UConn To Reclaim E.O. Smith? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn To Reclaim E.O. Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We must be very careful what we say, it appears one of them lurks amongst us.

Oh my apologies, I didn't realize that growing up in the same town that the university whose athletic program you all root for made it illegal for me to be a fan too and come here to discuss UCONN athletics. Don't mind me and go back to your fantasies about blowing up the town.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I self qualify as somewhat of an expert in these matters and Mansfield has the worst ideas when it comes to it's relationship with UConn.

They could have everything they want, low taxes, farm preservation, economic development, and the educational and cultural opportunities galore if they only got past the adversarial head trauma infecting most of the people in charge.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Oh my apologies, I didn't realize that growing up in the same town that the university whose athletic program you all root for made it illegal for me to be a fan too and come here to discuss UCONN athletics. Don't mind me and go back to your fantasies about blowing up the town.

Nobody wants to "blow up the town", we just want to bring it and the University into the 21st century.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Nobody wants to "blow up the town", we just want to bring it and the University into the 21st century.

Are you reading this thread?

Reaction Score
I actually say blow it up, we need to make a highway from 84 to UConn so we can build an on campus football stadium.

Reaction Score
Totally normal school of thought and not dickish at all. Hats off to ya.

To hell with it blow it up and make a bowling alley for all i care, EO smith is in a convenient space, the University could use it. I hope for a new Parking Lot and FBALL stadium.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I'd seriously like to know what the main gripe is from a local. It's not like they are taking over the whole town. The university is in a fairly confined space.

Reaction Score
I'm saying the University has made a decisive executive change. Locals may not have seen this yet. There are meetings in all fronts in development going forward. Is this due to past history? Yup

Reaction Score
I actually say blow it up, we need to make a highway from 84 to UConn so we can build an on campus football stadium.

I envision a double envelopment maneuver with two columns of panzers, it'll take a day or two tops. Then there will be mop-up operations, fighting in the rubble and sewers....wait, does Mansfield have sewers?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
There is a reason the town that UConn is surrounded by is known as the "People's Republic of Mansfield" in Hartford.

Sorry stairmaster - you may as well have been born in Tripoli, 3 Mile Island, or Mogadishu.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
The Storrs-Mansfield locals in this thread are definitely doing a good job in this thread of changing people's perception of them.

Okay fine. Use neutron bombs and panzers on the town. Cause that's awfully mature and in touch with reality. And spending four drunk years in town entitles you all to decide that.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I'd seriously like to know what the main gripe is from a local. It's not like they are taking over the whole town. The university is in a fairly confined space.

I don't care about the EO Smith site. It's the "blow up the town" numbskulls that piss me off. My family has the deed to our land, not the university. Did you guys all know that other people live in Mansfield on land that is not owned by the state? If campus was located in any of the towns where you live, I'm pretty sure none of you would sacrifice your private property for the sake of some bozos on a message board.

Reaction Score
I don't care about the EO Smith site. It's the "blow up the town" numbskulls that piss me off. My family has the deed to our land, not the university. Did you guys all know that other people live in Mansfield on land that is not owned by the state? If campus was located in any of the towns where you live, I'm pretty sure none of you would sacrifice your private property for the sake of some bozos on a message board.
If I had to give up my land, first born child, and left ball and it gave UConn a much greater chance of getting out of the hell hole that is the AAC and into a P5 conference, please tell me where I can sign.

Reaction Score
Okay fine. Use neutron bombs and panzers on the town. Cause that's awfully mature and in touch with reality. And spending four drunk years in town entitles you all to decide that.

Stop whining, we just want whats best for the University..

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

You have it perfectly backwards.

No one is worried about your dopey half-acre.

Their concern is the land owned by the University and progress that is somehow constantly held up by the residents.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Stairmaster said:

That doesn't explain the local resistance to everything Uconn does.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
You have it perfectly backwards.

No one is worried about your dopey half-acre.

Their concern is the land owned by the University and progress that is somehow constantly held up by the residents.

That's not what I'm reading here, boss.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
That doesn't explain the local resistance to everything Uconn does.

I don't speak for every other resident. Despite what you read here, we're not a hivemind of duck*ing insects.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
If I had to give up my land, first born child, and left ball and it gave UConn a much greater chance of getting out of the hell hole that is the AAC and into a P5 conference, please tell me where I can sign.

Oh, a guy talking tough on a message board! I love it!

Just an aside, I'm pretty sure child sacrifice isn't the kind of publicity that would impress conference officials. Nor is running tanks through an entire town. But go ahead, you guys can live in your fantasy world and sacrifice your kids and send pictures to Jim Delany. It'll work if you believe hard enough!

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I honestly wouldn't put it past the people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom