UConn @ UMass (4/16/19 @ 3p) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn @ UMass (4/16/19 @ 3p)

Reaction Score
Because he is going to go in the MLB draft this June. I would be very surprised if he doesn't get drafted.
Prato has always been a plus hitter, has extremely good base running instincts, plus speed and could be a solid fielder (see him as second basemen in pros- doesn't have range or arm to play SS). Agreed he is gonna be drafted and like many previous huskies is gonna follow his dream...can't blame the kid one bit.

Reaction Score
Because he is going to go in the MLB draft this June. I would be very surprised if he doesn't get drafted.
I understand he is getting drafted. But are we assuming he will get drafted in first 5 rounds, 10 rounds or what? Why is it a given he will leave if he is not drafted early enough. What is early enough?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Don’t feel too great heading into the ECU series but baseball is a funny sport.

Reaction Score
The only solace is that how this team has played mid week seems to provide no indicator for how it will play on weekend. They had a nice UCF weekend and good mid week before looking completely lost against Cincinnati. A humbling game going into the biggest weekend series might not be a bad thing.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
The only solace is that how this team has played mid week seems to provide no indicator for how it will play on weekend. They had a nice UCF weekend and good mid week before looking completely lost against Cincinnati. A humbling game going into the biggest weekend series might not be a bad thing.

I thought we looked like crap in the two midweek games preceding the Cincy debacle. Otherwise, I agree; we looked excellent vs Bryant and Northeastern last week, then struggled vs. Memphis.

I also thought we played well yesterday until the last inning.

Reaction Score
I understand he is getting drafted. But are we assuming he will get drafted in first 5 rounds, 10 rounds or what? Why is it a given he will leave if he is not drafted early enough. What is early enough?

From what I've seen, college players who get drafted usually go pro. There are exceptions such as LJ Mazzilli, but I've learned not to hold my breath that they might stay when it comes to anyone being picked.

Reaction Score
There's no exact science but first 10 rounds is virtually a lock to sign with the bonus pool rules. Rounds 10-20 are pretty good bets for college guys to sign if taken as well

Reaction Score
I would think if he came back for Senior year he could even improve his status and from what the experts say, the player probably gets more out of the college level competition than what he would play against in lower levels of minor league ball. Just seems we rarely have guys (LJ exception) come back for Sr. year but you see these top notch programs down south get guys drafted early and they still come back for Senior year or still enroll as FR. Wish we could get some of these guys to stay here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom