UCONN - UNC Post game thread | The Boneyard

UCONN - UNC Post game thread

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
A much needed win for sure! Paige was incredible with an amazing shooting % (11-14). And she did everything out there. Nika was uncharacteristically sloppy with the ball but that dagger 3 capped off a 12 point night.

I thought everyone on the team had their moments. Aaliyah battled the entire game. Aubrey had some great plays. Ashlynn - she continues to play really well. KK's shot was off but played with energy. Not sure what's going on with Ice, or Q (don't think we saw them in the 2nd half at all), but still...

At this time I don't really feel like UCONN is a top 15 team - but they are going to spend the next few months getting acclimated to the seismic shift of injuries the team has had to endure. Bottom line a great win for the entire team. I hope they feel really good about themselves - and the fans should as well.

Oh, and by the way, that 3rd quarter showed the potential of what this team can look like when percolating and firing on all cylinders!

*note - had to edit it to spell "uncharacteristically" correctly LOL. auto corrected to "narcissistically" LOL...

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1702252803570.png

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Paige was brilliant. 4 blocks? Who’d a thunk it?

On the negative side, Nika made 4 threes but had 6 turnovers and was beaten on numerous occasions off the dribble defensively.

Great win against a well coached, somewhat depleted NC team.

Reaction Score
That’s our win condition. Paige was the most dominant player on the court today. Unstoppable scoring, steals, blocks, forcing turnovers, the whole package. All that while sleepwalking the 4th quarter (not great but we won so I won’t complain lol)

Reaction Score
Another good win! I admit I got nervous in Q1, but UConn looked pretty solid the whole game.

Reaction Score

On the negative side, Nika made 4 threes but had 6 turnovers and was beaten on numerous occasions off the dribble defensively.

Pretty sloppy game by Uconn. Lotts of unforced silly turnovers. And still can't make layups, how many times they hit the botttom of the rim or the backboard ?

Reaction Score
We put two good runs together and added great defensive effort for a solid win. Hoping we could add more balanced scoring and have more players looking to score than pass. This game worked with a small line-up but required about six players to pull it off. We really need more inside help. Many of our passes hit our players in the back! Why can't all players have an eye on the ball????

Reaction Score

Yes, Paige made it happen. Outstanding effort!

Nika definitely had some questionable plays today. But without someone not Paige doing well at the perimeter, this team will have a very hard time winning. And today, the team only made 8 threes and Nika had 4 of those.

Reaction Score

I wonder if something is going on with Nika physically. In most games this year, last year's league defensive player of the year has been consistently beaten off the dribble, and not just by the quick players. Paige on the other hand, seems to be able to keep up and put her body in front of the driver.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
#5 still alive! Please do not disassemble. Nika finally shoots. Shade for the most part played good defense on Donarski. Deja Kelly throws a mean elbow. Aubs was real good tonight.
It looked to me in the 4th quarter that Deja Kelly gave Nika a forearm while dribbling and Nika got called for a block?????? :eek:

Reaction Score
We put two good runs together and added great defensive effort for a solid win. Hoping we could add more balanced scoring and have more players looking to score than pass. This game worked with a small line-up but required about six players to pull it off. We really need more inside help. Many of our passes hit our players in the back! Why can't all players have an eye on the ball????
Some of those UCONN passes were painful to watch.... but while we lost the rebounding battle, 33 - 43, the Huskies
made it hard for those big Tarheels to score underneath. I'll have to look up the actual " in the paint" scoring.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom