UConn To Reclaim E.O. Smith? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn To Reclaim E.O. Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Mr. Wonderful said:
It's not realistic to expect to change such a strongly held opinion with just a few posts on a message board, but if the reader would set aside his cognitive dissonance for one moment and consider a different perspective, you may learn something.

Mansfield residents taking the rap for standing in the way of UConn progress is like blaming the World Trade Center for standing in the way of those planes.

I challenge you to name one project the residents have successfully blocked? Everyone brings up Pfizer, but the resistance put up by the university's own community dwarfed any contribution by Mansfield town residents. Convenient to find such an easy scapegoat, though.

That is partially true. There was resistance from some of the faculty. The Ag school primarily, but it was the public too. DEP, took that as justification to crusade against any development of the north campus.

So technically, you are correct the public really had no say, neither did the faculty, but that opposition was the direct reason for the delay.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
It has been many years since I was a Mansfield resident, but I am an E.O. Smith, Mansfield Middle School, Northwest Elementary (now called Goodwin) and Storrs Grammar School alum. I would be sad to see EOS go, but time and progress moves on. The town did put a big pile of cash into the renovation of EOS a few years back, so it would not be just for the University to acquire the school for pennies in the dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom