UConn to Play Tenn Again in 2020 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn to Play Tenn Again in 2020

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Dkk86XHUUAADYrf

“The Basketball Hall of Fame is proud to celebrate all levels of the game for both men and women,” John L. Doleva, president and CEO of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame said in a statement. “When it comes to women’s college hoops, there’s no match-up more highly anticipated than that of UConn versus Tennessee. We’re so proud to unite these teams in a contest benefiting great causes and honoring the late Hall of Famer Pat Summitt.”

UConn And Tennessee To Renew Rivalry In 2019-2020 Season

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Meh
The only seismic news that could come out about WBB, affecting Uconn, is Geno’s retirement. Everything else is just fluff.

I’ll watch this game, and a neutral location within a reasonable distance I’d even like to go. But all this twitter stuff is Just blowing a lot of hot air.

Uconn v ND is the rivalry now. This, this is just an another opportunity for Uconn to wipe the floor with an opponent.
I agree--seismic is a big overstatement.

Yes, indeed, UConn v. ND is the big rivalry now!

Last edited:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
One of yall needs to remind me before hand... Imma need to pick up some top quality ear plugs.. I can't imagine the sound that the wailing and gnashing of teeth would produce coming east from Tennessee into NC in case UConn puts a 50 point monkey stomping on that orange team :cool:

Thinking_Face_Emoji_large.png

:p

Reaction Score
I get this is something that hasn't happened in a long time...and I suppose we all thought the two programs would never schedule each other "voluntarily"... and would only play each other if forced to in an NCAA Tournament game... BUT... the ground did not shake as far as I noticed. Hope it will be a competitive series.
Lady Vols changed from Adidas to Nike. UCONN is a big Nike school...conclusion..Nike pushed the button..just my opinion.

Reaction Score

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The proceeds from the games played between these 2 teams are going to a great cause. The Pat Summit Foundation for Alzheimers Disease.

A portion of proceeds benefitting the Pat Summitt Foundation and the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Recruiting really hasn't been an issue for them. Just the play on the court.

might help UConn recruiting if the series continues long term.............lot's of good young players in Tennessee area..........

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Strictly from a roster standpoint, the two teams will be pretty even in terms if personnel when 2020 gets here. Dangerfield will likely be the best player on the floor in the first game. Other than ONO, Tennessee will have a definite advantage in terms of height and inside presence.

Tennessee (current projected roster)
Kamera Harris - Senior
Rennia Davis - Junior
Anastasia Hayes - Junior
Kasi Kushkituah - Junior
Evina Westbrook - Junior
Rae Burrell - Sophomore
Mimi Collins - Sophomore
Zay Green - Sophomore
Jazmine Massengill - Sophomore
Tamari Key - Freshman
Emily Saunders - Freshman

UConn (current projected roster)
Molly Bent - Senior
Crystal Dangerfield - Senior
Kyla Irwin - Senior
Batouly Camara - Senior
Mikayla Coombs - Junior
Megan Walker - Junior
Lexi Gordon - Junior
Christyn Williams - Sophomore
Olivia Nelson Ododa - Sophomore

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not overly excited about the renewal. I like that proceeds will go to the Summit Foundation.

My only request - play the game in Gampel. Its UConn's home court. No XL Center. Pack the house! Crazied UConn student section leading the charge. The noise level will be intimidating and that is what should happen.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think that by and large Husky fans are happy to renew the rivalry - but suspect it's not a big deal either way for most of us. On the other hand, UT fans still consider Geno the devil incarnate and are really going to go nuts over this. My nephew married into a family of rabid UT fans and boy do they dislike anything to do with UConn!

Well, lets see. Somebody start a poll right now so we can see where the boneyard faithfull stand on the resumption of games with Tennessee.

Last edited by a moderator:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah I can't get too worked up about this either. Tennessee is not a dominant program like it once was and too much time has passed.

Also no Pat Summitt vs. Geno which was an aspect of that rivalry that helped to make it legendary.
And the meetings were meaningful either 1 vs. 2 or in the NCAA tourney. I give the whole thing a collective "Meh" but if Geno wants to do it, I'm down with it.

An interesting point, Tenn is trying to back out of a home and away for UConn football, was this quid pro quo for them coming to Hartford? It it wasn't, it ought to have been.

I love how Holly is all "YES!!" and Geno is all "Whatever."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not at all happy about this. Never wanted to play the Evil Empire ever again. They certainly don't deserve UCONN to deign to play them.

Just disgusting. Makes me sick to my stomach.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Lady Vols changed from Adidas to Nike. UCONN is a big Nike school...conclusion..Nike pushed the button..just my opinion.
You may be on to something there.

Reaction Score
ESPN must be dangling some $$$ in front of the teams. I'm underwhelmed. And if the game is in in the 2019-20 season we can look forward to at least 1.5 years of incessant hype.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom