UConn to Play Tenn Again in 2020 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn to Play Tenn Again in 2020

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I would say "mark your calendars for 1/23/2020" but surely no one is in possession of a 2020 calendar. So, um, put that date in your phones?

Besides the Notre Dame game, this one will be the biggest and most talked about (most watched) game on the schedule. :eek: I never thought I'd see it happen!?!

We all know that the networks and the print media very much wanted the resumption of this series. It's being reported that the Naismith Hall of Fame brokered the deal.

A report says: "A "portion" of proceeds benefitting the Pat Summitt Foundation and the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame". This may have been a decision that was made by the administration, and was not left up to Geno. :rolleyes: I know UConn can use the $$$, but I can't see Geno selling out Maya and her mom for any amount of money.

From what I understand, UConn (Geno) was OK with never playing Tenn again, as was Tenn. Neither fan base has any love for the other. This had to be fueled by an outside third party. I want to hear from Geno on this, with respect to if his apology stipulation was met or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
But keeps the same players and coaches.

GenoAuriemmaPostgame100.JPG

I expect to dominate woman's college bowling within 5 years.​

NCAA champs.

Reaction Score
UConn Women’s Basketball and Tennessee to Renew Rivalry in 2019-2020

The two goliath programs will meet on the court again for the first time in over a decade.

The greatest rivalry in women’s college basketball is set to return. On Tuesday, UConn announced they would begin a home-and-home series with the Tennessee Lady Volunteers beginning in Hartford for the 2019-20 season. The Huskies will then make the return trip to Knoxville in 2020-2021.

UConn Women’s Basketball and Tennessee to Renew Rivalry in 2019-2020

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I would say "mark your calendars for 1/23/2020" but surely no one is in possession of a 2020 calendar. So, um, put that date in your phones?

One of yall needs to remind me before hand... Imma need to pick up some top quality ear plugs.. I can't imagine the sound that the wailing and gnashing of teeth would produce coming east from Tennessee into NC in case UConn puts a 50 point monkey stomping on that orange team :cool:

Reaction Score
I get this is something that hasn't happened in a long time...and I suppose we all thought the two programs would never schedule each other "voluntarily"... and would only play each other if forced to in an NCAA Tournament game... BUT... the ground did not shake as far as I noticed. Hope it will be a competitive series.

Reaction Score
It was announced that UCONN and Tennessee have agreed to play each other in 2019/20 and 2020/21. The game in 2019/20 will be played at UCONN and the following year UCONN will travel to Tennessee. Proceeds of both games will be donated to the Pat Summit Foundation. I don't know if the intensity will be like the old days, but it should being some needed publicity to the women's game.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
There have been some great games. In the UConn vs Tennessee rivalry.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Besides the Notre Dame game, this one will be the biggest and most talked about (most watched) game on the schedule. :eek: I never thought I'd see it happen!?! Thoughts?......
Maybe Geno's doing this "for the good of the game." Plus it's for a good cause.

I don't like it, though. Might help UT recruiting. Like others above, I don't see this as seismic.

Reaction Score
According to reports from ESPN, UCONN Women's Basketball will renew its rivalry between themselves and the University of Tennessee beginning in 2020. WOW - Wonder what the fireworks might be like OR has the luster worn off given the amount of years it has been since they have played?

Reaction Score
I think that by and large Husky fans are happy to renew the rivalry - but suspect it's not a big deal either way for most of us. On the other hand, UT fans still consider Geno the devil incarnate and are really going to go nuts over this. My nephew married into a family of rabid UT fans and boy do they dislike anything to do with UConn!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Maybe Geno's doing this "for the good of the game." Plus it's for a good cause.

I don't like it, though. Might help UT recruiting. Like others above, I don't see this as seismic.

The promise of big showpiece games against UConn might be attractive...until the games actually start happening. If getting one's butt kicked by UConn every year was a recruiting draw, players would be flocking to the likes of Tulsa and Temple by now.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Remember this? :eek:

This was my first thought when I read this sacrilege. :mad: This is one of my favorite Lombardy sound bites. Arrg, I need an Advil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
The proceeds from the games played between these 2 teams are going to a great cause. The Pat Summit Foundation for Alzheimers Disease.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Now this is funny!

Dkk2kvcUcAAJQU0.jpg

Rebecca's trying to pull a little southern fried chicken out of her cheek and H offers her a helping finger. I know I know... but just go with it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom