UConn to new Big East? What happens to Husky football? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn to new Big East? What happens to Husky football?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did the MAC kick out UMass? Was it a Big East-Temple situation? I don’t follow these things as closely as most people on this board.

They gave them a choice of going all sports or leaving as a FB only. 13 was the issue.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How about football finishes over .500? Or is that too much to ask?

How about Football wins a game for once. Thank god the program will go the way of old yeller!!!! UConn Basketball forever...UConn Football never!!!

Reaction Score
Our only chance to survive as an Indy with even a modicum of success is if FOX presses some buttons and we get scheduled vs Big 12, Pac12 and B1G (we’re already considered a “P-5” team for those encounters.)
As part of the AAC. Doubt that stays the same as an independent.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Did the MAC kick out UMass? Was it a Big East-Temple situation? I don’t follow these things as closely as most people on this board.

The MAC wanted UMASS for all sports. They wanted to keep their Olympic sports in the A10. They therefore were booted out of the MAC.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
From a marketing perspective, leaving the AAC will brand UConn as a “loser” and a “quitter”. It will be a long, long, time before that stench goes away.
Ehh, consider the source.

Reaction Score
How about Football wins a game for once. Thank god the program will go the way of old yeller!!!! UConn Basketball forever...UConn Football never!!!

Some of us spent good money and sat through some abysmal seasons at the Rent to support that program, so please cram it and hop back over to the hoops board where you can join the other blowhards who are enjoying tap dancing on our grave.

Reaction Score
If you thought home games with Tulsa, Tulane, ECU, and SMU were bad, just wait until you see the schedule as an independent. It will be a steady stream of Liberty, Old Dominion, Charlotte, UMass, FAU, Western Kentucky, FIU, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, South Alabama, Troy, Coastal Carolina, etc...

Keep in mind there will be few home games like Houston, Cincinatti, Memphis, or UCF each season to offset them.
Who cares. We can’t win more than 3 games either way

Reaction Score
From a marketing perspective, leaving the AAC will brand UConn as a “loser” and a “quitter”. It will be a long, long, time before that stench goes away.
It’ll be UConn going to a more powerful basketball conference

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
the AAC is a dead conference walking. As soon as the next round of realignment happens, which will happen, UCF, USF, Houston, and/or Cinci are gone. This is a preemptive strike. We have games scheduled out against P5 teams and we will fill in the rest. In a few years, stuff will shuffle and we’ll be in the ACC.

Reaction Score
I started off with “I respectfully disagree” and then you posted with a hot headed response as per your by line.

Yes you did, but then you pivoted to the arrogance I pointed out in my last reply. All because I don't buy the narrative that CR is over and done with.

Reaction Score
Let us celebrate. Yipee.

If we fail this, we'll be stuck with UNH and URI. Oh, and Holy Cross. HC won national championships, at least.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
From a marketing stand point UConn joining the Big East reminds the public of the high water mark of both institutions. UConn doubles down on its goal to be the top the NE program and now plays in the markets where its targeted recruits live.

You can be critical of the move 8 ways to Sunday, but from a marketing prospective its gold.

Reaction Score
As an outsider I can say this is literally the stupidest decision I've ever seen a university make regarding sports.

Even the basketball only fans should realize how stupid this is,but that doesn't appear to be the case. I can't believe half of your fanbase is actively cheering the destruction of your fball program. Blows my mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom