth for this L'Ville team and Walz. They're now officially in my former Rutgers/Cuse thouse!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I don't know, this game makes me kind of optimistic. A tough game in a hostile environment and not shooting well against a #20 team and putrid officiating and we still figured out how to win.

We never stopped moving without the ball and started standing around and we got good shots even if they weren't falling.

Sure there was a lot of angst but even when Tiff went out the team did not waiver with a lot of people in heavy foul trouble. As always our commitment to defense was what won the game even when the whistles were blowing.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Like I said, DEe Kantner WILL ref every big WCBB game. Get used to it. Someone thinks she is the best Ref in WCBB.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Uconn shot 36%, LV 25%. UGLY. Uconn took 29 3pt shots out of 55 total shots. GENO WILL NOT BE HAPPY.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Game was different then I thought. Predicted a close game with UConn pulling away late. UConn had an early 21 point lead and then had to hold on to win. I suspect Georgetown will play a similar game on Saturday.

Reaction Score
If Geno's post-game presser is broadcast, please provide a link!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Not sure what Kantner T'd Jeff up for but he said afterwords, "You've got to be kidding me." Kantner may have had rabbit ears.

Kantner's crew has officiated several terrible games this season and not just UConn games.

I agree. If the crew took control of this in the first half it would have calmed down.
I thought Dolson was getting bounced all over and slapped in the first 10 or so minutes of the game and wasn't protected by the refs at all. And of course we saw her frustration boil over later in the game.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It was ugly. The refs should be ashamed of themselves for not getting this under control early.

When Dolson and the other post player tangled there should have been a stoppage of play right there and maybe double technicals. Both players were guilty of a little extra activity. That play set the tone for the rest of the game.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Geno gives Jeff W a pat on the head and a handshake, Walz was trying to do a walk-by. Crowd booing.

Time to get the hell out of Louisville.
Never good to get a cheek pat from the Godfather. ;)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not true. Dhe's only a freshman; it's up to Hayes and Doty to carry the load as upperclassmen. The Huskies need those two plus one post player to win the championship. I'm not sure why you keep harping on Kaleena's "deficiencies", as you see them.

Glad to see Caroline upping her game as the season progresses. Very timely.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Game was different then I thought. Predicted a close game with UConn pulling away late. UConn had an early 21 point lead and then had to hold on to win. I suspect Georgetown will play a similar game on Saturday.

I said 40. Way off!

Conference play is tough! Like was commented during the Baylor vs. OU game, the teams see you twice a year and don't have that shock factor. That is why a conference win should never be critiqued too heavily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom