UConn @ Texas State Bobcats (Fri. 3/8 @ 7:30p ET, Sat. 3/9 @ 3:30 ET & Sun. 3/10 @ 1p ET) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Texas State Bobcats (Fri. 3/8 @ 7:30p ET, Sat. 3/9 @ 3:30 ET & Sun. 3/10 @ 1p ET)

Reaction Score
9th inning, Dandeneau in to pitch, Moriarty comes in to play 3B, Chiovitti to play RF.

Reaction Score
Perfect on Fridays (4-0)...

0FB29D99-C074-4AD3-97BC-7B457A3850AC.jpeg

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
What happened to baseballguy and ATLDYKA? Miss them :(

Very good performance today; let's clamp down and finish them tomorrow.

Reaction Score

Me too. I know @ATLDYKA has been lurking, but not really posting.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good start to the series (again). Hopefully with Feole tomorrow we can keep the momentum for once this year

Reaction Score
From everything we're hearing, Wang has a lot to lean but has a very high cieling. Would not at all be surprised to see him as a starter next year.

Next season Feole and Kersten will be gone from weekend starting jobs, while Dandeneau and Wallace will be gone from the backend of the bullpen. No matter where Wang ends up, there is plenty potential work for him.

Last edited:

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Next season Feole and Kersten will be gone from weekend starting jobs, while Dandeneau and Wallace will be gone from the backend of the bullpen. No matter where Wang ends up, there is plenty potential work work for him.

We also have three star freshman recruits coming in for next year's class, and we all know Penders is not afraid to throw a talented frosh into the fire!

I love the production we are starting to get from Wang. He will be a key part of our future.

Reaction Score

Notes
  • UConn is 4-0 on Fridays this season.
  • Mike Woodworth has hit safely in nine-straight games. The UConn CF recorded his team-leading sixth multi-hit game.
  • Pat Winkel recorded his first career three-hit game.
  • CJ Dandeneau has pitched in all six of UConn's victories this season.
  • Thad Phillips has recorded a hit in all five of his starts this season.
  • UConn recorded back-to-back big innings (3 runs or more) for the first time this season in the fourth and fifth innings

Reaction Score
We also have three star freshman recruits coming in for next year's class, and we all know Penders is not afraid to throw a talented frosh into the fire!

I love the production we are starting to get from Wang. He will be a key part of our future.

Just wondering, who are the three star freshmen recruits for next season that you are referring to? And yes, certainly true that Penders is always willing to go with a talented freshman player.

Reaction Score

Thanks for checking. I'm always here following UConn baseball. Been trying to keep a low profile. Just got tired of the personal attacks by a certain someone.
I am actually heading up to Greenville next Saturday to catch the DoubleHeader against the Sparties. Looking forward to it.

Reaction Score
Sounds like it was great game sat night.

Let’s win a Saturday game, now!

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Thanks for checking. I'm always here following UConn baseball. Been trying to keep a low profile. Just got tired of the personal attacks by a certain someone.
I am actually heading up to Greenville next Saturday to catch the DoubleHeader against the Sparties. Looking forward to it.

Don't be frightened...feel free to contribute!

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Just wondering, who are the three star freshmen recruits for next season that you are referring to? And yes, certainly true that Penders is always willing to go with a talented freshman player.

Zeigler, Wozny, and that New Hampshire beast...I am stoked for all 3 of them. I think they are coming next year, I could be a year off though.

Reaction Score
Zeigler, Wozny, and that New Hampshire beast...I am stoked for all 3 of them. I think they are coming next year, I could be a year off though.
Yeah, the 3 you list are very good but are presently HS juniors.
Sam Faveri is a HS senior to keep our eyes on.
Too bad Burrows went pro, for UConn.

Reaction Score

I was wondering if that was the trio you were referring to. They are high school juniors now, so they will be in Storrs for the 2021 spring season. Still, they got I believe 8 pitching recruits so far for next season, just not sure who is the cream of the crop in that group. Three lefty pitchers in that group (Max Nielsen, Reggie Crawford, and Garrett Coe), UConn usually has some good luck with the southpaws they get into the program.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know RPI is wonky this early on, but it's real nice seeing UConn at #5.

Reaction Score

Have fun next Saturday in Greenville.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom