UConn & UC to ACC? Who is this guy? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn & UC to ACC? Who is this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
His positive side was his passion for UConn, his down side was that his negativity toward P&GDL mushroomed into too much negativity overall. But P&GDL are gone, he's back on positive and his mania would do this site good.

Reaction Score
Oh please, those who boosted his ego had him thinking he is a message board star.

Reaction Score
In case you missed it his back and forth on twitter with the dude was entertaining.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One benefit of his banning is that he hasn't been able to add to the Bourbon thread. God knows what he would do to that.

Joking aside, he did appear to be a good kid with an immense amount of passion for my (and likely his) alma mater. He did lack control and when he hit the bottle a bit too much more often than not became unbearable. My method of dealing with those instances was merely not reading his posts but it I were an admin on this board I may have taken a stance more similar to what the admins did.

Hopefully we will grow up a bit and at that point be allowed to return.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Oh please, those who boosted his ego had him thinking he is a message board star.
One benefit of his banning is that he hasn't been able to add to the Bourbon thread. God knows what he would do to that.

Joking aside, he did appear to be a good kid with an immense amount of passion for my (and likely his) alma mater. He did lack control and when he hit the bottle a bit too much more often than not became unbearable. My method of dealing with those instances was merely not reading his posts but it I were an admin on this board I may have taken a stance more similar to what the admins did.

Hopefully we will grow up a bit and at that point be allowed to return.

"Hopefully we will grow up a bit and at that point be allowed to return."

Fish Daddy rapped my knuckles and sent me to my room last night without my cake or gameboy after I questioned this, so not likely to happen...

Beware when questioning your authority figures!

Reaction Score
He's a WestConn student who's parents went to UConn. I have no idea how he got into Fairfield Prep.

Reaction Score
I would have been totally okay with him if he used punctuation or capital letters. Reading his posts was a painful exercise.

Reaction Score
I always thought there were two HFDs,
Or at least one bi-polar one.
His extreme optimism in CR was equally matched by his pessimism on the football board. I liked the optimist because in our situation it's all we have.
It's good that he is not a UConn grad. I don't think the rest of the country understands the passion for UConn by state residents who never attended.
We may not be in the Nebraska,Kentucky ,but we could be.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
He used to be entertaining, but not much lately. I think he actually believes if he makes up a fake story on UConn joining another conference, then gets enough people to retweet / repost it, that it'll cause that fake story to become real. Or something. He does have a gift for whipping up the internets into a frenzy, but there's never been a payoff to that. Or maybe he has a need for approval that manifests in saying crazy * to get a reaction from people on social media. (case in point) I think it's appropriate he doesn't post on the board, medic is doing a good job picking up the recruiting info. If you need HFD for ts and giggles just follow him on twitter, and then go follow Jeff Jacobs for actual leaks from UConn.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
The thought of HFD having any interaction with recruits makes me uncomfortable. Luckily, I don't think there is any way he could be considered a booster.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
also pretty sure he want to WNEC - not UConn or West Conn. His user name on the old board is WNECgrad

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
He used to be entertaining, but not much lately. I think he actually believes if he makes up a fake story on UConn joining another conference, then gets enough people to retweet / repost it, that it'll cause that fake story to become real. Or something. He does have a gift for whipping up the internets into a frenzy, but there's never been a payoff to that. Or maybe he has a need for approval that manifests in saying crazy to get a reaction from people on social media. (case in point) I think it's appropriate he doesn't post on the board, medic is doing a good job picking up the recruiting info. If you need HFD for s and giggles just follow him on twitter, and then go follow Jeff Jacobs for actual leaks from UConn.

Its probably my fault, I said I missed the realignment BS in the HFD poll on the mens bball board and I am slightly entertained by the latest pot stir. Hope springs eternal.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He is the worst online personality of any that I have ever come across on the entire internet.
Then you really haven't explored the board enough, never mind the rest of the internet.

What I find interesting is not the banning, that happens - although very rarely here, but the shunning of the guy. For a while it seemed like the mere mention of his name would be grounds for ex-communication. Fishy or another mod said it wasn't what you read on the board, rather it was never made here that caused him to be banned. Having never seen it I can only shrug. He was harmless enough from what I did see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He drove me crazy as well and neeeded a timeout. That said I would love for him to be freed up on Saturday nights from 10-midnight. He gets one thread and can post whatever he wants (within reason of course).

I think it would become a must see. At midnight he's shut off until the following Saturday at 10 PM.

What would really be cool is to see him live on a Google hangout. A live HFD would be priceless.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't get why he was banned but I don't know the story so whatever. All I know is there is an ignore button and for some reason nobody uses it(including me). Give dan another chance

Reaction Score
That said I would love for him to be freed up on Saturday nights from 10-midnight. He gets one thread and can post whatever he wants (within reason of course).
Reading this, I disturbingly got a visual from Pulp Fiction...."Bring out the gimp"

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
He was allowed in a game chat a couple weeks ago, I didn't ask why.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
"Hopefully we will grow up a bit and at that point be allowed to return."

Fish Daddy rapped my knuckles and sent me to my room last night without my cake or gameboy after I questioned this, so not likely to happen...

Beware when questioning your authority figures!
My error, I meant to type he, not we.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't get why he was banned but I don't know the story so whatever. All I know is there is an ignore button and for some reason nobody uses it(including me). Give dan another chance
Oh it is used. It makes the board far, far more readable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom