UConn @ UMass (4/16/19 @ 3p) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn @ UMass (4/16/19 @ 3p)

Reaction Score
Bases loaded, no out, 1 run in. Santos could not find the strike zone today. Kenny Haus into the game.

Reaction Score
If Santos is going to come in and get a chance and do nothing but walk guys, throw wild pitches and hit guys I would rather be done with him as he is a Senior and if he hasn't figured out by now he won't. Rather see Sanderson who is at least a FR and can hopefully grow from opportunity.

Santos has had a few good outings in a row, but not today. It happens. Guessing he will maintain his role of closing out lopsided midweek games instead of moving up in the bullpen pitching chain.

Reaction Score
Game is now 10-5 with 2 runners on, Haus gets a strikeout for the first out. Wurster starting to warm up just in case. Fly out for the second out.

Reaction Score
Ridiculous. Tying run coming to the plate. This is why you don't take the foot off the pedal when you have an 8-1 lead after 3.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
They only have two frigging hits this inning (1 that didn't leave the infield). Totally unacceptable by Santos.

Reaction Score
I just hope Penders didn't screw around too long before deciding to bring in a reliable arm.

Reaction Score
Wurster walks the first batter, but gets the final out on a fly out to the wall and the save, UConn the 10-7 win.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I just hope Penders didn't screw around too long before deciding to bring in a reliable arm.
I agree to an extent but you also can't waste arms that you'd like to use tomorrow. They should be fine for the weekend.

Reaction Score
I agree to an extent but you also can't waste arms that you'd like to use tomorrow. They should be fine for the weekend.
I agree also that you use guys that don't often pitch in a 10-2 score midweek game. Just don't think you wait until tying run is at the plate before you put in the reliable arm.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Another nice effort that turned ugly late when a young arm goes haywire
As I remember Santos did the same thing last week - walking the 1st 3 batters
I understand Penders using him today but I would have said one batter at a time - walk the 1st and pull him
HAVE TO win these games
It's a win but could have been a real catastrophe

Reaction Score
Another nice effort that turned ugly late when a young arm goes haywire
As I remember Santos did the same thing last week - walking the 1st 3 batters
I understand Penders using him today but I would have said one batter at a time - walk the 1st and pull him
HAVE TO win these games
It's a win but could have been a real catastrophe

If it was last week, it wasn't Santos. He had about 3 good outings in a row before this game where he couldn't throw a strike. You may be thinking of Sanderson.

Reaction Score

An interesting interview, as always. For one, you don't see too many of these interviews where Coach Penders is rendered almost absolutely speechless. That was something. What were you contemplating during that 9th inning? Early retirement! Priceless. Anyway, as Penders said, Santos has been good lately, but this time was trying to throw the ball 100 mph, and the result is a no control outing. After that Haus comes in, is effective, but just has very bad luck with where the ball goes. Then Penders has to give the ball to Wurster, and ends up with a fly ball to the wall.

Reaction Score
BSB Holds On at UMass, 10-7 - University of Connecticut Athletics

Notes
  • Christian Fedko tied a UConn season-high with four RBIs on Tuesday. Fedko also had four RBIs against No. 4 Louisville on Feb. 17 after hitting his first career grand slam.
  • UConn is 6-1 in northeast midweek games.
  • UConn grabbed its 17th road/neutral site win. That is tied for second most in the country.
Next up, the Huskies travel to No. 12 ECU for a three-game series with the Pirates beginning on Thursday, April 18 at 6:30 p.m.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom