"UConn Trying to Snatch $10 Million for a Phone Call with Ray Allen" | Page 11 | The Boneyard

"UConn Trying to Snatch $10 Million for a Phone Call with Ray Allen"

Reaction Score
Yes. What does Glen Miller owe the program? He was fired. I understand that as fans we like to think that there is some deeper allegiance to the program that transcends personal interest, but there's not. He won two titles here in his second go-around alone and has earned the trust of one of the greatest basketball coaches to ever live. He knows basketball. He can scout and gameplan with the best of them.

Perhaps he feels little remorse for throwing a program under the bus that employed an out-of-control head coach. Maybe he felt disrespected as the most tenured member of a relatively young coaching staff. More likely, he wanted to stick it to the school that came crying back after scapegoating him the year before.

"These guys want me to thread a needle so they can save on the buyout without disturbing their newest investment. The nerve. I think I'll watch the world burn instead."
what are you talking about? the school couldn't force Ollie to keep him as a coach

Reaction Score
I think the moderators should be ashamed of themselves for allowing these threads to turn into debates that get hijacked by a select few who have their own agenda. This is a UConn Athletics "Fan" board not a forum to discuss how to destroy UConn Athletics, the AD and the schools president, who I think have done great jobs saving the football program and men's basketball program, and have elevated UCONN's academic standing to the point where the school had 40,000 undergraduate applicants last spring, and approx 15,000 graduate applicants. The fact that this school is growing by leaps and bounds in the quality of it's education programs, and it's facilities is amazing to me.

LOL. Yes, we need more censorship. The countless people defending the weakest move I can remember should feel more empowered and we should drown out any dissenting voices.

Reaction Score
what are you talking about? the school couldn't force Ollie to keep him as a coach

No, but they still ultimately sided with Ollie by maintaining him after a disappointing year and then giving him the power to can a long-term assistant.

I could be overthinking it. Glen Miller might have no animosity towards the school and the school had to suffer the collateral damage of his beef with Ollie. Either way, while I don't agree with what he did, I can understand it.

Reaction Score
Who?
A) The departed fired for cause?
B) The previously fired, subsequent rat?
C) All of the above?

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez...known as the Rat...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes. What does Glen Miller owe the program? He was fired. I understand that as fans we like to think that there is some deeper allegiance to the program that transcends personal interest, but there's not. He won two titles here in his second go-around alone and has earned the trust of one of the greatest basketball coaches to ever live. He knows basketball. He can scout and gameplan with the best of them.

Perhaps he feels little remorse for throwing a program under the bus that employed an out-of-control head coach. Maybe he felt disrespected as the most tenured member of a relatively young coaching staff. More likely, he wanted to stick it to the school that came crying back after scapegoating him the year before.

"These guys want me to thread a needle so they can save on the buyout without disturbing their newest investment. The nerve. I think I'll watch the world burn instead."

I didn't say he owed anything. I said he I'd rather not hire a guy who will rat me out to the NCAA if I fire him.

Reaction Score
LOL. Yes, we need more censorship. The countless people defending the weakest move I can remember should feel more empowered and we should drown out any dissenting voices.
You're disgusting.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
OK, everybody out of the pool, and go watch the Ray Allen dunk mix that @tcf15 posted.
If Ray's going to be considered a booster, then let's all get a little boost.
He's not calling us, and we're not calling him, and that's OK by me.
If you want to come back here afterward, so be it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Inept administration conspires behind the scenes with fired assistant to create fake case to justify firing head coach for cause. Do I have this right?

Well the entire case isn't fake. Assuming that the Atlanta trip is true, that's a violation and if Ollie certified three times with Benedict there were no violations that would be the worst item we've seen to date.

But you've got the tune if not all they lyrics.

Reaction Score
Who?
A) The departed fired for cause?
B) The previously fired, subsequent rat?
C) All of the above?
Rat ? Really ? Fact of the matter is, he should have reported these violations DURING his tenure at UConn, not after.

Reaction Score
Rat ? Really ? Fact of the matter is, he should have reported these violations DURING his tenure at UConn, not after.
Overused, unproven description at this point perhaps. Yet, rolling with your "Fact of the matter" failure to report alleged violations DURING his UConn tenure portrayal, the subsequent attempted butt-saving rather reeks rodentia. Really!

conceptual-photogrpah-of-a-business-man-stuck-in-a-mouse-trap-as-he-picture-idrbrb_1669

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

If that was standard practice for assistants, there'd be no coaches left anywhere. Part of the job of an assistant is to enable the HC (to a degree) and be the fall guy if necessary. That's major college sports.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom